Wii U stock shortages ahoy!

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmjeffrey wrote: »
    I have pre-ordered five consoles, one for me and four to sell.

I seriously don't see what is wrong in doing that. I am simply cashing in on what will hopefully be quite a lucrative Christmas. If they don't sell at my asking price, I will simply return them within 30 days for a full refund, but I'm pretty sure they will.

did you get them from argos? no returns on no faulty goods for consoles
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    jmjeffrey wrote: »
    I have pre-ordered five consoles, one for me and four to sell.

I seriously don't see what is wrong in doing that. I am simply cashing in on what will hopefully be quite a lucrative Christmas. If they don't sell at my asking price, I will simply return them within 30 days for a full refund, but I'm pretty sure they will.

How is the lucrative Christmas market working for you? You must be well on your way to your first million by now... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    How is the lucrative Christmas market working for you? You must be well on your way to your first million by now... :rolleyes:

I think anyone who bought a load of these consoles hoping to make a killing have been really done over:D

I think the high price of the console and very average release day games was enough proof that this console was not going to be in high demand certainly not to an extent where people were going to pay silly money to buy one.

You can buy what you want where you want at the moment and I dont know anyone who never got one on release day.

I think if nintendo had pitched the console at around 50 quid cheaper then it would have been a different story.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly ... I know loads of people who thought they'd make a quick buck but where left with em on their hands lol ... Serves em right ... I hope the shops refuse 2 take em back. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Exactly ... I know loads of people who thought they'd make a quick buck but where left with em on their hands lol ... Serves em right ... I hope the shops refuse 2 take em back. ;)

I would love it so much if they just got told by the shop, no refunds unless its faulty, because the guy trying to take them back wouldn't even me able to pretend they are faulty

It's just pathetic really and the more i think about it the more it annoys me, families are trying to have a nice Christmas and buy a WiiU and then you have absolute bastards like jmjeffrey trying to make a quick bit of money out of them by overcharging, well i seriously hope you make a major loss of this and hope the shops have a legal right to refuse you the refund
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if the wii controller will work without the motion plus thingy? I have bought my son mario u but none of his 4 wii controllers have motion plus.
  • Options
    kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nope, don't need it. I don't have it on my controllers :)
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    kyresa wrote: »
    nope, don't need it. I don't have it on my controllers :)

Thank you:)
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think anyone who bought a load of these consoles hoping to make a killing have been really done over:D

I think the high price of the console and very average release day games was enough proof that this console was not going to be in high demand certainly not to an extent where people were going to pay silly money to buy one.

You can buy what you want where you want at the moment and I dont know anyone who never got one on release day.

I think if nintendo had pitched the console at around 50 quid cheaper then it would have been a different story.

I dont think the price is the issue here. Nintendo have launched this very softly. Why I dont know but they are not pushing the Wii U at all? I see more Vita adverts than Wii U. Not really sure what nintendo's strategy is here? Seems like they are prepared to wait until more software is on the table before they go with a bigger marketing push. Could be 2/3 very painful months in regard to HW sales.

The European sales are really low. Japan was ok with 300k+ sold in the first 4 days. Thats pretty decent and 400k were sold in the states on launch week 1 which also isnt bad at all. However Nintendo have not even released any PR regarding European sales which means they aint great. No games are selling either.

One thing that needs to be done is a beter job at communicating to the public that this is a new console. So many people think this is an add on to the Wii.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    I dont think the price is the issue here. Nintendo have launched this very softly. Why I dont know but they are not pushing the Wii U at all? I see more Vita adverts than Wii U. Not really sure what nintendo's strategy is here? Seems like they are prepared to wait until more software is on the table before they go with a bigger marketing push. Could be 2/3 very painful months in regard to HW sales.

The European sales are really low. Japan was ok with 300k+ sold in the first 4 days. Thats pretty decent and 400k were sold in the states on launch week 1 which also isnt bad at all. However Nintendo have not even released any PR regarding European sales which means they aint great. No games are selling either.

One thing that needs to be done is a beter job at communicating to the public that this is a new console. So many people think this is an add on to the Wii.

Couldn't agree more about the marketing, for a long time i honestly thought the game pad was the console and it just had a disk slot on it

It wasn't until earlier this year i started to notice the little black box that came with the gamepad and then i realized that was the console

They need to make it clearer what people are buying and they need to advertise it more, why have a seen 7+ PS3 and Vita adverts and only 2 WiiU adverts and 0 3DS adverts
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they must deliberately be going for a soft launch at this point. It's a weird, unconventional strategy, to be sure, but there's usually a reason behind Nintendo's seemingly mad decisions.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more about the marketing, for a long time i honestly thought the game pad was the console and it just had a disk slot on it

It wasn't until earlier this year i started to notice the little black box that came with the gamepad and then i realized that was the console

They need to make it clearer what people are buying and they need to advertise it more, why have a seen 7+ PS3 and Vita adverts and only 2 WiiU adverts and 0 3DS adverts

The thing is the focus of the console was put on the game pad and the issue with this is people think it’s just another Wii peripheral. It’s sloppy by Nintendo as the 3DS suffered the same thing where people thought it was another DS console and not a complete new console.

Now the 3DS marketing is very low but in a way Nintendo don’t really have to worry about that for now. The 3DS sales while they could be better (in the west) there is enough titles which will keep it relevant and it will shift enough units.

The Wii U is in a totally different boat and either Nintendo were banking on the Wii crowd to jump in or they are just ready to sell to the core audience for now without a real marketing push. Even in Japan from what I have been reading they went with a really soft launch there as well with very few demo units and there was no real buzz prior to launch.

The problem with banking on the wii crowd jumping is is the Wii has been dead for 2 years. To kill a console and then wait 2 years is a long time when there so many options avaliable to people. There wasnt really any momentum to strictly appeal to wii owners as the Wii has been a dead platform.

I have no doubt it’s a deliberate strategy but why I’m not really sure why? It was also going to be difficult at launch in the sense Microsoft and Sony were going to release cheap bundles and even though the Wii U has enough 3rd party games at launch these titles have already been released on other systems and can now be picked up cheap. It’s hard sell when titles full price on the Wii u can be picked for 50% less on the 360/PS3.

Maybe they don’t think is worth going with an expensive marketing blitz when for now they don’t have the software just yet. My concern with this is you still need to make it aware the system is out and what it is and while there may feel the need to not go with a blitz right now they need to do something.