Options

How far are soaps filmed a head

dolly doodolly doo Posts: 171
Forum Member
Have far do the likes of Corrie, EE, Emmerdale etc, film a head. Will they have already filmed Christmas episodes?
Sorry if this has been asked before.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think eastenders are filming january at the moment. not sure about the other soaps
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really, it must be weird having Crimbo so early.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Eastenders are filming so far ahead because of the live episode, they need a few weeks rehersals.

They are usual 8 weeks ahead I think.

While the ITV Soaps are usually 6 weeks ahead.

Not sure about Hollyoaks or the Austrlian Soaps.
  • Options
    josh1512josh1512 Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so tonights corrie and emmerdale will have been filmed around the second week of september? but emmerdale films xmas at the start of october.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    EastEnders generally films about 8-10 weeks in advance. If you look here, it normally tells you the transmission date of the episode being filmed. They tend to film a bit further in advance towards the end of the year, in order to account for the increased number of episodes over Christmas, and to make sure that there are enough episodes 'in the can' when the cast go on their Christmas/New Year break.

I think Corrie and Emmerdale film about 6 to 8 weeks in advance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neighbours is filmed 4 months ahead of broadcast in Australia, and these episode are shown 2 months later in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am always wanted to know the above. Thank you to everyone who replied ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the webcam, EastEnders are filming 11 weeks in advance at the moment
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale have just started to film for xmas 2009 whereas Eastenders are well ahead and are now well in to their Jan 2010 filming...Corrie runs similar to E'dale...

If you want you can watch live filming of Emmerdale via two live webcams on this link...u can refresh it through the day and see diff things going on....providing of course they're filming in the village when you look and not int he studious which are several miles away...

http://emmerdalewebcam2.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    lmcd08lmcd08 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think hollyoaks film about 8 weeks ahead
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie is between 4 and 6 weeks ahead, depending on the time of year. Quite a quick turnaround.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    EastEnders originally used to be 6-8 weeks in advance, and now have gone way ahead with their filming, around 10 weeks now. Originally they went so far ahead because of the scheduled HD move but that obviously didn't happen but also because of the live episode. They will be rehearsing for that entire week before the live episode goes out on the Friday night. The episodes aren't filmed in story/scene order. I think the exterior scenes are shot before the interior stuff. At this time of year, they go even further ahead to bank up two weeks off at Christmas and probably work Saturdays during September/October.