Options

Sky Anytime help

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
Forum Member
I asked Sky a simple question and they managed to answer a different question so..... I will ask here

I have a 160gb Sky+ box, so 80gb for Anytime recordings. I wanted to know if I where to upgrade to a 500gb box would I receive MORE (i.e wider selection) Anytime programmes or would I just keep the programmes for longer (before auto-delete), does that make sense?

Comments

• Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the answer to that is no Anytime TV is a push VOD service to get the full anytime service you will need Anytime+ and you need to be a Sky Broadband Costemer also
  • Options
    davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you mean the 500GB Sky+HD box then it depends whether you take the HD sub or not. Without the HD sub you will get the SD Anytime downloads (the same ones you get now) which will probably stay on the box a lot longer until the space is required for new downloads - this is not certain yet as this swap to the HD boxes without the HD sub downloading the SD content instead of HD content has only occured with the latest software update in the last week or two. If you take the HD sub then content will be mostly from the HD channels and will be a similar total amount of time to your present Sky+ box.

Anytime+ is what the poster above is referring to and is the on demand download service with Sky broadband.