FX HD / NCIS series link

Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else find that the new series of NCIS that started last Friday did NOT link to next Friday's episode 2?

Ours linked to a repeat of an old episode tomorrow instead.

Wondering if this is an FX error or whether it is just us.

The reason I am unsure is that I have been trying to reset it manually since Saturday morning and FX HD for Friday (indeed nearly all HD channels) has constantly shown no Listings for just that day (and only after tea time that day).

Still nothing after 36 hours preventing me from setting it.

Comments

• Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,781
    Forum Member
    Its done the same to me, I hadnt noticed till I read your post, I am guessing they will link to fridays at some point but not sure I want to record a whole lot of repeats
  • CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else find that the new series of NCIS that started last Friday did NOT link to next Friday's episode 2?

Ours linked to a repeat of an old episode tomorrow instead.

Wondering if this is an FX error or whether it is just us.

The reason I am unsure is that I have been trying to reset it manually since Saturday morning and FX HD for Friday (indeed nearly all HD channels) has constantly shown no Listings for just that day (and only after tea time that day).

Still nothing after 36 hours preventing me from setting it.

Works ok on my drx890 and sammy pvr4. NCIS on at different times all day, but the series 8 episode actually comes up on the listings as NCIS season 8
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They even had it as NCIS Season 8 on the opening credits during transmission I noticed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mine hasn't linked to next Friday's episode either. Monday night's old episode has been linked to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Curious that some did and others did not.

Do those of you without a Friday link HAVE the Friday night FX HD listings in the EPG?

We still do not, but I note that Dexter HAS linked to next Friday even though that is immediately after NCIS and has also been AWOL from our EPG listings all weekend.

So looks like it was a series link error by FX (or Sky?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do those of you without a Friday link HAVE the Friday night FX HD listings in the EPG?

Yes I do.
    Forum Member

We still do not, but I note that Dexter HAS linked to next Friday even though that is immediately after NCIS and has also been AWOL from our EPG listings all weekend.

So looks like it was a series link error by FX (or Sky?)

Yes its in my listings, my listings end at 7am saturday morning for all channels but returns again for all channels at 2pm, I seem to have a black hole
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They even had it as NCIS Season 8 on the opening credits during transmission I noticed!

Ive noticed that type of thing a lot recently. True Blood said Season 2 in the credits, I think Burn Notice might be doing it too, it certainly says Burn Notice Season 3 on the EPG, same with New Leverage, New BNTM, Chuck also has a Title screen saying New Chuck before it starts now too.

I think it's quite good but annoys me when it's on the EPG, it's a bit confusing when using the Search Function as the 'New' isn't ignored like 'The' or 'A' etc so you have to remember that a programme has New in the title!

I don't know why they can't just have accurate Series/Season and Episode info in the description.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I watched first episode of NCIS on anytime, went to tv listings and then it worked as normal..series link from next Fridays FXHD season 8 start.
    Seems like a glitch in the system as earlier mentioned either by Sky or FX
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is a tip if this ever happens again.

I discovered it by trial and error.

The EPG still had no Friday listings today for the third successive day.

I went into search (pretty easy for NCIS as there is now't else starting NC!) It found Friday's and I was able to set it into the planner from there. Even though it was still not in the EPG listings.

No idea why that works, but it does.

I then rebooted the box as it got stuck trying to access teletext (a common problem with Pace boxes!) and the Friday EPG listings were magically back.
    Forum Member
    Same happened again this week, linked to the NCIS repeat on monday, I wish FX would sort this out, its starting to get annoying now :mad:
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marti S wrote: »
    Same happened again this week, linked to the NCIS repeat on monday, I wish FX would sort this out, its starting to get annoying now :mad:
    I've emailed them.
  • Pat GleesonPat Gleeson Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Marti S wrote: »
    Its done the same to me, I hadnt noticed till I read your post

Same here, thanks for the heads up :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I thought that when it happened last week that I'd series linked the wrong episode and so set the series link again. Tonight the box has started to record an old episode again.

Wonder if it is worth me emailing them myself.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mfraser wrote: »
    I thought that when it happened last week that I'd series linked the wrong episode and so set the series link again. Tonight the box has started to record an old episode again.

Wonder if it is worth me emailing them myself.
    Can't do any harm. Maybe you'll get a response - I've not had one yet but I guess they haven't had much time. What was the name of the poster who claimed he worked for them - Shadowlands?
    Forum Member
    Andrue wrote: »
    Can't do any harm. Maybe you'll get a response - I've not had one yet but I guess they haven't had much time. What was the name of the poster who claimed he worked for them - Shadowlands?

I have emailed their ofcom contact Jason Thorpe, hopefully one of the emails will get a response, have said fx uk havent responded to emails sent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did not Sky take over playout of FX HD a few months back?

They might just blame it all on Sky.

Shadowlands is, indeed, the FX HD worker who posts on here.

Maybe they can get to the bottom of it as they have been pretty helpful in the past.
  • PunkchickPunkchick Posts: 2,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has now been fixed by FX's EPG provider.