Options

The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi all, just back from playing with friends kids in the snow in the park and my back garden!

Weird final, i think we all had high expectations from such fab dancers and then there were mistakes, the show dances too soon, and not getting to see Pamela's AT, weird - we have seen the 3rd couple's show dance before after they have been kicked out - Zoe, Lisa, Julian and others? I think there were mistakes as they had too much to learn - a new dance and the show dance - they have never done that before, and poor Kara to have injured herself, she did look in pain! Running on adrenaline i guess?

Anyway, its over now (bar the Xmas special)...

Weird. I guess i will start watching it back again.

PS, my mates and i were so disappointed at the show dances we started wishing it had been Anton & A in the final - for sheer entertainment.... (runs away hiding!!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all, hope everyone is well and managing to cope with the freezing weather.
    Just needed to rescue us from page 3.

There are a lot of manic posters on here since Saturday night.

Have to walk Flossy soon, will need to put the headcollar on her as it is so treacherous out there and she gets over excited in the snow.

Still being optimistic about getting to dance lesson on Friday, will wait and see really but the Met Office forecast was cautiously optimistic for later this week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning its very cold here but not snowing for the time being.I found us on page two so am rescuing us. I have to go into town today for final Christmas Shopping oh joy oh rapture. Hopefully OH will be coming for me on Thursday to go to his for Christmas.

EJ hope you managed walk with Floss ok?

Hope everyone is getting sorted for Christmas and has a wonderful time when it comes and doesnt get snowed in!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star I did manage Flossy yesterday, I didnt use the headcollar though which was a mistake.really as she was getting very excited. She pulls a lot when she is excited.

Have to try to get to a shop this week. We have enough veg etc to manage at a pinch but I would like to get some fresh.

Double Glazing man has been and fixed the draughty door, well at least I hope it is fixed, will find out eventually.

We havent yet had any more snow but the stuff which is here from Saturday is not moving at all. There are some huge icicles hanging from the trees and the plant pots.

I dont think the council are making any attempt to clear the roads now, I know the salt doesnt work below about -9 but it isnt that cold in the daytime so they could get into gear and earn their pay. OH walked to work this morning. He rang to say he was there safely it took him about half hour which isnt bad.
  • Options
    The Lady BozThe Lady Boz Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's me :D:D:D Her of the cheesey grins!

I haven't forgotten you all, life seems to get in the way of getting on here.

Star, there will be a letter in the post very soon and I hope you have and everyone else too, a very magical Christmas.

Love and huge hugs from Boz Towers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Lady B. Hope you are well and hope you have a great Christmas.

Been out for a walk with Flossy dog. Did put her on the headcollar and although she hates it it makes so much of a difference to our progress.
    The snow hasnt moved at all, the main roads are running better than yesterday and I saw a bus :D

Might venture in to town tomorrow if it all stays the same can get the stuff I want for Saturday from Waitrose I guess.

Still got my fingers crossed for getting to lesson on Friday. The trains from here to London are running ok mostly except for some delays around Manchester and Birmingham the area aptly named Snow Hill. The Hayes line out of London is reporting a good service today so hope that keeps up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to get my Skype working properly yesterday and made a video call to Canada. It was interesting to be able to talk and see and when we got the connection son was really pleased and said 'yeah, yeah'and punched the air.

I am catching up with technology slowly.:o
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Tried to get into a car park yesterday on my way back from my brother's to do some Christmas shopping and couldn't get in, so I gave up and came home again as I wasn't feeling very well anyway.

I think I'll have to find a 24 hour supermarket and do my shopping in the middle of the night again! At least I can get into the car park then!!

No snow for a couple of days and it's beginning to melt slightly during the day. At least the council have now gritted the pavements on the main road although they are ignoring the side roads.

I hope all the Strictly pros, celebs and judges have managed to get away if they were going away for Christmas. I did read that Ola's parents can't come to join them for Christmas which must be sad. Presumably they were coming from Poland. I hope if any of the Pros are stuck in London they can all get together and have a joint Christmas and not have to spend it on their own. I can't remember it being this bad before but I think the main reason is the airports being shut. Back when I was young, people didn't fly off for Christmas, they caught trains or stayed at home lol.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What joy!!!! It is snowing again!!!!

Thought we might have got away with it but no such luck.

Still hopeful of having dance lesson on Friday as forecast promises dry and sunny but cold for Thursday and Friday.

OH has volunteered to walk to the shops with me tomorrow. I dont need much for the weekend but just milk and veg and perhaps a few eggs and a loaf of bread. I must start to defrost the turkey tomorrow and the ham, I just cant seem to get my head around what I need to do and when to do it.

Please pleaase stop snowing!!!!
  • Options
    bluebluecowbluebluecow Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    had a bit of snow today.Knee getting better, still sore at times. New puppy is settling in very nicely
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is cold here but not snowing as yet and hope it stays that way. I have to go and sign on soon, arranged again to go early cos dont want to go in dark at my normal time late afternoon. Then shopping for mum and seeing her this afternoon. Havent seen her for weeks cos of being ill.

EJ has it stopped snowing yet. The head collar for floss does it make the lead shorter or just help restrain her?

Lady B was that really you was thinking about you this morning. I look forward to your letter though I managed to get a parcel from Australia today and seem unable to get my christmas orders from England!!

BBC glad knee is improving, what kind of puppy is it?

FT hope you are feeling a bit better now. I was in town yesterday and it was manic, prob not as bad as at could have been but still v busy. Finally managed to get my calendar for next year before next year lol!! And my favourite chocolate gingerbread from the German Christmas Market.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh dear, am i a bad person? Was hoping for more snow to get snowed up and not have to go to OH's mum's for xmas... He did get his flight so looks like its back to plan A.

Couldn't even go sledging as its gone all slushy.

FT all the council's grit is on my pavements its about as deep in grit as it was in snow!!!
    And Tesco hoover buidling was empty this morning!

If OH and I decide to go shopping tomorrow however I am going to insist we go by train! We only really need 2-3 more things, and they could wait until after xmas. Main problem is he has nothing for his mum.

Have really enjoyed last few days off work - even though i did some remote access, not looking forward to the rest of the week....

Roll on 7pm on 25th

Byeee
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was planning to go to that Tesco's during the night as it's a 24 hour one but if it's not too full in the day time, I might try tomorrow - thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all. Can you believe this is day 26 of there being snow(constantly) here in north lincs. And for most of that it has not got to freezing point let one above it. More snow today oh joy!

Got dd back from uni

Dd ds ma pa and I went to our dance schools Christmas social dance last night which was fun. Nice but slightly infuriating that dd ( with no ballroom or Latin training) can be led round the dance floor by ds in a very convincing waltz cha cha jive samba and social ft. She instinctively used toes and heals correctly and rise and fall and sway.

Finishing work at lunch tomorrow. Then off for lunch with colleagues then the joy of tesco.

Hopefully will have a nice relaxing day on fri with dd and ds

Hope you keep safe EJ when walking dog and that you get to your lesson on fri, but don't take any risks to get there

Hope you all get to be with those you want to on Christmas day and for those who wish to be snowed in to avoid the relatives hope you get the snow lol, actualy I could post you some if you want
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is far too early for me to be up but I promised to do a shift at Oxfam so here I am. OH is coming later to take me back to his for Christmas. Cant wait. Hope you all have a great Christmas and dont get too much snow its really tiresome after a while, though it can be beautiful too. I went for a walk with my mum yesterday through a local park and it was beautiful all covered in white.

EJ how soon is the baby due now? Hope you get your lesson but as Georgi says dont take any risks.

TVA theres still time lol!!

Georgi I thought DD was trained in those things, but you must be proud anyway of both of them. Have fun.

The river is starting to freeze that tells you how cold it is here!!:D
  • Options
    bluebluecowbluebluecow Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    morning all. Having brak from kids, dh has taken them to see a santa in tthe town.

Puppy, called perry, is a westie/yorkie/jack russel cross. Very dinky full of energy but great with the kids, great at being by himself too, he is in the kitchen while dh is out, so I dont have to deal with accidents and no whimpering whining, settles straight away at night time to, so very pleased, just the toilet training lol, been lettingg him in the garden to get him used to irt, but think its too cold.He likes snow on ground, but when it was snowing yestreday he hated it outside lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all, we have been and done the rest of the shopping. Taking OH and his car meant that we got loads more than we really needed. He puts things in the trolley that he likes not really what we needed. If we had walked to the nearest shops and had to walk back with bags we would have just stuck to the list. Still it is Christmas so will let him off.

Flossy is funny, we gave her a chewy thing to keep her amused while we were out but when we got back she hadnt eaten it, when she had welcomed us back she picked up her chewy and went and ate it. Must have been saving it in case we had abandoned her.

I have checked the rail and bus things and if I was going today I would have no problems at all, so I hope it carries on like this for tomorrow. The Met Office forecast for here and Beckenham are pretty good considering. Central and south east london have sunny spells for tomorrow.

I think I ought to be able to manage to get to lesson tomorrow my only worry is that it is earlier than usual and any delays could mess it up for me. I have a built in down time to my schedule just in case, usually I am there in time to get a hot drink from the bar and read a bit of my book. any delays are usually ok for my normal lesson time. Tomorrow I will not have any emergency time with the lessons being an hour earlier. fingers crossed.

Star the baby is due in the new year, not sure of the exact date. Last time I saw DiL she was looking like she only had short time to go though it ws still high up, hadnt dropped so she porbably will go to her time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star dd is trained in ballet, tap , modern, stage dance, musical theatre and contemporary dance she has also done national , character, Greek, and some street dance but never any ballroom or Latin. But due to her training of 16 1/2 years can pick choreography up quick and style from observing others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shopping all done.
    Work finished

Mince pies etc to cook and last few pressies to wrap but so tired now think I will do them tomorrow with dd and ds
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have been to M&S and Tesco's today and finally got everything I need plus all presents so I'm feeling quite pleased with myself now. I can relax a bit tomorrow ready for the mania of Saturday. It's so silly when you think about it - it's only one day and a lot of the shops will be open on Boxing Day anyway. And round here, there will be small Asian shops open on Christmas Day too!

Had a slight panic yesterday as GSP went out at 10.00am and didn't come back until some time very late in the evening. He now has a collar and tag on as of this morning and was fine today but I went out this afternoon and when I came back he had gone out again. It's a bit cold for pussy cats outside at the moment. I have had a look round but can't see him anywhere - hopefully he'll come back again later tonight. I just hope that HRH isn't chasing him out every time I'm not around. Might have to separate them when I go out in future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ack from dance lessons. Got there with time to spare as the train company removed the off peak restrictions today so I was able to get an earlier train.

Good lesson, we spent lot of time working on the rather strange timing in the Gold Bar Foxtrot and I was told that if I could remember the timing then I would remember the steps. I had to call the timing and we danced to it. I did get it right and I can see that I did the steps automatically once I knew the timing. Quickstep was a bit more challenging simply because of the 'quick' element. We also did some new Rumba for the gold Latin, some of the steps are really going to be a challenge. Finished with the Jive, I love the jive, and I can still do it to the music even though it has been a long time since we did it.

One of the other teachers gave me a lift back into the station so I got back home in good time.

Hope everyone has a really good christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you got there and back safely EJ

Have spent the afternoon in the kitchien with Dd and Ds. 30 mince pies. 6 dozen biscuits, two dozen fairy cakes . Chocolate brownies and chocolate covered crystallised ginger all done and ready. Not cooking Christmas dinner till Sunday as at parents with BBC ( sis) tomorrow. Presents wraped and in Santa sacks. Stockings filled ready for morning. Just had nice bath. All left to do is to help Dd dye her hair and then to go to church later.
  • Options
    talia11talia11 Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Everyone seems very well organised and ready for the big day. I have had a very nasty bug and have not been out for over a week. OH has had to do the last minute shopping which I usually do running around like a headless chicken. Just been making the soup which is our contribution to the Christmas meal which we are having at my son and DIL's. Hope there is some left when we arrive as he stays 45 mins away along a twisty road!

Snow has been lying here for 2 weeks now. Hope we don't get any more tomorrow so we can get to sons.

EJ Glad you had a good lesson. You seemed to have less travel problems than usual.

Star hope you got to OH's ok. As you say the snow can be tiresome when it stops you getting where you want to go! FT hope GSP is back ok.
    Georgi All that baking sounds great. You are so organised. I still have presents to wrap.
    Better go and do that now. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Popping in to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and I hope you all manage to get to wherever you're going. I still have presents to wrap and then go and collect my brother. Another friend is driving over and probably staying the night (so is my brother) so she doesn't have to worry about getting home later. She can drive back home tomorrow. I thought I was going to have a couple more but they managed to get a flight to the USA yesterday without any problems.

GSP is back and quite happy in his warm bed. HRH is doing her usual whizzing in and out of the cat flap. Hopefully she will quieten down when we sit down to eat!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spent a lot of time this morning talking via Skype and webcam to son in Canada. He was about to go to bed just as we had got up.

this face to face chatting for free is really good.

Now have got turkey cooked, pork is in cooking, veg is peeled everything else is ready to go so we are ok it seems for once. Sure to find out I have forgotten something:D
    Other son and DiL are coming to us around midday, compete with their Labrador, so we will be dodging dogs for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone is having a good christmas at least it is sunny here even though it is cold.