Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 2)

Comments

• casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album needs to reach beyond its fanbase and XF viewers to the general public. Whatever position it gets if it does this then its done its job. Just sell the sucker overseas!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes shuana, and not to be a Debbie downer but I don't believe the girls will do as much.

Guess well see.

Cv- true but I don't know. Wings was the worst kept secret, we just weren't paying attention. Lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Remember 1D didn't go to number one with UAN...anything can happen.

1D didn't get a #1 with Gotta Be You either with an XF performance but that was last year, this year they have become so much more popular all over the world and everyone already thinks they are dead cert for #1. We'll have to wait and see how well LM's 2nd single performs.

When is 1D's album out? w/c 11th? So that's the same week as the girls' 2nd single out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes nono.

I don't think it's gonna change.

Edit;

1d is top priority at Sony worldwide. They aren't going to change anything dealing with them.
  • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    So One Direction's album is out a week before Little Mix's? Hmm that really can hurt the girls' chances but we'll see how things turn out to be. As I stated before I don't think Simon will allow his 2 groups to compete agains each other in the chart battle so I don't think we have to be worried yet.

yep JLS first a week later one direction then little mix

The dates all add up now from Little mix second single release and then the album a week later. One direction have confirmed their album date for worldwide release and i cant see that being changed. just have to wait and see number one is not everything one direction never got it last year when they was put up against Rhianna and look how well they are doing now,
    Forum Member
    Yes nono.

I don't think it's gonna change.

Edit;

1d is top priority at Sony worldwide. They aren't going to change anything dealing with them.

Are you not a fan of little mix? Sorry to sound rude you seem to be taking digs at them allot first with questioning record sales etc not sure what to think,

Of course 1d are top priority their doing Amazing,

Me personally i would have preferred Little mix to get a release date either before one direction or at least two week after them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »
    Are you not a fan of little mix? Sorry to sound rude you seem to be taking digs at them allot first with questioning record sales etc not sure what to think,

Of course 1d are top priority their doing Amazing,

Letsjustgo27 has his reality hat on, is all. That's why this isnt an AT.

Yes I noticed that with the dates and its why sometimes I think LM may suffer if they are treated like the little sisters of 1D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand. I am more critical. If you get the feeling otherwise then I apologize.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's only so many weeks in the runup to those holiday sales anyway, so it may have been inevitable no one Syco act would have a clear shot. Its not a zero sum game anyway, right? Nothing would prevent people who like any of the albums from buying the other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A live appearance at The Nightingale Club Sept. 29th
    http://www.nightingaleclub.co.uk/
    (Once again, NOT shown on their website!)

Its so close to a potential preview of the second single. Any chance they might perform it? Other singers do this.
    Forum Member
    I think their website is useless, they seem to copy stuff that's already on Facebook and Twitter anyway so technically there's nothing new on the website. I've noticed that they tend to update fans with the news on twitter a few HOURS before the event starts.

I really hope this time we get a proper high quality snippet of the single and that's it! I don't really like hearing songs live before having heard the proper studio version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I feel like their website is skewed to 14 year old girls and they forget there are actually older fans of both genders.

To paraphrase Kathy Bates in Fried Green Tomatoes:

AND WE HAVE MORE MONEY
    Forum Member
    I think their website is useless, they seem to copy stuff that's already on Facebook and Twitter anyway so technically there's nothing new on the website. I've noticed that they tend to update fans with the news on twitter a few HOURS before the event starts.

I really hope this time we get a proper high quality snippet of the single and that's it! I don't really like hearing songs live before having heard the proper studio version.

On the website they have marked the tour dates down wrong, don't know how they can be in two venues at the same time, :eek:
    Forum Member
    A live appearance at The Nightingale Club Sept. 29th
    http://www.nightingaleclub.co.uk/
    (Once again, NOT shown on their website!)

Its so close to a potential preview of the second single. Any chance they might perform it? Other singers do this.

i think it will be saved for the big gig and teen awards 6th 7th October
    Forum Member
    Ohhhh I have totally forgotten about the teen awards!

These were my guesses of the schedule:
    10/09 -
    17/09 - details/info about the 2nd single
    24/09 -
    01/10 - radio premier / LV
    08/10 -
    15/10 - MV
    22/10 -
    29/10 -
    05/11 -
    12/11 - 2nd single out
    19/11 - album out
    If the Teen Awards is 06/07th Oct then I think my guess of radio premiere on 1st Oct is not far off! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhhh I have totally forgotten about the teen awards!

Not that they have it on their website or anything!

Finally getting around to all those latest video interviews. Their new album should be called, "B.O." Jesy sounds really good here. Its just like the end of their Video Diary Week 7.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've done a little investigation. Didn't Little Mix work with Xenomania? Well there is a song on YouTube which was produced by them for another group but wasn't used called DNA.
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    I've done a little investigation. Didn't Little Mix work with Xenomania? Well there is a song on YouTube which was produced by them for another group bit wasn't used called DNA.

This one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWik2FSfKIs? That sounds TERRIBLE! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWik2FSfKIs? That sounds TERRIBLE! :eek:

I can't load it on my phone but if it's sang by Mania, then that's the track I'm talking about. Well we have to find out who produced it. But I don't think theis going to be like that because I don't find it ballady at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think the timelines mesh. Xenomania was pretty late in the game and I think LM (Jesy) were already tweeting about the "possible second single".

I'm totally ignorant of Xenomania but do they enjoy some sort of cult status in the UK or something? People seem to be more excited about them than any particular artist they have.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    I dont think the timelines mesh. Xenomania was pretty late in the game and I think LM (Jesy) were already tweeting about the "possible second single".

I'm totally ignorant of Xenomania but do they enjoy some sort of cult status in the UK or something? People seem to be more excited about them than any particular artist they have.

They're the closest thing the UK has to Dr Luke or Red One - their signature act was Girls Aloud - they wrote/produced all of their hits which has gained them a pretty strong fanbase as producers, so I guess you could say 'cult'. I think people get excited about them because they're behind some of the best UK singles of recent times, and they rarely produce anything substandard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Xeno is not for me then, because I think that You Bring Me Joy is tuneless.

I wonder if their stuff made the cut on the LM album.
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    I can't load it on my phone but if it's sang by Mania, then that's the track I'm talking about. Well we have to find out who produced it. But I don't think theis going to be like that because I don't find it ballady at all.

Yes that's the one I listened to :). Tbh I don't think it's that song though (and I certainly hope not!), it was produced years ago.

I don't get this buzz about Xenomania, we get that they are popular producers, but take Amelia's YBMJ as an example, it's almost like the audience only recognise the song due to Xenomania's production and it has nothing to do with Amelia being the artist who's actually singing it!

btw I was just reading on Tumblr and found the following:
    The girls will be in live to “Big Gig” in October.

Yesterday, Little Mix made a shooting for the Magazine Bliss.

Yesterday, Castweb organizes auditions for the next clip of Little Mix.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add this one. Morgan did the FIASCO 60's style shoot.
    elliott_morgan

its the @LittleMixOffic music video tomorrow! 5am wake up

So where were any stills from the first video?
    Yesterday, Little Mix made a shooting for the Magazine Bliss.

I love broken English. I have this vision of LM standing around with smoking guns and bodies everywhere.
    Forum Member
    Have we seen this *backstage pic of the girls in the Wings MV?
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma3w9qMETQ1rbrxfjo1_500.jpg
    I never got the chance to see their full outfits in the MV lol.
This discussion has been closed.