Shot while shopping

warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/kenya/10326548/Nairobi-shopping-mall-attack-siege-live.html

"a shopping centre in Kenyan capital Nairobi remains in the hands of terrorists almost 24 hours after an attack was launched that killed at least 59 people."

Note also...
A well-connected source said there were more than 100,000 people in Britain from "completely militarised" regions, including Somalia and its neighbours in the Horn of Africa, and Afghanistan and territories bordering the country. "Every one of them knows how to use an AK-47," said the source. "

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-52853.html

Comments

• smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    warlord wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/kenya/10326548/Nairobi-shopping-mall-attack-siege-live.html

"a shopping centre in Kenyan capital Nairobi remains in the hands of terrorists almost 24 hours after an attack was launched that killed at least 59 people."

Note also...

And some of them win Olympic gold medals for us, so what's your point?
  • warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And some of them win Olympic gold medals for us, so what's your point?

It is only a matter of time before it happens here
    Forum Member
    It is only a matter of time before it happens here

You mean like the IRA used to do?
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    You mean like the IRA used to do?

Yes, and probably on a bigger scale.
    Forum Member
    In other words, you're just starting a shit stirring thread because you have a thing against Muslims.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Note also...

And it took you a day to post because...

...and should Mo Farrah be shot?
  • Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Note also...

Welcome to Yesterday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other words, you're just starting a shit stirring thread because you have a thing against Muslims.

...or because I think mass murder is more important than jerking off over opinion polls.
    Forum Member
    ...or because I think mass murder is more important than jerking off over opinion polls.

So why did you imply that there are 100,000 people in the UK ready to turn on us? Honestly, that is either showing paranoia which should be treated or you are just displaying irrational race hatred, which should also be treated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why did you imply that there are 100,000 people in the UK ready to turn on us? Honestly, that is either showing paranoia which should be treated or you are just displaying irrational race hatred, which should also be treated.

I did not imply that.
    I quoted a source in the Intelligence community who pointed out that there is a pool of up to 100,000 trained men for al Qaeda to try to recruit from.
    Forum Member
    I did not imply that.
    I quoted a source in the Intelligence community who pointed out that there is a pool of up to 100,000 trained men for al Qaeda to try to recruit from.

Why mention it it if you weren't implying that?
  • BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is far from irrational or paranoia. Whatever the levels that these things operate at some Muslims just want to kill non-Muslims for a host of reasons not least because they believe their religion not only allows them to but demands that they do.
    If you get a million Poles into the country then the chances of some of them being religiously fuelled to kill you is almost non existent. If you get a million Muslims into the country then the odds you will get at least a few that will have that wish/death wish are odds on. What you say is ignore it. Is that the right approach?
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    Not sure what this has to do with politics. And there is already a thread on this in general discussion
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did not imply that.

1) You were a bit late to the party with the news
    2) The quoted source was even older - 2005!
    Forum Member

:D I didn't even open it!

I must have missed 8 years of 100,000 armed people rampaging around Bluewater (although, near Xmas it's difficult to tell). Maybe they were too busy winning gold medals or getting IT degrees or training to be doctors.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So what?
  • JunglistSoldierJunglistSoldier Posts: 472
    Forum Member

What about your blow up hitler doll?
  • DunnroaminDunnroamin Posts: 2,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is far from irrational or paranoia. Whatever the levels that these things operate at some Muslims just want to kill non-Muslims for a host of reasons not least because they believe their religion not only allows them to but demands that they do.
    If you get a million Poles into the country then the chances of some of them being religiously fuelled to kill you is almost non existent. If you get a million Muslims into the country then the odds you will get at least a few that will have that wish/death wish are odds on. What you say is ignore it. Is that the right approach?

You should realise there are a large number of people in this country, many of whom could be described as being of white European (British) origin, who conveniently choose to ignore the fact that Worlwide Terrorism is being carried out by a diverse, international group of jehadist, whose one common thread, or connection, is their allegiance to a specific religious ideology, an ideology that is punative, repressive and misogynistic. The attack in Nairobi, and the slaughter of innocent Christians in Pakistan tells me all I need to know about some of the followers of this religion. If I belonged to a religion that carried out the kind of global terrorism witnessed since 9/11 and which is still ongoing, I would feel compelled to leave it, but then, having said that, isn't the penalty for leaving the "religion of peace" - death?

If there really is a wave of Islamaphobia sweeping the non Muslim world then, in my opinion, they have only themselves to blame.
    Forum Member
    Dunnroamin wrote: »
    You should realise there are a large number of people in this country, many of whom could be described as being of white European (British) origin, who conveniently choose to ignore the fact that Worlwide Terrorism is being carried out by a diverse, international group of jehadist, whose one common thread, or connection, is their allegiance to a specific religious ideology, an ideology that is punative, repressive and misogynistic. The attack in Nairobi, and the slaughter of innocent Christians in Pakistan tells me all I need to know about some of the followers of this religion. If I belonged to a religion that carried out the kind of global terrorism witnessed since 9/11 and which is still ongoing, I would feel compelled to leave it, but then, having said that, isn't the penalty for leaving the "religion of peace" - death?

If there really is a wave of Islamaphobia sweeping the non Muslim world then, in my opinion, they have only themselves to blame.

That's like saying all Catholics are responsible for child abuse and blowing up shopping centres in Warrington. In other words, absolute nonsense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member

So, out of the nearly 2 BILLION Muslims, the few thousand extremists therefore represent Islam as a whole?
    That is some startling logic! Almost the kind of logic I expect from extremists who think the entire western world are war-mongering shit heads.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Not sure what this has to do with politics. And there is already a thread on this in general discussion

I'm thinking it's just another "send them all home" thread using the terrible events in Kenya as the hook.
  • AshbourneAshbourne Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too. I'd have a hard time following a prophet who killed anyway...
    Forum Member
    Ashbourne wrote: »
    Me too. I'd have a hard time following a prophet who killed anyway...

Well, that rules out Judaism and Christianity as well.
  • AshbourneAshbourne Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that rules out Judaism and Christianity as well.

Who did Jesus kill?
    Forum Member
    Ashbourne wrote: »
    Who did Jesus kill?

Jesus isn't a prophet