Options

Lucy should never have died in the first place

fawltytowers93fawltytowers93 Posts: 1,872
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It was not worth it. Not in the slightest.

The Beale family are ruined now.
Lucy is dead. Peter leaves shortly.

So all we have is Ian, Jane, the psycho kid, and Cindy and her baby.

They'll never be a close-knit family ever again now that Bobby has killed Lucy.

The character of Lucy was an integral part of the show. She should never have died.

Comments

• Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well...She did. So there we are.

The whole point was that it would change the family forever. Change is integral to soaps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    It should have been Peter that got killed off.
  • Options
    summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the old actress that played her much better Melissa ,so much like Cindy
    The new lucy was never 'lucy' to me anyway. She would have been better off playing Ronnies daughter or something or a new character , I think she looks like a Mitchell.

anyway Kathys is back, and maybe Ian's older son will return at some point.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    LightMeUp wrote: »
    Well...She did. So there we are.

The whole point was that it would change the family forever. Change is integral to soaps.

That was the point, yes. But I don't think DTC knew that Peter would be leaving. There's not really a Beale family now. :D
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a real shame Peter is leaving. They could bring Steven back?
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    That was the point, yes. But I don't think DTC knew that Peter would be leaving. There's not really a Beale family now. :D

Yeah to be fair that is really bad luck. Maybe Peter leaving could be part of the change :D

Oh dear.
  • Options
    daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time in years i have watched EE. Lucy is bang tidy stupid to have her murdered
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I liked the old actress that played her much better Melissa ,so much like Cindy
    The new lucy was never 'lucy' to me anyway. She would have been better off playing Ronnies daughter or something or a new character , I think she looks like a Mitchell.

anyway Kathys is back, and maybe Ian's older son will return at some point.

I get the feeling if Lucy had still been played by Melissa, then she wouldn't have been killed off.
    More cock ups from Kirkwood's era.
  • Options
    PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    It is a real shame Peter is leaving. They could bring Steven back?

Or they could recast again - see if they get it into double figures. Ben Hardy has only been there 5 minutes anyway, no one will notice.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kathy coming back will add to the Beale unit, I think Cindy will have more of an integral role in the family now and act as a surrogate daughter to Ian
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously would completely be fine with somehow Lucy being alive, seeing her again makes me realize what they could do with her character and Hetti Bywater is a great actress, she's much improved.

Her scene with Jane was very emotional
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    I get the feeling if Lucy had still been played by Melissa, then she wouldn't have been killed off.
    More cock ups from Kirkwood's era.

I agree. Melissa was fantastic playing Lucy.
  • Options
    Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    I agree. Melissa was fantastic playing Lucy.

But gave no vulnerability to the role like Hetti Bywater has.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    I preferred Hetti, and its such a shame she is gone, but with Kathy coming back and they will prob bring steven back too now Peter is going so plenty more drama for the Beales
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry she will back in 10 years time for the 40th having faked her own death :p
  • Options
    Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think CIndy's role always was to replace Lucy in the family unit.
  • Options
    LilyBLilyB Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Whilst killing off Lucy has made for an exciting week I've always felt it will be a decision other producers down the line will bitterly regret. The potential of Lucy was huge. She could easily have become an iconic character and contributed to strongly to Eastenders for the next decade.

Of course if a future producer does feel DTC got it wrong, He/She can always bring her back from the dead ;-)
  • Options
    BakervichBakervich Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing Lucy again last night made me see how much potential she had.
    Hetti was given so little to do and when she was given the chance it was too late.
    Shame.
    But this week has been amazing!
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beales have not been a close nit family for years
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy's dead, Bobby is no doubt going to end up in a detention centre and Peter is leaving which means Ian has no kids left which is a huge shame. It does feel like the end of an era as for 25 years we've watched Ian raise a family and now he'll be childless. Cindy might be a member of the family being Peters half-sister but she's not a Beale and her and Ian don't have that father-daughter relationship. At least he has his lovely mum Kathy coming home soon though so he'll have her support when his evil wife is locked up.
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame because just before Lucy died she did become a great character, I think DTC could have used her a lot more but I guess the death wouldn't be sad if she didn't have that potential.

A death isn't sad when characters have nothing more to give.
  • Options
    hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    They needed a big story for the 30th and this was it.
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    Seriously would completely be fine with somehow Lucy being alive, seeing her again makes me realize what they could do with her character and Hetti Bywater is a great actress, she's much improved.

Her scene with Jane was very emotional

Lololol, probably the worst I've seen on the programme.
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why's Peter (or the actor) leaving?