Daily Mail witchhunt of Will. I.A.M: racism or xenophobia?

BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Literally every time I see a story about Will. I.A.M and The Voice on the Daily Mail site, they are basically trying to brand him as some sort of egotistical, violent monster. It started months ago, when they tried to frame him as being "aggresive" in his dealings with Jessie J, and it's pretty much been non-stop ever since.

The Daily Mail's position on him seems to be at odds with the general public, who find him quite likable and chilled out.

So what exactly is the reason for the DM's anti-Will.I.A.M policy. Is it because he's black, or because he's American? Or some combination of both?

Because they are coming across really desperate to turn him into a hate figure, and not even their readers seem to be buying it.

Comments

• ishinaishina Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Fail will say anything to get traffic.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boxfresh wrote: »
    Literally every time I see a story about Will. I.A.M and The Voice on the Daily Mail site, they are basically trying to brand him as some sort of egotistical, violent monster. It started months ago, when they tried to frame him as being "aggresive" in his dealings with Jessie J, and it's pretty much been non-stop ever since.

The Daily Mail's position on him seems to be at odds with the general public, who find him quite likable and chilled out.

So what exactly is the reason for the DM's anti-Will.I.A.M policy. Is it because he's black, or because he's American? Or some combination of both?

Because they are coming across really desperate to turn him into a hate figure, and not even their readers seem to be buying it.

At one point in the past, they called Alesha Dixon a chocolate poodle or something.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At one point in the past, they called Alesha Dixon a chocolate poodle or something.

:eek: why am I surprised though? :rolleyes: it is the Mail.

There was a lovely article about Will in the Radio Times this week though.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun's vendetta against The Voice is also rather bizzare. Alot of media outlets seem to be hell bent on having this show fail.
  • 4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ishina wrote: »
    The Daily Fail will say anything to get traffic.

Indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun's vendetta against The Voice is also rather bizzare. Alot of media outlets seem to be hell bent on having this show fail.

I'm guessing they don't play the media game as well as certain other Saturday night shows. ;):rolleyes:

And if the papers want to carry on getting their spoon-fed nothing, downmarket stories, they'll play the game. :rolleyes:

So many tv critics have been harsh, whilst extolling the virtues of BGT and X Factor, wonder why? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone said on Mock the Week once, "The Daily Mail. Racist in public, so you don't have to be."
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I'm guessing they don't play the media game as well as certain other Saturday night shows. ;):rolleyes:

It just makes me wonder if Cowell has some sort of hold over The Sun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just makes me wonder if Cowell has some sort of hold over The Sun.

Do you still wonder though? I don't, not anymore. Max Clifford feeds the Sun so much of their content, they need to stay on his and Cowell's good side. :rolleyes: Makes me nauseous. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weren't the Sun doing a daily 'expose' about Cowell being a sex fiend over Dannii, Cheryl and Alesha last week though we know he's gay as a picnic basket? I've never used so many baff bags in my life...
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Do you still wonder though? I don't, not anymore. Max Clifford feeds the Sun so much of their content, they need to stay on his and Cowell's good side. :rolleyes: Makes me nauseous. :mad:

That's very true. Not only that but the Murdochs have said publicly how much they hate the BBC and would like to get rid of it and I'm sure they have a hand in what the Sun prints. They would love to see The Voice fail.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member

Did they do the same with Kelly Rowland?

Not that Will isn't 100 times cooler than Kelly, but it might be part of a pattern.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The media love to have a villan to bash on these shows but the problem they have with The Voice is that their aren't any,

So because he is a bit different to the others the mail have decided to go after Will I Am and latch on to his Kooky ways and manerisms

However you only have to read the comments at the bottom of the articals to see the readers are almost 100% supportive of Will I Am. :)

Mail --- > Fail :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    The media love to have a villan to bash on these shows but the problem they have with The Vice is that their aren't any,

So because he is a bit different to the others the mail have decided to go after Will I Am and latch on to his Kooky ways and manerisms

However you only have to read the comments at the bottom of the articals to see the readers are almost 100% supportive of Will I Am. :)

Mail --- > Fail :D

The Vice. Teehee.

It's like the real show of The Vice, whether it is intentional or not, it's sometimes quite funny to watch because they are not as polished as those slimey-slick Cowell's turd.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Vice. Teehee.

It's like the real show of The Vice, whether it is intentional or not, it's sometimes quite funny to watch because they are not as polished as those slimey-slick Cowell's turd.

:D blooming fingers just don't want to hit the right keys today :D
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just read it. What Witchhunt? They state that a lot of people were unhappy that Will was using his phone during the show. I was one of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just read it. Watch Witchhunt? They state that a lot of people were unhappy that Will was using his phone during the show. I was one of them.

Yet, Regge was mentioning he's told by producers to keep the online people happy with his tweets. Oh well, I dare say he's employed to be seen as doing something different, such as getting social network trending during the live shows.
  • Vauxhall NovaVauxhall Nova Posts: 4,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More likely to be an objection to what he's being paid.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More likely to be an objection to what he's being paid.

Whis is?
  • TewingirlTewingirl Posts: 2,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd say racism and xenophobia - the Daily Heil are renowned for it, hence the reason some call it the Daily Heil. They are doing the same to Mario Balotelli - they do it to any popular high profile black celebrity - a campaign of relentless nastiness.

It is funny how even their normally hideous readers are having no truck with it as you can see from the comments.

Oh they also do this with Lewis Hamilton. When he "steps out with his girlfriend" they choose photos that will fit a negative story while other publications show a completely different set of photos and a more rational story. It shows how easy it is for our media to do propaganda. Before 'The Voice' Will.i.am got bad press and everyone hated him because they believed the Heil. Now they can see for themselves and realise the Heil us talking garbage.

Moral of the story: don't believe what you read in our media, unless you know it to be true from some other more verifiable source, and that includes re. politics and their Islamophobic campaign too.

Great subject for a thread though as this has been bugging me for a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nearly. Amanda Platell of the Mail called her "the judging equivalent of being licked by a chocolate labrador"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Nearly. Amanda Platell of the Mail called her "the judging equivalent of being licked by a chocolate labrador"

Amanda Platell is a truly disgusting woman, but then she was hired as that monster William Hague's spin doctor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daily Mail say no more.
    loved the comments by Russell howard on the fact they love to rip all Celebs apart and be brutal on peoples looks then he showed the Editor of the paper..:p

I would dread living in a world that the Daily Mail would find acceptable
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daily Mail say no more.
    loved the comments by Russell howard on the fact they love to rip all Celebs apart and be brutal on peoples looks then he showed the Editor of the paper..:p

I would dread living in a world that the Daily Mail would find acceptable

I agree - exactly. Can you just imagine? It would be worse than '1984'!!!! You would HAVE to be Christian, hate Muslims, if you're a woman you wouldn't have a career, it would be legal to be racist and homophobic as any objection would be PC gone mad, and kids would be working in factories with no 'elf and safety as we all know that is evil and wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tewingirl wrote: »
    I'd say racism and xenophobia - the Daily Heil are renowned for it, hence the reason some call it the Daily Heil. They are doing the same to Mario Balotelli - they do it to any popular high profile black celebrity - a campaign of relentless nastiness.

It is funny how even their normally hideous readers are having no truck with it as you can see from the comments.

Oh they also do this with Lewis Hamilton. When he "steps out with his girlfriend" they choose photos that will fit a negative story while other publications show a completely different set of photos and a more rational story. It shows how easy it is for our media to do propaganda. Before 'The Voice' Will.i.am got bad press and everyone hated him because they believed the Heil. Now they can see for themselves and realise the Heil us talking garbage.

Moral of the story: don't believe what you read in our media, unless you know it to be true from some other more verifiable source, and that includes re. politics and their Islamophobic campaign too.

Great subject for a thread though as this has been bugging me for a while.

Great post! :)