trip to the vets this week

Matthew_CunningMatthew_Cunning Posts: 89
Forum Member
Little cat (boo) is booked in for a chest x-ray and broncho-alveolar lavage on Tuesday, she's suffered from a cough on and off for a while and our new vet (wasn't happy with previous vet who basically mis-diagnosed and charged me a fortune for uneccessary drugs) thinks she's asthmatic and might need an aerokat inhaler.

Has anyone had these procedures done? And has anyone used an aerokat? Boo isn't a 'cuddly' cat and doesn't really like being picked up or handled - I'm a bit doubtful about her taking to an inhaler!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's youtube videos of it. Just speak to your vet about your concerns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxbj_CW5wCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chvRhvDgeS8
  • Matthew_CunningMatthew_Cunning Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that, never thought to look on you tube!
    Forum Member
    Well, trip is tomorrow AM and she just started her 12 hours of starvation before the anesthetic - its dinner time and she is sitting where her food should be waiting.....bless her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Good luck for tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    she's safely at the vets and i'm now in that horrible nervous waiting for a phone call stage!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    any news matthew
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's safely at the vets and i'm now in that horrible nervous waiting for a phone call stage!

Hope she's alright?
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    She's back home, had some fluid drained from her lungs which has been sent to the lab for analysis.

X-ray showed some dark areas which are indicative of asthma, there looks like there's maybe a secondary issue (low grade pneumonia possibly) - we'll know more when the results come in.

She's had an antibiotic injection directly into a vein which should last a couple of weeks.

Vet is pretty convinced it is asthma whics can be easily treated and says the (possible) pneumonia would be treated with antibiotics and shouldnt have any lasting effects.

Too say i'm furious with the first vet that saw her is an understatement!
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    The username change is due to me finally getting an acceptable e-mail address btw, no longer logging on via facebook!