'Psychic' Sally Morgan's charming family...

RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
Forum Member
Anyone thinking of going to see 'psychic' Sally Morgan?

http://boingboing.net/2014/10/10/video-exclusive-sceptic-bulli.html

Comments

• dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Anyone thinking of going to see 'psychic' Sally Morgan?

http://boingboing.net/2014/10/10/video-exclusive-sceptic-bulli.html

:o - Deeply unpleasant people.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the fookity fook?

It annoys me how much lying and threatening they do, as if they are the big I AM. They make me so angry. Surely them threatening to go to your job because you're gay and leak that and other personal info is illegal?

Well done to the guy that did the vid, I would've lost it and called them all the names under the sun.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should be more concerned with the criminal amounts of money these stage psychics charge rather than her abilities ...
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read his article in the Guardian and she has previous form for this sort of intimidatory behaviour, usually concerned with legal threats.
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think not a one of them is too bright, engaging in such a nonsense squabble.

Particularly enjoyed:

"...that Muslimer."

"You're a fairly gay little man."

But it doesn't get much better than a man over 60 saying, "I've a right mind to pick you and put you in the bin."

Brilliant.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Nice. Who even uses 'gay' an an insult anymore?

Although he says it as recorded in 2014, but the timestamp on the video says 2012....
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i saw her live, she is very good at what she does, not that i believe it but it was enjoyable, as for the video its pretty argumentative, not very nice people
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But what does she do? What is the point of the show if its not true.

Its different to someone like Derren Brown or his ilk, whose premise is that he is going to psychologically or otherwise determine information from you. Or in fact the comedy psychics who parody psychics and do it very well. That is entertainment with a clear premise and purpose.

She isnt.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Wow, what an awful people! Well done on to filmed that!
  • ChristopherJChristopherJ Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See this is why I prefer Derek and his amazing invisible Indian.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See this is why I prefer Derek and his amazing invisible Indian.

Well at least Acorah the Aura Explorer and his Sidekick Sam have a sense of humour!
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That page has a link to "What was your past life"
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    To think that people - probably right now - are filling a venue to fall for her crap. I think they ought to be shown this video before they go in, if they are daft enough to continue, they deserve to be conned.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To think that people - probably right now - are filling a venue to fall for her crap. I think they ought to be shown this video before they go in, if they are daft enough to continue, they deserve to be conned.

Unfortunately there are 'true believer's on just about any old bullshit you can think of - and no matter what evidence they are shown they will simply do what the Creationists do.

http://www.durangobill.com/CreationismPics/CreationismCantHearYou.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone saw her Facebook page? She posted this -

"Sally Morgan Enterprises would like to apologise for any offence caused by the material. Since April 2014, Mark Tilbrook has targeted Sally Morgan’s live performances; handing out leaflets to audience members. On several occasions theatre staff have had to call the police in order to get him removed.

Given the abuse Sally has endured over the past three years, which have included severe death threats and incidences of stalking; Sally was left fearing for her own safety once again.

Due to the continual presence of Mark Tilbrook and John Morgan’s ever-growing concern for Sally, he reacted angrily and out of character.

Sally was not aware of the comments made in this video. She is very upset by the events, does not condone any of the behaviour and can only assume that this was the cause of persistent hounding that lead to this altercation.

Although the Psychic Awareness month hosted by Good Thinking Society has come to light in recent weeks, the original leaflet given out by Mark Tilbrook contained different information which both Sally and SME felt made targeted references to her and not psychics in general, hence why legal advice has been taken."

What a load of bollocks. When did she get death threats? People were criticising her but her page quickly deleted any negative comments about her. Hundreds of people are telling her not to say sorry and that her husband done what any man should have done to protect his wife.

Wow. I have no words. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These sorts annoy the hell out of me.

I was flicking through the channels a while back and a programme about them was coming to an end. She had just finished a stage show where she exploited those in grief and her husband who I think is or was her manager was hurrying her out of the venue to their waiting chauffeur driven Merc. He turned to the camera and said something along the lines of "thats another one finished, only a few more and we are off on holiday"

That just about summed it all up. Disgusting way to make money.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    The Morgan trio are truly disgusting people.

I don't believe for one moment that John Morgan was acting out of character. He ranted using homophobic and racist terms, and it seems very much to me that it's a part of his normal vocabulary.

Like most other people trapped red handed, she's only (half-heartedly) apologising because they got caught out.

I hope this does the entire team immense damage.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Quinnx3 wrote: »
    These sorts annoy the hell out of me.

I was flicking through the channels a while back and a programme about them was coming to an end. She had just finished a stage show where she exploited those in grief and her husband who I think is or was her manager was hurrying her out of the venue to their waiting chauffeur driven Merc. He turned to the camera and said something along the lines of "thats another one finished, only a few more and we are off on holiday"

That just about summed it all up. Disgusting way to make money.

Yep true colour
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Doesn't surprise me. Their idiotic defensiveness just shows how the whole family are making a fortune off the back of Sally's fraudulent and non-existent "psychic" abilities.

Personally I think people should be banned from making money by claiming to be a psychic or medium. They get around current legislation by saying it's done for "entertainment" purposes because of course there's no proof that they can do anything which they claim to be able to. And you could argue that they wouldn't be making any money if people didn't pay to attend their shows, which people do of their own free will. However, I think it is at best dishonest if people attend these shows with the expectation that their departed loved ones may be somehow able to communicate with them and "psychics" like Sally Morgan make up a load of cold-reading cobblers instead.

Couldn't agree more. It's awful - people who go to this type of thing are usually vulnerable people who are grieving and desperate to get a message from their deceased loved ones.

It's such a shame.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgusting scum!
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »

"Sally Morgan Enterprises would like to apologise for any offence caused by the material. Since April 2014, Mark Tilbrook has targeted Sally Morgan’s live performances; handing out leaflets to audience members. On several occasions theatre staff have had to call the police in order to get him removed.

Given the abuse Sally has endured over the past three years, which have included severe death threats and incidences of stalking; Sally was left fearing for her own safety once again.

Due to the continual presence of Mark Tilbrook and John Morgan’s ever-growing concern for Sally, he reacted angrily and out of character.

Sally was not aware of the comments made in this video. She is very upset by the events, does not condone any of the behaviour and can only assume that this was the cause of persistent hounding that lead to this altercation.

Although the Psychic Awareness month hosted by Good Thinking Society has come to light in recent weeks, the original leaflet given out by Mark Tilbrook contained different information which both Sally and SME felt made targeted references to her and not psychics in general, hence why legal advice has been taken."

What a load of bollocks. When did she get death threats? People were criticising her but her page quickly deleted any negative comments about her. Hundreds of people are telling her not to say sorry and that her husband done what any man should have done to protect his wife.

I scoured through a number of comments on that status (about 300) and I didn't see ANY detractors on Sally.. zip, nil, nothing. Some selective editing me thinks
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Does she seriously think that is any excuse for their disgusting behaviour!
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Due to the continual presence of Mark Tilbrook and John Morgan’s ever-growing concern for Sally, he reacted angrily and out of character.. :(

Funny that bit, because he seemed pretty well used to dropping comments about the guys sexuality, like being gay was some sort of stigma. And thinking he was riotously funny for doing it, only tells me it's totally in character for him to be that way. Grrr.

The "theatre staff had to call police on several occasions" translates in my head as "Sally refused to go on stage until they did this". :p:D
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    gold2040 wrote: »
    I scoured through a number of comments on that status (about 300) and I didn't see ANY detractors on Sally.. zip, nil, nothing. Some selective editing me thinks

It's full of sycophantic nonsense such as "so sorry you have to go through this Sally!!!"

Go through what? Have a harmless guy handing out leaflets challenging her bullshit, or having her racist, homophobic idiot of a husband exposed for being, well, racist, homophobic and an idiot?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KidMoe wrote: »
    It's full of sycophantic nonsense such as "so sorry you have to go through this Sally!!!"

Go through what? Have a harmless guy handing out leaflets challenging her bullshit, or having her racist, homophobic idiot of a husband exposed for being, well, racist, homophobic and an idiot?

I left a comment against her and her "work" and it got about 8 people Liking it before the page refreshed and my comment was quickly removed and I was banned from posting any more on the page.