UKIP: The First 100 Days

Comments

• lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

I cringed when I saw the details of this programmes before it was broadcast, because I knew it would not end well.

UKIPers are a sensitive & thin skinned bunch at the best of times.

Programmes like this; though I didn't have a problem with it as such, i just knew it would give them the chance to indulge in their second favourite pastime of wallowing in self pity.

Not how you think they are any more thin-skinned that anyone else. Farage has to put up with the Left's Blackshirts quite frequently. Milliband is being very thin-skinned at the moment when his own tax avoidance is pointed out, similarly last year when his father's lack of patriotism was in the papers.
  • Fixit AgainFixit Again Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Not how you think they are any more thin-skinned that anyone else. Farage has to put up with the Left's Blackshirts quite frequently. Milliband is being very thin-skinned at the moment when his own tax avoidance is pointed out, similarly last year when his father's lack of patriotism was in the papers.

I had to laugh at an Ed balls interview re the Receiptgate scandal, he stated that since becoming a member of Parliament he now always gets a receipt. MP expense claims FTW! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    :D

I cringed when I saw the details of this programmes before it was broadcast, because I knew it would not end well.

UKIPers are a sensitive & thin skinned bunch at the best of times.

Programmes like this; though I didn't have a problem with it as such, i just knew it would give them the chance to indulge in their second favourite pastime of wallowing in self pity.

I find this odd, as they're always the ones going on about how political correctness has gone mad and it's okay to be un-PC, Yet, whenever anyone lack political correctness towards them, they go mental...
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to laugh at an Ed balls interview re the Receiptgate scandal, he stated that since becoming a member of Parliament he now always gets a receipt. MP expense claims FTW! :D

He was lying.

Both he and his wife have each claimed thousands of pounds in household expenses with no receipts. They claimed house cleaning for their 2 constuencies houses, gardening and domestic repairs over at least 5 years without a single receipt. Photocopies of 60 monthly claims are in the press today. Their window cleaner said today he has never been asked for a receipt.

These domestic costs were all charged to the taxpayer even though Ed Balls repeatedly filled out his expenses forms with incorrect figures and additions, an alarming quality for our next Chancellor. 10 other members of Labour's front bench claimed as much or more all without receipts.

I would ask why we pay to clean MPs' homes. In the private sector you would be taxed on this at the upper rate and prosecuted for fraud for substantial expenses that are unreceipted. .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    The clips they edited of actual TV footage with the public commenting on various issues...would they have to have got some sort of permission from them to use that to edit it to seem as if that person was talking about UKIP rather than the riots etc?

I would have thought they would have been actors. Misusing interviews with members of the public could open them to legal action and they have enough problems with all the complaints receive by OFCOM.
    You can complain to Ofcom here, should you be so inclined.

You can sure of one thing in the unlikely event of a UKIP government, there would be a few people at Channel 4 looking for new jobs which might not be a bad thing!
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous statement, equivalent to saying that supporters of the Communist party will vote for Labour so Labour is an evil totalitarian party.

It's not a ridiculous statement. EDL will vote UKIP - and why? Because of their policies. UKIP are basically the EDL in a suit. If you're voting UKIP, you're essentially admitting that you are a racist.
  • Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a ridiculous statement. EDL will vote UKIP - and why? Because of their policies. UKIP are basically the EDL in a suit. If you're voting UKIP, you're essentially admitting that you are a racist.

Congratulations! I'm surprised it took this long but we finally got there. You must be proud.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! I'm surprised it took this long but we finally got there. You must be proud.

I'm not proud of any vocal minority encouraging hate to those who are not pure-bred Brits.

It makes me sick that we have sections of society that encourage and support this.
  • icestation2icestation2 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    Channel 4 goes all fascist.

Just idea of a national television station targeting a political party is dangerous. Slippery slope.
  • Tony_BrooksTony_Brooks Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Labour - the first 100 days

Conservative - the last 4 years

Liberal - Repeat of a Dad's Army episode

SNP Coalition Govt - two short stories
  • TheDevil666TheDevil666 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

UKIP are a multi-cultural party, my dear.

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9335045.ece/alternates/w620/web-farage-pa.jpg

And which policies are you referring to, specifically?
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching this on catch up. Very funny. I'm not a UKipper, and I like people with brown skin and "funny" accents.
    Some of my family are UKippers, they want they same things as me they just have different ideas about how to go about it. I want everyone to live together in peace and harmony. I think it's about treating people the same and everything being fair. Others may disagree. I think the unrest could be likely if UKip got into power as their views are so controversial.
    I can be angry about mistreatment of immigrants, but I'm not sure anyone can be that angry about wind farms.
  • Callum_Preciou2Callum_Preciou2 Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Last night on Channel 4. A real documentary about the first 100 days of UKIP and its future.
  • Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night on Channel 4. A real documentary about the first 100 days of UKIP and its future.

There are already two threads about this. One in TV Shows: UK and one in Politics. Join us there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I presume you have many contacts in the EDL to be able to write that? Or can you quote some evidence except that you don't like UKIP.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 4 goes all fascist.

Just idea of a national television station targeting a political party is dangerous. Slippery slope.

Not a good day for them with them being censured by OFCOM over a misleading report (I think I would use a stringer word than 'misleading').
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you'd rather see the likes of Adnan Choudary stand for election rather than Boris Johnson because he's truly British by birth?

Yes. As a British person he's quite entitled to represent people if enough vote for him.
    This is one reason why UKIP would be such a dangerous thing if ever they achieved power. I think we both agree that Britain should remain "British", it's just how we define what it is to be British that's at odds.

To be fair, it isn't that complicated.

"Where were you born?"

Couldn't be any simpler.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKIP are a multi-cultural party, my dear.

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9335045.ece/alternates/w620/web-farage-pa.jpg

And which policies are you referring to, specifically?

Nigel: "Look at me everyone, I've got black friends and eat Chinese food. How could I possibly be a racist?!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presume you have many contacts in the EDL to be able to write that? Or can you quote some evidence except that you don't like UKIP.

Tell me who else stands up for their views. Providing they can spell the "X" required in the voting form - the only party that is remotely close to what they want is UKIP.
  • itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Five years ago people were worried about the BNP (no relation to UKIP, just an example) following their EU wins, look at them now.

Let us see what happens in the general election, I will be voting for UKIP, I am normally a Tory, and if they do well we might see a few seats for them. If they don't do well by 2020 they may be in the same state as the BNP and LD.

At the same time other parties such as the Greens seem to manage to survive with the levels they have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell me who else stands up for their views. Providing they can spell the "X" required in the voting form - the only party that is remotely close to what they want is UKIP.

You don't spell single letters.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I would have thought they would have been actors. Misusing interviews with members of the public could open them to legal action and they have enough problems with all the complaints receive by OFCOM.
    !

I dunno. One of the interview clips last night was definitely taken from someone talking about the riots, I remember it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geoff_Mack wrote: »
    You don't spell single letters.

The EDL certainly can't, you're right. Morons. Every single one of them.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't UKIP just BNP light?

Anyone remember its last manifesto that its leader at the time hadn't bothered to read? :D
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't UKIP just BNP light?

Anyone remember its last manifesto that its leader at the time hadn't bothered to read? :D

No they aren't, next cliche...