Forum Member
✭✭
What's the best one to start with? I've never played them before:D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    NBA 2K14 - Great on PS3/Xbox 360.

If you have a PS4/Xbox One it looks insane. Real life like, with the same great gameplay from the last gen. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bagsy938 wrote: »
    NBA 2K14 - Great on PS3/Xbox 360.

If you have a PS4/Xbox One it looks insane. Real life like, with the same great gameplay from the last gen. :D

I have an Xbox 360. Prob go with that then:D Cheers!
  • Options
    WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NBA2K series are among the best sports games ever made.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go with the 2K series. Buy NBA Live at you're own risk.

(it's a shame 2K can't get the NFL gig back) EA throw as much money they can at Madden as they know if 2K got the NFL it would blow Madden out the water.
  • Options
    ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree with everyone saying the 2K series. NBA 2K14 on the PS3/360 is just amazing.
  • Options
    ComedykevComedykev Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just spent the last 2 hours playing NBA 2K14 on the PS4, OMG its amazing. if there is one sports game to get then this is it.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedykev wrote: »
    Just spent the last 2 hours playing NBA 2K14 on the PS4, OMG its amazing. if there is one sports game to get then this is it.

Agreed, although I really do suck at the game. Can't seem to break down the D.
  • Options
    ComedykevComedykev Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Agreed, although I really do suck at the game. Can't seem to break down the D.

Ha ha ha me too, I keep loosing. But the game is so enjoyable I don't mind loosing, when I actually do win a game it's a great achievement.
    I was paying it on the main tv when the missus came in during half time and thought I was watching a live game because the half time report started talking about games on New Year's Eve :D:D
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree. EA's NBA live used to be great but the last good version was NBA Live 10.

NBA2K14 on PS4 is probably the best sports game I've played. Defence is very difficult though even on easier settings. You actually have to think as though you really are playing defence for real and focus on man 2 man marking and keep the player you're controlling between the person you're marking and the basket. Just don't get caught goaltending.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    EA's sporting crown is now heavily built around Madden and Fifa - if 2K ever got back in on the Grid Iron act, or into football, EA would be royally screwed as NHL and NBA 2K are far superior to their EA counterparts IMO.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    EA's sporting crown is now heavily built around Madden and Fifa - if 2K ever got back in on the Grid Iron act, or into football, EA would be royally screwed as NHL and NBA 2K are far superior to their EA counterparts IMO.

2K Sports have nothing on Sony for baseball though. MLB The Show is far superior to the 2K baseball games.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    ^^ Yep, that's very true!
  • Options
    The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking to get an NBA game myself. Don't really fancy shelling out for 2k14. Is there much difference from 2k13?
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got my PS4 today, and bought 2k14 with it. Have to say, it looks stunning! It's my first NBA game, so it's very hard. :p But I'm practicing!
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started playing that too because it looked so stunning. Not prayed nba game since the game gear!