Options

The Vampire Diaries Season 3 [US Pace] *Tagged Spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    A great episode! Didn't see that coming so soon with Elena! Great twist with Klaus but does that mean Tyler is really dead? When did he die? Before his "final scene" with Caroline?

Glad the evil Alaric won't be strung out for another season, I didn't like him evil.

Roll on the next series. Poor Damon :(
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually cheered when Klaus got staked, and then just felt screaming disappointment that they gave him a pass AGAIN! Honestly, we've spent the entire season trying to kill this guy and the lack of a payoff just cemented my disgruntled feelings about the vast majority of this season.

I just hope he's not super powerful in someone else's body, and that he stops coming across as such a whiny brat. When you're relieved a season ends there's something wrong somewhere, right? Maybe just me though.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Actually cheered when Klaus got staked, and then just felt screaming disappointment that they gave him a pass AGAIN! Honestly, we've spent the entire season trying to kill this guy and the lack of a payoff just cemented my disgruntled feelings about the vast majority of this season.

I just hope he's not super powerful in someone else's body, and that he stops coming across as such a whiny brat. When you're relieved a season ends there's something wrong somewhere, right? Maybe just me though.:(
    I do get where you are coming from. Would have prefered a clean Klaus death as it has been strung out A LOT! How creepy was he in the coffin when he opened his eyes?!:eek:
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was superb, the underwater scenes were amazing - Sigur Rós playing, could it be any better. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss-Fitz wrote: »
    I do get where you are coming from. Would have prefered a clean Klaus death as it has been strung out A LOT! How creepy was he in the coffin when he opened his eyes?!:eek:

Very, didn't like that at all.:eek:
  • Options
    Tom MillerTom Miller Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Just wow!
  • Options
    111roy111111roy111 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Well i don't think shes a vampire, she may still have one of those rings on that could bring her back, from a supernatural death, but a very good ending.
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    111roy111 wrote: »
    Well i don't think shes a vampire, she may still have one of those rings on that could bring her back, from a supernatural death, but a very good ending.

Bonnie told Jeremy back in Season 2 that the Gilbert protection ring will not protect the wearer if they're supernatural (when he tried to give it to her at the Decade Dance), and as a doppelgänger is a supernatural occurrence Elena can't wear it.

Anyway, I loved the finale and cried my eyes out! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The rings don't work on supernatural beings (or doppelgangers), it was said before when Jeremy (I think) tried to loan it to Elena. Otherwise they would have used it during the moonstone ritual.

EDIT: Blossom beat me to it:D
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    I kinda guessed a few eps ago Tyler was a goner didn't expect that death though. Heres the thing when did Bonnie have the time to ask his permission or did she just magic his soul out of his body into klaus with no warning to him which if she did she's an even bigger bitch than I previously thought. Do love how they ultimately didn't clear up the triangle yes she chose Stefan but then the flashback and now she knows of his I love you from the second series too so they can drag that a few more eps
  • Options
    alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If they pull something like that i'll be royally pissed off, it would be such a cop out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    I kinda guessed a few eps ago Tyler was a goner didn't expect that death though. Heres the thing when did Bonnie have the time to ask his permission or did she just magic his soul out of his body into klaus with no warning to him which if she did she's an even bigger bitch than I previously thought. Do love how they ultimately didn't clear up the triangle yes she chose Stefan but then the flashback and now she knows of his I love you from the second series too so they can drag that a few more eps

There's no proof yet that Tyler is dead and much as I hate Bonnie I don't think she'd do something to kill one friend to save the others. More likely, as with Alaric and Esther/Rebekah, Klaus is just overriding Tyler.
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the song goes ' 2 out of 3 ain't bad'!

As I've been saying for ages, Elena becoming a Vampire was inevitable and the way this season was going, it was always going to happen in the finale.

The Damon twist wasn't a suprise either nor was Elena's choice but both were executed very well and the whole bridge section was excellent!

However Klaus's escape (Number ?) was the one that suprised me, and the fact that they are all from his line!

Also in answer to a few questions above this link will help - http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/11/vampire-diaries-season-finale-elena/

I especially loved the answer to the question about any more questions! I found it very funny.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    There's no proof yet that Tyler is dead and much as I hate Bonnie I don't think she'd do something to kill one friend to save the others. More likely, as with Alaric and Esther/Rebekah, Klaus is just overriding Tyler.

Wouldn't it be a bit hard for klaus to leave tylers body if his is gone? And lets face it tyler has the best body for klaus as won't he be the strongest person seeing as he's wolf/vamp so he's not gonna just give up that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it! Thought we were going to get more flashback stuff then we did, but it was good how they did it.

Cant belive she met Damon first! i forgot about compulsion (sp) and was thinking - why doesntshe remeber this!
    I dont think Tyler is dead, when Klaus took over Rics body he didnt die, but Tyler will never come back, unless they find a new body for Klaus.

I cried and i knew i was going to happen. The ending!!!! Loved it, whens it back on?

And Klaus opening his eyes gave me chills!
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    I cried and i knew i was going to happen. The ending!!!! Loved it, whens it back on?

The previous seasons have started in the second or third week of September.

Bonnie was presumably hoping Klaus body wouldn't get staked and she could put Tyler back after the threat was over though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    The previous seasons have started in the second or third week of September.

Bonnie was presumably hoping Klaus body wouldn't get staked and she could put Tyler back after the threat was over though.

Possibly. According to Julie Plec
    Tyler is still in there,
    so that's cleared up.

The more I read people's comments about this episode, and this season, the more I realise how many ugly plot-holes there are. If I had to sum up season three it would be like this:

Try to kill Klaus every week and fail.
    Have a dance every other week and put your lives at risk because 'you want to live normally'.
    Mope around.
    Have another party.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly. According to Julie Plec
    Tyler is still in there,
    so that's cleared up.

The more I read people's comments about this episode, and this season, the more I realise how many ugly plot-holes there are. If I had to sum up season three it would be like this:

Try to kill Klaus every week and fail.
    Have a dance every other week and put your lives at risk because 'you want to live normally'.
    Mope around.
    Have another party.

Well yes. I don't imagine you're meant to take Vampire Diaries that seriously. :D The fact the FBI haven't turned up given hundreds of people have died is also pretty funny.
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least they're not gonna try and kill klaus anymore as he is their creator...

I see both tyler and klaus returning tbh, I can't see them dying off completely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Klaus will be trying to set Jeremy up, since he's the last of the doppelganger line (I think?). As we all suspect he'll end up back in his own body!
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elena was adopted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know! But her father was her step fathers brother wasn't he?
    2 gilbert rings!
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    I know! But her father was her step fathers brother wasn't he?
    2 gilbert rings!

Yes they were, but the Petrova bloodline comes from Elena's biological mother's side...Isobel's. It would be interesting to see if Isobel had any siblings, maybe one of them could continue the petrova bloodline resulting in a doppleganger in the next 500 years or so. :)
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Also I loved the way they did the underwater scene...it was EPIC. Nina Dobrev deserves an emmy for her underwater emotions...haha :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Yes they were, but the Petrova bloodline comes from Elena's biological mother's side...Isobel's. It would be interesting to see if Isobel had any siblings, maybe one of them could continue the petrova bloodline resulting in a doppleganger in the next 500 years or so. :)

I apologise, I stand corrected. It's been a while since I've watched the other seasons.

Another child is unlikely but a sibling of Isobel is more likely. It would prob be a card they'll play in later seasons.

From the sounds of it at least everyone's favourite history teacher will be sticking around as a ghost for sporadic appearances, which is great.

Also it will be nice that the continual attempts to kill Klaus will stop and as an added bonus Rebekah will be sticking around as well which means more Claire Holt :)