• Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    She can talk.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a rather pertinent question is does that terrorist apologising **** own a mirror and did he actually stand in front of it and think "yeah, this 'beard' is good look for me"?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I thought it was typical crapstyle Burley interviewing. Why Sky persevere with her is anyone's guess.
  • Options
    PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was typical crapstyle Burley interviewing. Why Sky persevere with her is anyone's guess.

She knows where the bodies are buried.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's great!:p
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay Burley? I would find her attractive but then I imagine what she'd do to me if I failed to meet her expectations.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    its about time these guys get challenged. had it far too easy from the press up until now :kitty:
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jan Moirs soulless sister.
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always found her hard nosed and rude but let's be honest; that moron really did need to get over himself. You can't ask me whether I condemn something, that's islamophobic :cry:. Oh please. Learn to debate, and shave that horrible bumfluff off your face. :p
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    Kay Burley? I would find her attractive but then I imagine what she'd do to me if I failed to meet her expectations.

You might just enjoy the consequences.........:);-):)
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    I always found her hard nosed and rude but let's be honest; that moron really did need to get over himself. You can't ask me whether I condemn something, that's islamophobic :cry:. Oh please. Learn to debate, and shave that horrible bumfluff off your face. :p

That would be true if that was the question. Instead, she asked the frankly ridiculous "How do you feel about the beheading?".
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    That would be true if that was the question. Instead, she asked the frankly ridiculous "How do you feel about the beheading?".

My bad, a few days since I actually watched it. She did ask him if he condemned JJ's actions, but that was at the end when he stormed off. Her question may have been stupid, but it wasn't remotely racist or islamophobic and Cerie Bullivant just showed that he cannot debate at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He could have just said something like he was obviously appalled by it just like any other right minded, decent person would be. :confused:

She wanted to hear him condone the murderer, but of course he wouldn't.
  • Options
    Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quite - and in any context it would also be a ridiculous question to ask anybody.

It's the very definition of a loaded question, because to feel the need to ask it infers that the interviewee may indeed sympathise with the cause...and that is what Burley was going after. It's deliberate provocation and baiting, and frankly lazy journalism.

If you can try and divorce yourself from the usual islamaphobic hysteria and take the interview in isolation, and particularly if you listen to what the guy says in the early part of the interview (where he had basically made his feelings and opinions clear anyway), the interview came across a childish attempt by Burley to provoke and ambush the subject, in a vain attempt to get a soundbite.

That said, I don't think the guy dealt with it very well...going off in a strop did him no favours.

Frankly, I think both of them looked stupid, especially her smarmy 'Ooooohh...think I might get an award for this' grin at the end.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not normally a fan of hers but I don't think she did anything wrong here.

The Muslim fundamentalist's strop spoke volumes.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    "How do you feel about the beheading?" was indeed a stupid question, but he could have just have said he was shocked and appalled by it instead of constantly apologising for radicalisation by blaming the security services :confused:
  • Options
    TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burley trying to stir shit again. Just one reason for not watching Sky News.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Get over yourself' is my favourite phrase at the moment. She used it perfectly.
  • Options
    PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    Well, the Burley bird catches the worm.
  • Options
    itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good from Burley as usual, one of the best at Sky. The BBC could never handle her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    "How do you feel about the beheading?" was indeed a stupid question, but he could have just have said he was shocked and appalled by it instead of constantly apologising for radicalisation by blaming the security services :confused:

Maybe it wasn't such a stupid question, she was forcing him to either condone or condemn in a way that he couldn't wriggle out of, which is why he walked off in a strop instead of answering the question.
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite - and in any context it would also be a ridiculous question to ask anybody.
    Maybe as a random question to the man on the street, but kind of pertinent to someone extolling the virtues of Jihadi John, surely? :confused:
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't normally like her, but she owned him in that interview.

Well played Kay Burley.
  • Options
    Ted CTed C Posts: 11,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe as a random question to the man on the street, but kind of pertinent to someone extolling the virtues of Jihadi John, surely? :confused:

? And when exactly did the interviewee do this?
  • Options
    TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't really been following this 'Jihadi John' business but even just a quick google search suggests it's a rather complicated business. And CAGE's allegation that Emwazi was being harassed by MI5 hasn't really been investigated yet. Burley is just doing what she does best - being obtuse.