Thanks a lot, Digital Spy :@!

13»

Comments

• wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should everyone avoid DS like the plague when something like this is on TV?

The point is though that all the other websites do it and its therefore up to a person wanting to avoid the result to avoid going on websites likely to give the result.

If they want to use digital spy, fine, but if a result is then public knowledge, they can't expect digital spy to not report it.
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes!

And with respect, I dont expect to be shot down for giving an opinion on here.

I'm aware of how DS works thank you. As you know I've been here long enough.

Just because DS do it, dont mean its right does it?

I'm not asking them to NOT name any winners of reality tv shows...I'm just asking that perhaps they could just not name them in the flash banner.

And yes, I could stay away from DS for the whole evening, but why should I?

Don't make it right, but it doesn't make it wrong either. (In my opinion it isn't wrong, and in my opinion it is right.)

Its entirely up to you if you want to use this website or not, but after a result is public knowledge, DS can report the news as they see fit, including having names in a red flashing banner if they want to. If it bothers you so much, you don't need to use the website, its your choice. Its also your choice to moan about it in this forum. Its then my choice and several other peoples choice to respond to this post and say that we disagree with you.

If you know how the digital spy forum and websites work, it is my opinion that people should make choices with regards to that information which won't upset them.
  • thefoxmistressthefoxmistress Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst some spoilers are posted in genuine error/overzealous enthusiasm, it is a sad fact of life that there are some people knocking around who get off on it.

But regardless of motivations or lack thereof, there's a world of difference between someone in need of a forum ASBO posting a spoiler & an [clue train] Entertainment Website [/clue train] announcing the winner of a major entertainment show.

And whilst the "thanks" in this thread title sounds deeply sarcastic; I would like to give my very genuine thanks to DS for culling posts that contain spoilers, especially those with the very obvious intent of ruining peoples viewing pleasure.

DS rocks. DS forums are an add-on to it & it could exist without them. We would all do well to remember this.