Options

Unintentionally Creepy TV Shows

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
Forum Member
I was watching The Might Boosh on BBC3 just now and they did a pastiche of a old fashioned variety type show, and it suddenly brought back memories of something I saw as a child.

After a quick search I discovered it was called The Good Old Days. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXNziqAyAg8

Does anyone else find this strangely nightmarish? I remember hating it as a child!

Comments

• Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creepy? Well in a way i suppose, not a freaky as Steptoe and Son (or Mini Pops!)
  • Options
    babbababba Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mini Pops was the worst...
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    There were a couple on some of Charlie Brooker's shows.
    Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe - The Junior Christian Science Bible Lesson

Another was a British show and the scene showed was a guy telling the kids/puppets that his Uncle or Mentor had died.
    I can't remember the name though.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    i remember being a kid and i seen this really freaky film or program whatever
    i think it was a BBC drama and it was the end
    and it went something like this

the girl walked into the bedroom and there was dolls all around the room and there was a
    freeakky man in a chair sayiing mama mama mama..............over and over again
    and the girl got murdered by the mans mother but the mother also died aswell i think

i find it really bizarre that its always stuck in my head i musta been like 7 or 8

anyone know of any film or tv theyve seen with that scene init??????????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone old enough to remember "Rubovia", the kids' puppet show from the 1950's? I used to have nightmares about it - the characters were grotesque!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »

the girl walked into the bedroom and there was dolls all around the room and there was a
    and the girl got murdered by the mans mother but the mother also died aswell i think

i find it really bizarre that its always stuck in my head i musta been like 7 or 8

Sounds a bit like "Sapphire and Steel", though I don't remember exactly that scene.
  • Options
    Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    The Hoobs - I have been awoken to this bizarre show in the morning, after leaving channel 4 on through the night, and the voices, the puppets, and the whole thing in general is rather creepy in my opinion :eek:

There's one character in particular, Iver, who makes me want to gauge my own eyeballs out....:mad:
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember being a bit creeped out by "The Singing Ringing Tree" !
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Another was a British show and the scene showed was a guy telling the kids/puppets that his Uncle or Mentor had died.
    I can't remember the name though.

Pipkins ?
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You want creepy, this guy takes the biscuit.

A Canadian kids TV show called 'Just Like Mom' and hosted by the seriously ultra-dodgy Fergie Olver. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWgMbXnsE7o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »

A Canadian kids TV show called 'Just Like Mom' and hosted by the seriously ultra-dodgy Fergie Olver. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWgMbXnsE7o

Good grief. :eek: That is seriously not nice. What a creepy guy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top Gear - there's a seriously ugly and creepy guy on it.
    He's tall, has a wig made from, what looks like, pig's pubic hair, has brown teeth, appalling dress sense and thinks he's very funny and smart.

Ugh, my skin crawls every time I see him.
    I believe he is called Jeremy something or other.
    I think he is supposed to be funny or amusing but really he's just a bloated ego with no discernible talent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    biggebruv wrote: »

That sounds quite intentionally creepy, though!

Does no-one else find The Good Old Days strangely scary? Must be just me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Azagoth wrote: »

What is the hell??? :eek:
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    There's a guy with a clothes show who sounds like Dale Winton. He's always got his hands on women's breasts and getting them to wear weird outfits, and every now and then he says to himself "Wouldn't I like a go on that". How does he get away with it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    God Noseybonk brings back memories!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grand Designs; the end bit when he used to sit with the 'couple' on a dimly lit sofa; always found that creepy!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like cartoons but for some reason I find Anime creepy. That's maybe why I can never get into any of it.
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    BGT all those freaky deluded people, dunno how anyone watches it.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jay Bigz wrote: »
    The Hoobs - I have been awoken to this bizarre show in the morning, after leaving channel 4 on through the night, and the voices, the puppets, and the whole thing in general is rather creepy in my opinion :eek:

There's one character in particular, Iver, who makes me want to gauge my own eyeballs out....:mad:

Yes I always get woken up by The Hoobs when I leave C4 on. So annoying.
  • Options
    Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an episode of The Goodies where Tim was turned into a robot, and walked around saying "Mama. Mama" a lot.
    That freaked the hell out of me as a little kid, for many years.
  • Options
    Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lloyd Webber as well on that Wizard of Oz thing.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I'm liking this thread, it sounds odd but I often like checking out really creepy stuff on YouTube in a bid to shit myself up before I go to bed.

Sounds like I'm being sarcastic, I'm really not. That Christian Bible thing from Screenwipe is a favourite, freaks me out every time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a 90s kids TV show called the Riddlers :( those puppets always gives me the heebies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP3YrT-J_jU

Also I remember watching an episode of the Two Ronnies (not sure if it was one of the xmas specials or not) but they did a sketch called Stop You're Killing Me about dead bodies of yokels and that scared the Sh*te outta me when i was young!!!
    (cant find a link for it on youtube sorry!)