Returned Postal Order Question (From DVLA)

2»

Comments

• MagnamundianMagnamundian Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    The reason the OP may have had his postal order returned is that there may not have actually been a fee for the change. I had to change my old paper licence for a photocard one as a result of a change of address. I was not charged any fee for this.

Interestingly I just had my licence updated, received all my documents and the new licence in the last couple of days but they don't appear to have cashed my cheque.

Anybody know if the DVLA are slow at cashing cheques? or does the fact that I've received my licence effectively mean they've already decided not to charge?
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phepia wrote: »
    DVLA are a nightmare.
    Probably the only company to still insist on cheques/postal orders still.
    And they have just lost my cheque (they received it as I tracked the letter) with original documents / logbook in it. They insisted on the original, then lose the documents!

Why can't they be like other companies and accept payment over the phone!

The Health Professions Council specify cheque or postal order aswell (when you apply to register that is..they seem to allow direct debits etc. for the annual fees)

I don't possess a cheque book so that was a bit of a worry for a while :blush: