Options

Big Brother 7 (2006)

hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
Forum Member
I am up to Day 60 of this great series.

Most of the characters are very interesting as well as likeable and the interactions are interesting to watch! The first two weeks were carnage with all those walkers haha!

It's good how they got the three weakest characters out by Day 13: Dawn, Bonnie and George.

Did anyone else feel really sorry for Sam? I can't really remember it now but there was that incident where the girls ganged up on her was pretty nasty - it's a shame she was against Nikki in Week 3...

I thought the House next door twist in theory was very clever but it turned out to be a bit anti-climatic because they kind of knew that the evicted HMs were being moved into the main house. I really didn't like the way Aisleyne behaved when she was nominated in Week 6 - pretty nasty and I kkow she was a popular HM but I'm really not getting the love.

Of the new HMs Jayne is hilarious but totally stupid with all the rule breaking, Spiral is a total idiot, Michael is an empty space and Jennie is my favourite of the new ones - a nice girl and not a fence-sitter.

I can't believe Nikki was evicted on Day 58! I wonder who was second in the vote and how close it was? To be honest I can believe it but I still didn't like it! Nikki is one of those characters that must have had many fans but just as many detRactors.

This is probably not a popular opinion but my favourite HM is Susie! I just love women like Her: calm, elegant, and quite amusing.

The only ones I don't like are Glyn and spiral. Spiral is a total over reactor - he just blew the kissing incident and the fact that BB lightly reprimanded him for going up to Aisleyne naked out of proportion! I don't like Glyn cos I just think he was playing everyone - acting the innocent , naive Welsh 18 year old. There's just something about him I don't like.

Comments

• Options
    dan_dan_ Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing series - my second favourite
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing series - my second favourite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dan_ wrote: »
    Amazing series - my second favourite

What's your favourite?
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    I agree with your general opinions on it.

Definitely felt sorry for Sam. Some say she was manipulative, but I don't really see it. It was kind of sad the way she really tried to be everyone's friend, then when she realized that wouldn't work because the house was split, she then tried to choose a side. She first tried Lea/Richard's side, but felt neglected in favour of people like Pete and Aisleyne. So then she tried to get in good with Imogen and Lisa, where Imogen seemed really keen to welcome Sam in as it would improve their numbers. But then Grace spilled the beans to Lea and Sam was left to fend for herself.
    That's my recollection of it anyway.

Week 6 was a poor week for Aisleyne. But I think that was part of her appeal, Aisleyne pretty much laid everything out from her best qualities to her worst qualities. I think she was genuinely hurt at being nominated, but her reaction did feel quite hypocritical in that she had a very "you've got to deal with it" approach to nominations when it was someone else who was nominated, but when it's her that tough attitude goes out of the window.
    I do think she was feeling stressed though because Lea and Nikki were at their most paranoid and suspicious of Pete and Aisleyne getting close.

In week 8 it was pretty much between Nikki and Aisleyne to be evicted. Aisleyne was the favourite initially but it gradually switched to Nikki during the week due to her childish tantrums beginning to grate and possibly her grudge against Aisleyne aswell.

Since leaving the house Glyn said that he was acting up for the cameras. He said he knew that Pete was his biggest competition, even admitting that when he nominated him he made sure he looked like he regretted it afterwards so that viewers didn't turn against him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree with your general opinions on it.

Definitely felt sorry for Sam. Some say she was manipulative, but I don't really see it. It was kind of sad the way she really tried to be everyone's friend, then when she realized that wouldn't work because the house was split, she then tried to choose a side. She first tried Lea/Richard's side, but felt neglected in favour of people like Pete and Aisleyne. So then she tried to get in good with Imogen and Lisa, where Imogen seemed really keen to welcome Sam in as it would improve their numbers. But then Grace spilled the beans to Lea and Sam was left to fend for herself.
    That's my recollection of it anyway.

Week 6 was a poor week for Aisleyne. But I think that was part of her appeal, Aisleyne pretty much laid everything out from her best qualities to her worst qualities. I think she was genuinely hurt at being nominated, but her reaction did feel quite hypocritical in that she had a very "you've got to deal with it" approach to nominations when it was someone else who was nominated, but when it's her that tough attitude goes out of the window.
    I do think she was feeling stressed though because Lea and Nikki were at their most paranoid and suspicious of Pete and Aisleyne getting close.

In week 8 it was pretty much between Nikki and Aisleyne to be evicted. Aisleyne was the favourite initially but it gradually switched to Nikki during the week due to her childish tantrums beginning to grate and possibly her grudge against Aisleyne aswell.

Since leaving the house Glyn said that he was acting up for the cameras. He said he knew that Pete was his biggest competition, even admitting that when he nominated him he made sure he looked like he regretted it afterwards so that viewers didn't turn against him.

Speaking of the girls obsessions with Pete... I really don't get the appeal... Do you? He's a nice and funny guy but not attractive in my personal opinion.

Ugh, knowing that about Glyn makes me dislike him more! Manipulative sh*t! How are the public so gullible?

What were your opinions on Susie?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Speaking of the girls obsessions with Pete... I really don't get the appeal... Do you? He's a nice and funny guy but not attractive in my personal opinion.

Ugh, knowing that about Glyn makes me dislike him more! Manipulative sh*t! How are the public so gullible?

What were your opinions on Susie?

Pete was okay, an acceptable winner but way too predictable for my liking.
    I didn't see why they thought he was that attractive either. I think it was more his personality that they were attracted to but they felt over-protective of him so the compliments went into over-drive.

Susie was okay aswell. Very sensible and unfairly treated by other housemates and the public.
    However, I did find her a bit cold and bossy aswell, so her eviction was at the right time for me. I liked that she lasted that long and outlasted Mikey on the night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pete was okay, an acceptable winner but way too predictable for my liking.
    I didn't see why they thought he was that attractive either. I think it was more his personality that they were attracted to but they felt over-protective of him so the compliments went into over-drive.

Susie was okay aswell. Very sensible and unfairly treated by other housemates and the public.
    However, I did find her a bit cold and bossy aswell, so her eviction was at the right time for me. I liked that she lasted that long and outlasted Mikey on the night.

Out of the final 6 as it stands my preferred winner would have been Richard or Nikki but my opinion may change as I still have 5 weeks left to watch! Jennie would be third followed by Pete, Aisleyne then Glyn.

And I agrre Pete was far too predictable - wasn't he favourite to win from Week 1 right to the final?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's your favourite?

BB6 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's your favourite?

BB6 :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's your opinion on Aisleyne?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BB6 :)

Really? I thought BB5 was fantastic and I started BB6 But quit after Sam's eviction. I just thought the HMs were too unlikeable. Lesley, gobshite. Maxwell, ********. Science, immature boy. Derek, general ****. Craig, bitch. Vanessa, vacuous.
    Also BB6 is definitely the chavviest bunch of HMs in any series I've seen.

There wasn't enough laughter - BB5 and BB7 have that in abundance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's your opinion on Aisleyne?

As I said, I find her crying a bit annoying and I didn't like the way she was in Week 6, but asides from those times she was OK - that's whst I think of her overall. An ok housemate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I thought BB5 was fantastic and I started BB6 But quit after Sam's eviction. I just thought the HMs were too unlikeable. Lesley, gobshite. Maxwell, ********. Science, immature boy. Derek, general ****. Craig, bitch. Vanessa, vacuous.
    Also BB6 is definitely the chavviest bunch of HMs in any series I've seen.

There wasn't enough laughter - BB5 and BB7 have that in abundance.

BB6 is the funniest series to me, by far. Everything Derek and Kemal said was priceless:D

Makosi is the best housemate ever, although a bit bonkers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said, I find her crying a bit annoying and I didn't like the way she was in Week 6, but asides from those times she was OK - that's whst I think of her overall. An ok housemate.

I love her, my second favourite housemate ever:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love her, my second favourite housemate ever:p

Obviously all I've seen is BB5, part of BB6 and BB7 and BB15 But my favourite HM from those four is Nadia. A true BB legend. Second is Queen Ashleigh.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BB7 was the best series ever - no argument !
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Aisleyne! She was the only reason I kept watching the series past the half-way mark (when it started to fall apart).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Out of the final 6 as it stands my preferred winner would have been Richard or Nikki but my opinion may change as I still have 5 weeks left to watch! Jennie would be third followed by Pete, Aisleyne then Glyn.

And I agrre Pete was far too predictable - wasn't he favourite to win from Week 1 right to the final?

As soon as he walked in he was fave. Which really doesn't do the series justice, I mean a great series should have an unpredictable result, or at least a competitive one.

BB6 wasn't as good in my opinion, but to give it some credit it had about 8 different faves to win throughout the series. Now that's exciting.

My fave series is BB5 though.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am up to Day 60 of this great series..

May I ask where you are watching it?

Is it on y-tube? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Obviously all I've seen is BB5, part of BB6 and BB7 and BB15 But my favourite HM from those four is Nadia. A true BB legend. Second is Queen Ashleigh.

Yes me too.
    Nadia in BB5 is pretty much my perfect housemate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You should try BB6 again, the "chav" crew are voted out early
    As soon as he walked in he was fave. Which really doesn't do the series justice, I mean a great series should have an unpredictable result, or at least a competitive one.

BB6 wasn't as good in my opinion, but to give it some credit it had about 8 different faves to win throughout the series. Now that's exciting.

My fave series is BB5 though.

Only because of the two main favourites, one outed themselves as an aggressive racist and the other faked a pregnancy and screwed with her best friend's head;-)

I think BB6 was easily the most mad series, so I think it's easy for it to be disliked for people who like a bit more slow episodes too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    I loved Aisleyne! She was the only reason I kept watching the series past the half-way mark (when it started to fall apart).

Where do you think it fell apart? I think it's still as interesting as it has been thriughout at day 60.
    May I ask where you are watching it?

Is it on y-tube? :)

Yes 😊 BB1-BB11 all are. There are a few episodes missing here and there but still it's such a convenience for skmeone like me - BB15 was my first. I was so oblivious to the heights at which BB used to stand!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB5, BB6 and BB7 are easily the top three though
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should try and get through BB6 just to experience the greatness that is Makosi. :D Although I wasn't a big fan of the series overall either. Way too negative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You should try BB6 again, the "chav" crew are voted out early

Only because of the two main favourites, one outed themselves as an aggressive racist and the other faked a pregnancy and screwed with her best friend's head;-)

I think BB6 was easily the most mad series, so I think it's easy for it to be disliked for people who like a bit more slow episodes too

Saskia was a favourite? She was my favourite but I thought I was in the vast minority.