Gaga is Car Crash TV

Comments

• Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes off her rocker that's for sure......but somehow I kinda like her :confused:

That's the way I see it too. What I like about her is her complete confidence in whatever she's doing. She totally owns it.
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was brilliant. If you can't see that your critical faculties are extremely poor.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing about Gaga is that people who like her will say wow shes so crazy and artistic, all you boring non arty people just won't get her like we do!!

Well, those people are wrong. Stomping around with a bad wig on and then putting on a deranged look while wobbling your arse around in nude underwear isn't original or artistic. Miley Cyrus did the very same thing last month.

The reason why most people don't "get" Gaga is because there is nothing to get. Its a load of random contrived shit that people lap up because they think it makes them creative and unique. She's 100% out for publicity at all times and will do literally anything for it. She's just a cash cow for her record company.

And her music is just terrible. At least her earlier stuff was catchy.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    The thing about Gaga is that people who like her will say wow shes so crazy and artistic, all you boring non arty people just won't get her like we do!!

Well, those people are wrong. Stomping around with a bad wig on and then putting on a deranged look while wobbling your arse around in nude underwear isn't original or artistic. Miley Cyrus did the very same thing last month.

The reason why most people don't "get" Gaga is because there is nothing to get. Its a load of random contrived shit that people lap up because they think it makes them creative and unique. She's 100% out for publicity at all times and will do literally anything for it. She's just a cash cow for her record company.

Absolutely. And as someone who used to be a fan, I can say from myself and others' experience that at some point every fan of Lady Gaga finally realises this and wonders what the hell they've been getting excited about. For me, I realised when her second album was all about the hype and not at all about the music - the album was mostly filler. Many others had this same epiphany. Plenty more had the penny drop when she pulled that stunt with trying to cheat her way to #1 in the US. She's on her way out, the original fanbases are fading.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    She looked deranged. Another one who has to go on stage wearing her bra and pants because she can't sing.

Her eyes and general appearance reminded me of a neighbour before she has a bi polar episode.

:D He He!.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I can handle looking at Dermots man flute but not Gagas camel toe which looked like a double mattress folded in half
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sal*UK wrote: »
    I think she is very talented, but this is dreadful in some many ways.

Much has been made, of late, of Miley Cyrus' antics and the supposed, dodgy lyrics of Robin Thicke..

However, talented though she may be and I've heard favourable comparisons to Kate Bush, though I'm not seeing why, in terms of talent and song-writing depth, but, for me, this was a load of self obsessed tosh..far more "shocking," if that sort of thing is supposed to "shock," than Cyrus, but totally lacking in any sort of musical innovation, or originality.

The mere fact that she's touted as this genius but appears on this show, leaves much to be questioned.

Rich,
    x
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyond awful performance of possibly 2 of the worst songs I've ever heard in my life
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was awful, the whole thing didn't appeal to me.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a calmer performance, as Gaga only had 2 days of rehearsal. Still vocally outstanding.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Not since my mum got really pissed in Torremolinos have I seen as ugly and flabby a woman writhe around in a pantie-girdle screeching her head off.
  • WickedPlansWickedPlans Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Hideous on every level. What a tragic scraping of the bottom of the barrel. Is she trying to compete with Mikey Cyrus?
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a cringey mess, but Do What You Want is quite catchy. It's a shame that she is wasting her natural talent and stage presence on just trying to be as ridiculous as possible.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was brilliant. If you can't see that your critical faculties are extremely poor.

And if you call that music I can only assume you're deaf.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    I can handle looking at Dermots man flute but not Gagas camel toe which looked like a double mattress folded in half

That's the remnant of the meat suit, made into beef curtains.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Weird seeing the like of Gaga claim originality, yet all she is is a very poor imitation of Madonna in late 80s/early 90s
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Don't you know her ass is famous?!

Erm no, I've never took much notice of her :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. Just made myself watch it. The first song (Venus?) - usual GaGa tat. Second song I actually quite liked, it's a move away from her normal G.A.Y/eurotrashy style. But the performances? Just wrong. She's deranged. And not in a wonderfully artful, beautifully expressive way like Kate Bush. Just bonkers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is hilariously weird. I would rather have a world with loony mentalists like GaGa than without.

Some people hate saying 'what the f**k did I just watch? after a performance' I *love* it. If an artist can combine that with a catchy song and strong musical skills, they gets the thumbs up from me.

There's a place in the music world for standing at a mic and just singing, but there's also a place for the riotously entertaining over-the-top freakshow.

Excellent vocals, especially considering how physically demanding her choreography was.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weird seeing the like of Gaga claim originality, yet all she is is a very poor imitation of Madonna in late 80s/early 90s

One of the differences between the 2 is that during the late 80's/early 90's Madonna was releasing killer tunes.
    Venus I've now heard several times,but still cant remember enough to hum the tune. There seems 4 parts to it too & they don't flow together easily.
    Do What U Want is better- but sounds like a strong album track,not an album launching single.
    Gala is bland product that comes in very interesting,flashy wrapping. At the end of the day its the music that leaves the last impression,not the wacky performances or hyperbole.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the performance.

I also like how people are saying "what was she wearing!?" when she was wearing just the essentials to cover her bits anyway, if she wears one of her huge outfits she gets the same critical response. She'll never win, but she's a strong woman and that's what I like her!
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's unreasonable to compare Ga GA to a car crash.

...It's difficult to ignore a car crash! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »

She trades on her image and some catchy pop songs, but is just an ok singer in my opinion. Bit like Madonna ......
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a calmer performance, as Gaga only had 2 days of rehearsal. Still vocally outstanding.

What was it about her monotonously dynamic-less if reasonably solid voice going off key (consistently out of tune to the same degree, flat and out of tune all the same, through the first song)trying to navigate simple melody lines did you find to be vocally outstanding?
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm sure it's supposed to be "art", but it just looked like an impromptu first rehearsal to me...