Do any of you buy kinky toys?

Comments

• Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    To digress slightly, it always amazes me what poor-quality tat is sold by outfits like Anne Summers.

Missus goes to the parties once in a while and it's all plastic handcuffs for £15 and sexy-nurse outfits for £45 when, if you really wanted to get into that stuff, you could get much better quality or much better prices by shopping on-line.

She once bought a "corset" from an Anne Summers party with the idea that it'd work as part of a fancy-dress costume.
    Cost £60-odd and turned out to be flimsy, fragile, tat which fell to bits the first time she tried it on.
    Got on Etsy and found "proper", high-quality, corsets available for around £50.

One of my ex's bought some pink suspenders from Ann Summers, but when she put them on they made her legs look like mushrooms because her legs bulged slightly out of the top of the elastic bit. I tried to convince her it was not an issue, but she was mortified and no action was had that night. Not sure I can claim that was Ann Summers fault though if I'm honest.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nor did I until 10 seconds ago. Google will solve that mystery for you, although it's a pretty weird invention (the fleshlight, not Google).

Ok yea I googled. How is that at all sexy? And where's the light? I assumed it was some kind of sex torch... Not that I see how a sex torch would be in any way useful.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok yea I googled. How is that at all sexy? And where's the light? I assumed it was some kind of sex torch... Not that I see how a sex torch would be in any way useful.

It's not meant to be sexy I don't think any guy would buy a sex toy to use or be used on them that looked sexy. It's meant to be discreet and not look like a sex toy. All that matters is how it feels and if you don't have a partner around at the time it is better than your hand. A partner can use it on you as well but it can make their arm hurt after a while as it is heavy. Mine is hidden away because I wouldn't like for someone to be hunting for a torch in an emergency and end up opening it up for a surprise.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I assumed it was some kind of sex torch... Not that I see how a sex torch would be in any way useful.

A "sex torch"? :confused:

What, exactly, would that involve and how would it be different to a regular torch? :confused:
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its a bit silly and could never take it seriously if you know in what sense I mean. Perhaps I am old fashioned.

Well it's really not meant to be taken seriously, rather it's a bit of fun! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What, exactly, would that involve and how would it be different to a regular torch? :confused:

The fleshlight looks like a big industrial torch a builder would use. I think the fact it has light in it made the poster think it actually was a light.

Maybe somebody should pitch a torch for sex in the dark on Dragon's Den and make a fortune. It might be useful for the posters here from the dogging thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And if you do leave a dildo to air dry on a ledge, you get funny looks from the window cleaner when he knocks for his money. :blush:

Is that a warning from experience Scuffedwalls? It could be worse at least you weren't using it at the time.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    Surely most adults have bought sex toys? They're so widely available these days, you can even buy them on Amazon. I've never bought any from a party, and nor would I.
    I get mine from Amazon, never been to a party though, I would imagine they are a hoot, girls do love to laugh about most things sex-related :D
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I get mine from Amazon, never been to a party though, I would imagine they are a hoot, girls do love to laugh about most things sex-related :D

Not really. I've been to afew and never really enjoyed them, afterall the Ann Summers representative is there to make money so any activities they do is designed specifically to increase sales. At the ones I've been to the representative did bingo where you can "win" things but had to pay £5 to do it and when you got house you rather than say house you had to fake orgasm, how is that fun? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Not really. I've been to afew and never really enjoyed them, afterall the Ann Summers representative is there to make money so any activities they do is designed specifically to increase sales. At the ones I've been to the representative did bingo where you can "win" things but had to pay £5 to do it and when you got house you rather than say house you had to fake orgasm, how is that fun? :confused:

Agree. Never been to one for obvious reasons, but they sound a bit lame. It might be a bit of a giggle to buy your man a fluffy elephant thong for his dick, but much better quality goods can be found online. Same for those cos play outfits someone else mentioned. If you have fantasies about your partner dressing up as a Dominatrix, a crappy bit of tat isn't going to get the juices flowing. Sex is a serious business people. Get over the titters! :D
  • doe_a_deerdoe_a_deer Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typically British response! Pleasuring yourself is never silly. It's all about getting in the right headspace.

What are you talking about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree. Never been to one for obvious reasons, but they sound a bit lame. It might be a bit of a giggle to buy your man a fluffy elephant thong for his dick, but much better quality goods can be found online. Same for those cos play outfits someone else mentioned. If you have fantasies about your partner dressing up as a Dominatrix, a crappy bit of tat isn't going to get the juices flowing. Sex is a serious business people. Get over the titters! :D

It probably didn't help that the party I attended was with a group of girls I hardly knew (well one I knew quite well) and so it just felt awkward rather than fun. We were shown all the toys available to buy. I'm no prude, I enjoy sex and have a wide range of toys but this was not fun at all. Wouldn't go to one again, much prefer perusing better quality items online.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    It probably didn't help that the party I attended was with a group of girls I hardly knew (well one I knew quite well) and so it just felt awkward rather than fun. We were shown all the toys available to buy. I'm no prude, I enjoy sex and have a wide range of toys but this was not fun at all. Wouldn't go to one again, much prefer perusing better quality items online.

What's your favourite?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    What's your favourite?

Sex toy website?

I've ordered quite abit from Bondara. I find their range quite extensive, good quality and decent price. I have also ordered from sextoys.com (I think it was called) and Lovehoney once or twice but I'd say Bondara is my favourite.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    You're a pro then. Which toy do you use the most?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, choosing sex toys is more of an intimate shopping experience I think - something to be done alone or with your partner. That's how I feel anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    You're a pro then. Which toy do you use the most?

Lol well I wouldn't say "pro" but I know my sex toys!
    Yes, choosing sex toys is more of an intimate shopping experience I think - something to be done alone or with your partner. That's how I feel anyway.

I agree, when I buy any im either on my own (and it's a surprise) or the fella is there assisting me :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lol... Well I don't know really... Maybe you use it for looking inside people? That's a thing right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol... Well I don't know really... Maybe you use it for looking inside people? That's a thing right?

I've never used a Fleshlight. But I think it's a play on words. Flashlight/Fleshlight. They look like a chunky industrial flashlight (Americanism?) torch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never used a Fleshlight. But I think it's a play on words. Flashlight/Fleshlight. They look like a chunky industrial flashlight (Americanism?) torch.

Yea I think that's what threw me, plus I had never seen one before, and so without really thinking what it might be used for I just assumed it was a sex torch... Haha.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typically British response! Pleasuring yourself is never silly. It's all about getting in the right headspace.
    Would this be the typical Britain where almost every survey carried out in the last five years or so has has had over 50% of people admitting to owning and using one or more sex toy?

I'll admit that these surveys are probably not carried out exclusively among pensioners and therefore the results may be skewed somewhat, but an assumption that the British don't enjoy sex in all it's wondrous variations is ridiculously out of date.

I'm sure the likes of Ann Summers, Lovehoney, Bondage Boutique, Bondara, Sextoys, Bedroom Pleasures, Xanadu and all would agree.

Now if only someone would sell cheap, not custom made, secure non-kid attracting storage in a large enough size to house a non ridiculously huge collection...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i do own a fleshlight but hardly use it, it started to chafe

Err, you do know that you put lube in it Billy? Or at least lube up your cock. I hope you're not using it dry!
  • crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    I'm quite open, sexually... But I have no ****ing idea what a fleshlight is???

Think the shape of a flashlight (torch) but the light bit at the end has a lady part.

That's probably the most smut free explanation I can do.

EDIT: Realised I was a page behind - sorry for my premature response.
    . *snigger* premature
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Would this be the typical Britain where almost every survey carried out in the last five years or so has has had over 50% of people admitting to owning and using one or more sex toy?

I'll admit that these surveys are probably not carried out exclusively among pensioners and therefore the results may be skewed somewhat, but an assumption that the British don't enjoy sex in all it's wondrous variations is ridiculously out of date.

I'm sure the likes of Ann Summers, Lovehoney, Bondage Boutique, Bondara, Sextoys, Bedroom Pleasures, Xanadu and all would agree.

Now if only someone would sell cheap, not custom made, secure non-kid attracting storage in a large enough size to house a non ridiculously huge collection...

Well my comment was partly tongue in cheek - and, of course, a generalization. But whenever the talk turns to sex in an informative way there are always the "sex is silly, talking about sex is silly" comments. They are just attempts to shutdown conversation because of embarrassment in my opinion.

I have a huge collection too! No inquisitive kids though! A large plastic box from Staples that fits under the bed suffices. :)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who'd want one of these though ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/worlds-first-camera-vibrator-dubbed-5258331
    The world's first camera vibrator has been launched allowing users to film a woman's orgasm...from the inside.

The Svakom Gaga Camera Vibrator has been dubbed the 'X-rated Selfie Stick' because it captures what happens inside the female body during an orgasm.

It means users can make the ultimate DIY home movies where every second of the action is caught on film.

Its popularity has been likened to the new craze for selfie sticks, which enable mobile phone users to take self-portraits from beyond the normal range of the arm.

The vibrator has an HD camera on its tip and all recordings can be uploaded straight to a PC or smart phone via FaceTime.

That'd be an interesting video to watch I don't doubt :)