Options

‘EastEnders' Spoiler: Lucy Beale's Killer Revealed? Bookies Suspend Bettings

Comments

• Options
    The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    Jane's a good punt.

Must've been a big bet to get it all suspended.
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll look a right lemon if it isn't Jane.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't see it being Jane tbh
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    being a bit overcautious I think.

unless they were massive bets
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What motive would Jane have to kill Lucy? :confused:
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Markjuk wrote: »

Exactly what I was thinking.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I doubt they'd make it Jane. She hasn't been in since the storyline began except for the funeral - does she even have a motive?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I don't see it being Jane tbh but what do I know.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »

I don't know about Jane but the key thing is that this Lucy murder is NOT premeditated. There is not a motive for murder. The person who killed her does not know they did it. They realise later on.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only motive I can think off is aborti g the baby and being part of the reason steven shot her. She never blamed lucy for the shooing but was but about the abortion, but that was years ago :/

Jane I don't see being a killer. Denise maybe (considering Lucas taking her hostage) but definatly not jane.
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    I doubt they'd make it Jane. She hasn't been in since the storyline began except for the funeral - does she even have a motive?

She was in at the time Lucy was killed. She's in the trailer that was shown straight after the episode
  • Options
    mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds more plausible than the last leak
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Lucy's killer only needed reason to confront her. Anything could have happened that caused her to die. And Jane knew about the cocaine.

I love that we're over halfway through and still have no idea who the killer is. It could still be nearly anyone.
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably just a publicity stunt. I don't buy into it. But that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    I don't know about Jane but the key thing is that this Lucy murder is NOT premeditated. There is not a motive for murder. The person who killed her does not know they did it. They realise later on.

I'm glad someone else has remembered these facts.
  • Options
    Josh2407Josh2407 Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    If it's Jane it ruins the character, same goes for Peter, Abi, Max etc. who are long term character's in the show, if it is somebody like that they have to be certain they want to go down that route with the character, there's no going back.

I think one of the new characters (one of the Carter's) or a returnee
  • Options
    LilDrew1LilDrew1 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Well I doubt it would be Jane. It just wouldn't add up as she been missing so much in past few months. The Producer also said we would suddenly realize all the little clues that make you think oh that make perfect sense.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Maybe she doesn't have a motive. Maybe she backed out and ran Lucy over accidentally or something like that.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane is the killer :o why would she kill Lucy?
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought no one related to the reveal would know before January? Seems a bit sketchy to me, but stranger things have happened, I suppose.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Josh2407 wrote: »
    If it's Jane it ruins the character, same goes for Peter, Abi, Max etc. who are long term character's in the show, if it is somebody like that they have to be certain they want to go down that route with the character, there's no going back.

I think one of the new characters (one of the Carter's) or a returnee

Folks are not getting this storyline at all. There is not a murderer on the loose who committed premeditated murder. All this talk about motives to murder completely misses the point.

EE have said that the person who did it doesn't know to much later on. Lucy banged her head when with Max so it will only take a relatively minor altercation to exacerbate this injury. It is a matter of who could have had an argument with Lucy. A whole lot of folks is the answer. There was clearly a cover up but not by the person who had the argument/caused death is how it is panning out.

It is very likely that culprit was someone close to Lucy not some newbie.
  • Options
    JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    Bookies do not take big money bets on stuff like this - they are novelty markets. Fivers and tenners max stake
  • Options
    nojunkmailnojunkmail Posts: 1,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JBO wrote: »
    Bookies do not take big money bets on stuff like this - they are novelty markets. Fivers and tenners max stake

Not true. There is no max stake with Paddy Power anyway.

Paddy Power are still taking bets, the only shift in the market is based on this "news" Jane is now favourite at 4/1 which is still good odds of this is a sure thing.

I wouldn't think it is Jane.
  • Options
    textpesttextpest Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this has been asked in any of the numerous threads about Lucy's death. Do I remember correctly that she didn't die where she was found? Therefore surely we ar looking at a male - I can't imagine Jane or Denise would be strong enough to lift a dead body?

And as I've been dipping in and out of Eastenders this year - more in than out recently I might add! - are we 100% on cause of death?

Thanks.