Options

Wakefield Prison: Inmates set to receive luxury festive feast

Comments

• Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Why don't we give them some mechanically seperated shaped portions of turkey and some mass produced veg and tell them it's Christmas dinner instead?

That's what we do

I don't understand your point
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't we give them some mechanically seperated shaped portions of turkey and some mass produced veg and tell them it's Christmas dinner instead?

Don't they already get that now?

Personally I'd free them all and give them £500 cash to spend on wining and dining over Xmas and give them a proper dinner. Poor mites.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn:
    I'm still waiting to find out what happened to OP's poor old granny at Christmas.
    :mad:
  • Options
    Flyboy152Flyboy152 Posts: 14,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if you go around talking to people like that you must need yours examined too...this is a discussion thread, no need too be so rude too be honest....No wonder I stopped coming on here....:confused:

My point is, why get themselves in more trouble by making up lies on such a massive story that would obviously get picked up on if there is lies in it....I doubt they would risk it.

Who is going to complain?

FYI, this is not a massive story, it is a perennial non-story. It is dragged out every single year, ad nauseum, along with the, "they stole Christmas....it offends Muslims....they've called it Winterval," nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would imagine he/she's angry that 5 or 6 people on this thread have decided it's perfectly acceptable to rip him/her a new one and attempt to belittle just about everything he/she says.

No, the poster seems to be angry that some people are being fed.
  • Options
    miss_minervoismiss_minervois Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flyboy152 wrote: »
    No, the poster seems to be angry that some people are being fed.

I disagree. I actually agree that the thread is a misnomer, and that there isn't much of a story at all; however, I don't understand the need to make a FM feel stupid, and naive just because you can. That's just poor form.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn:
    I'm still waiting to find out what happened to OP's poor old granny at Christmas.
    :mad:

She was fed to the inmates. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree. I actually agree that the thread is a misnomer, and that there isn't much of a story at all; however, I don't understand the need to make a FM feel stupid, and naive just because you can. That's just poor form.

The FM in question appears to be trolling, no one is that naive.
  • Options
    miss_minervoismiss_minervois Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry you feel that way.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She wasn't trolling,
    She was being bambozzled by certain FMs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I for one hoped they enjoyed their dinner, adorned their cracker hats, pulled a few jokes and realised what they could have and keep when they finally get out and if they keep their noses clean.

If it is felt that the inmates have a better way of life, why not all get in prison? I mean why would you want to miss out on all those luxuries offered to them?

They needed feeding anyway, they got Xmas themed food, it was just food same as normal but turkey instead. I reckon it would have been pretty crap food anyway, hardly restaurant standard. If anyone got worse at home, I suggest you go to cookery lessons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or rob a bank, either way they'd be better off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one thinks twice about it... it's a common and affordable meal. You seem to be trying to pry some leverage on this discussion by claiming it isn't... that's where you're losing credibility.

Again, for some people. too others its a rare treat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iain wrote: »
    ah! so you actually mean a breakfast buffet offering a choice of things?

If you stayed in a hotel with a similar offering would you ever describe it as a three course breakfast?

and again, it's likely to be poor quality stuff due to the prison's budget - they won't be getting the finest ingredients from Waitrose.

Does all of this really need to be explained to you?

Iain

It is a 3 course breakfast hence the "course1, course 2, course 3".....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

TO others it is a normal meal. If they can't afford then they are living in extreme poverty, despite you saying they are not. If they cannot afford two or three pounds for a meal, they are extremely poor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a 3 course breakfast hence the "course1, course 2, course 3".....

Are you doing this on purpose?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TO others it is a normal meal. If they can't afford then they are living in extreme poverty, despite you saying they are not. If they cannot afford two or three pounds for a meal, they are extremely poor.

£2 or £3 pounds per head?

My budget for food is £30 a week and I eat well, very well, too well in fact I am putting weuight on unfortunately
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iain wrote: »
    sure - but I'm not convinced your so hard up that you can't afford any fresh meat at 70p a portion.

Iain

Its not though is it?...its one payment of around £7 maybe more...and like I said, more important things come first for some people and luxuries such as that have too come second.

Heating through the winter/electricity...or one piece of meat??...Hmm I know which I'd choose...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine he/she's angry that 5 or 6 people on this thread have decided it's perfectly acceptable to rip him/her a new one and attempt to belittle just about everything he/she says.

Yes..thats how it seems any way....and its she :)
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member

It's not... just go to Iceland... you can get it for £4.50. Seriously... if people can;t afford that for a meal they need to get down to the CBA and get their debt repayments sorted out in a more reasonable way.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    £2 or £3 pounds per head?

My budget for food is £30 a week and I eat well, very well, too well in fact I am putting weuight on unfortunately

Can you afford meat and two different types of vegetables :eek: Millionaire!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excuse me?..."Trolling"?...I never have "trolled" and never will. I can't stand FM's doing that so I'm not exactly going to do it myself am I?....If I'm a "Troll" for trying too put my point across and joining in the discussion, then doesn't that make everyone else a "Troll" too? :confused:

I thought the whole point of discussions was too put forward what you think of the topic?....Obviously not, according too you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you afford meat and two different types of vegetables :eek: Millionaire!!!!

I sure can.... I have a vegetable patch!

I also buy wisely, reduced meat etc and make big batches of chillis etc.

You can eat on a tight budget very easily and have tasty food, its just about being savvy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

2 or 3 pounds for just one part of the meal (£7 in some cases apparantly) plus 2 or 3 pounds for whatever else. All just for one meal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not though is it?...its one payment of around £7 maybe more...and like I said, more important things come first for some people and luxuries such as that have too come second.

Heating through the winter/electricity...or one piece of meat??...Hmm I know which I'd choose...

Are really saying that you don't know how life really works?