Options

Britney Spears *Appreciation Thread* (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Maybe it's something to do with the "Don't Talk About Britney Spears" thread that was posted last night? Just a thought.

:D true.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    She helped with the concept aswel :) Proves Britney knows what she is doing, and proves the Original Gimme More video would of been Amazing :(
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video is amazing. Het best in years!!!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    :D true.

Maybe some people took that thread seriously!
  • Options
    STEPHENFOX20STEPHENFOX20 Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Just wanted to share my Love for her......

anyone else feel this to!!

SHE IS AMAZING!!!:):):):):):):):):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe some people took that thread seriously!

That would be hilarious.

Does anyone else think that Britney looks different to the way she did in the Circus era?

I'm not convinced she's completely happy either; of course I want her to be! But her eyes don't seem to have that spark back....

Am I the only one who thinks this?
  • Options
    ben1993ben1993 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Adore her so much. You may have ticked of a few people starting yet another Britney thread though, haha! :D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Interesting question, I'll have to look closer at some of her Circus era videos and her latest ones and see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    really me??..I didnt mean to start such a thing...this is a MUSIC thread!! and Britney Spears makes music wich makes this THREAD RELEVANT!!

Really hope she tours in the UK this years or early next year...did you see the circus tour?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    That would be hilarious.

Does anyone else think that Britney looks different to the way she did in the Circus era?

I'm not convinced she's completely happy either; of course I want her to be! But her eyes don't seem to have that spark back....

Am I the only one who thinks this?

ergh, don't understand this eyes sh!t. Can't say I've ever noticed until 'fans' started all that. I believe she is very happy at the moment, she has her boys, she has Jason, and she's at a point in her career where she can just record music, make videos and tour without having to prove herself or anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really me??..I didnt mean to start such a thing...this is a MUSIC thread!! and Britney Spears makes music wich makes this THREAD RELEVANT!!

Really hope she tours in the UK this years or early next year...did you see the circus tour?

Exactly, but there's been a LOT of Britney thread lately and someone made a thread trying to make today a 'don't talk about Britney day' hahah, even though her new video premiered today, so that wasn't going to work.

I'm praying for an announcement of some UK dates! I did see The Circus :)
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure is a lot of Britney love going on in here recently. Most threads are about her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love her:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does look different but then she is a few years older now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People need to realise about her eyes that it is more than likely the medication she is on. She can't be criticised for that, surely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ben1993 wrote: »
    ergh, don't understand this eyes sh!t. Can't say I've ever noticed until 'fans' started all that. I believe she is very happy at the moment, she has her boys, she has Jason, and she's at a point in her career where she can just record music, make videos and tour without having to prove herself or anything.

I'm not having a go, and I had forgotten about the medication that she may or may not be on.

:cool:
  • Options
    ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm... when did Madonna die and give her Queen Of Pop title to Britney?

Not even a massive Madonna fan, but seriously? Britney?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People need to realise about her eyes that it is more than likely the medication she is on. She can't be criticised for that, surely.

I know from experience and in Britneys defence, that being on strong medication for whatever sort of mental illness really has an effect on the way you do things, I sometimes got mixed up very easy and found it hard to pick things up (even at a Zumba workout class, it was just mixed up) so If it's true shes on medication which it likely is, people need to give her credit..but if people do well over a period of many years, you slowly (sometimes) get taken off them..She has alot more going on than music I'm guessing! I love the video and I'm glad people are noticing that shes trying her best! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    YES...............Seriously.....Britney!!! IN MY EYES SHE IS THE QUEEN OF POP, i dont own 1 record of Madonna's and I have nothing against her but IMO Britney is the better artist!!!

Ben we need to campaign to get Britney to tour the UK lol...

Till The World Ends UK Tour!! needs to happen!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubrical wrote: »
    Sure is a lot of Britney love going on in here recently. Most threads are about her!

Yep. Shes on everybodys lips because shes amazing :D

I have a shrine in my bedroom full of britney stuff :o

:p
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I love the video - it's classic Britney!:cool:

I also agree about the medication, it's for Bi-Polar Disorder, and apparentley that's just what it does, along with most likely making her tired, etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :O Saw "Look" magazine in Tesco's today and it had this on the front: Britney's Shock New Meltdown: Locks Herself In A Wardrobe And Hacks Hair Off Again

surely this is complete media BS right?! Either that or I've fallen through a black hole which made me travel back in time to 2007. I've searched the internet for this story but nothing found, apart from people on a forum discussing how stupid the story is. I really hope it doesn't turn out to be true :( I mean it can't be, not now that she's being taken care of/has her life back on track?
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    x_bibs93_x wrote: »
    Saw "Look" magazine in Tesco's today and it had this on the front: Britney's Shock New Meltdown: Locks Herself In A Wardrobe And Hacks Hair Off Again

surely this is complete media BS right?! Either that or I've fallen through a black hole which made me travel back in time to 2007. I've searched the internet for this story but nothing found, apart from people on a forum discussing how stupid the story is. I really hope it doesn't turn out to be true :( I mean it can't be, not now that she's being taken care of/has her life back on track?

Look - the same magazine that said Beyoncé and Jay-Z were just months from divorce last week?:yawn::sleep:

I call BS on this one.

It probably won't even get Britney's rubber stamp - I bet none of them have heard of muck like Look.
  • Options
    Music4life22Music4life22 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    I found this and loved everything he had to say about Britney

Britney Spears: The Origin Of The Super-Pop Species
    With her new album sitting at #1, Bigger Than the Sound looks at Britney's unprecedented career.
    By James Montgomery

By the time you read this, Britney Spears will have scored her sixth #1 debut with Femme Fatale, her latest installment of supersonic, stealth-fighter pop, a collection of songs equipped with laser-guided, heat-seeking hit missiles. In fact, Femme Fatale is more like an F-22 Raptor than an album.

Maybe I shouldn't be amazed that Brit finds herself atop the charts once again, but don't we live in austere times? Aren't Odd Future the only thing that matters these days?

I'm only sort of kidding. Because, frankly, each and every time Britney lands another #1, it's kind of like we've traveled through a wormhole and ended up in 1999, a time when the industry was still flush with cash and Lou Pearlman still lumbered the land. This was only 12 years ago, but it may as well have been 12 million.

These days, we still have plenty of pure pop stars, though none of them are quite like Britney. Lady Gaga is into performance art. Katy Perry is the California Gurl. Pink is the punky older cousin with a ton of tattoos. As is often the case with evolution, they have each developed specialized traits in order to survive. Britney is, in a lot of ways, the origin of the species (for simplicity's sake, I'm just ignoring Madonna, who basically did everything before any of this generation's stars were even teething). She was — and, I suppose, still is — the music industry's first attempt to promote a star that is everything to everyone. And each and every time she surfaces with a new album in tow, it signals the return of pop's Mesozoic era. For all intents and purposes, she may spend her time between albums trapped in amber, waiting to have her DNA extracted by some scientist.

This is by no means meant to come across as a slight against Spears. I fully understand why her fans love her the way they do, not to mention the fact that Femme Fatale is a heck of a pop record, a starry shadowbox of the coolest sounds you're likely to hear all year. It's more me simply marveling at the way she operates — in the cockpit of a high-powered fighter, making glossy, big-budget videos, putting on full-scale pop spectacles. There truly, honestly isn't anyone else like her.

We should take this opportunity to appreciate what Britney Spears — and her album — represent. She is the last super-pop star left standing. There was a time when everyone did things this way; now it's her and her alone. Spears is still everything to everyone, in a time when all we hear about are "niche markets" and "splintered genres," and for that alone, the success of Femme Fatale is noteworthy. Can she continue to survive among her more specialized peers? She's certainly earned the right to, though one gets the feeling she's probably not too worried about that fact. The thing about being the first is that there isn't really anything — or anyone — to compete against. So let others sweat the small stuff; Britney's only concerned with being Britney. Now and forever.

Source : MTV

P.S Britney is Officially #1 Album on the Billboard Charts
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anyone remember "britney" by busted? it was an album track...

here it is
This discussion has been closed.