BBC 5 Live General Chit Chat

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Wish Greeny would come back and host 606.

He seems generally to be taking things easier this season, not as many big games, no 606, and he has also stopped posting his weekly column in the Belfast Telegraph.

Wasn't his choice they gave him the push from 606
  • radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a good listen is Declan Curry's "On the Money". Tonight the senior person from British produced Weetabix explained its way forward and continued innovation. Declan always comes across with a pleasant nature - the same as Jon Pienaar. Unlike Victoria Derbyshire. Who comes across poorly.
    I think people need to want to listen to a programme. I do wonder how people can comtinue to listen to two hours of misery radio each weekday morning. Perhaps they cant be bothered with physically retuning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just six minutes in and ian wright has given the ypu know hat I mean three times slready. Sounds very poor programme so far.

I was surprised to see Wright on ITV for the Chile match. I thought he'd been completely discredited as a pundit.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,286
    Forum Member
    Is Steve Claridge an agent so dares not upset any players by criticising them?

Just simply puts any blame for a team's problems solely on the manager...even when talking about International footballers who should be able to think for themselves at times.
  • europeantoureuropeantour Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a good listen is Declan Curry's "On the Money". Tonight the senior person from British produced Weetabix explained its way forward and continued innovation. Declan always comes across with a pleasant nature - the same as Jon Pienaar. Unlike Victoria Derbyshire. Who comes across poorly.
    I think people need to want to listen to a programme. I do wonder how people can comtinue to listen to two hours of misery radio each weekday morning. Perhaps they cant be bothered with physically retuning.

Totally agree....also Wake up to money is a great programme
  • franchisefranchise Posts: 1,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Is Steve Claridge an agent so dares not upset any players by criticising them?

Just simply puts any blame for a team's problems solely on the manager...even when talking about International footballers who should be able to think for themselves at times.

Claridge would be first to go if I were in charge. In fact any footballer who says "you haven't played the game" immediately shows contempt for the listener. Football is such a simple game, the vast majority of the audience will have played at some level, even park standard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gotta love Greeny - "there's a cruise, cruiser and two benders".
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is Danny Mills on ?.........he keeps going on about bringing John Terry back

:eek:

The same John Terry that was exposed as a tree stump in the last World Cup and who is now 4 years older and had 10 more injuries........
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Must be mixing him up with Terry Butcher. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    What is Danny Mills on ?.........he keeps going on about bringing John Terry back

The same John Terry that was exposed as a tree stump in the last World Cup and who is now 4 years older and had 10 more injuries........

That was very embarrassing listening. After a few mimutes of beratimg England, Mark CHapman asked Mills who he would not take on the plane to Rio. Mr expert went all quiet and then did a minute of waffle befote starting on a bout past it Terry. The calling listening disected Mills brilliantly. These pundits are scared of agents a nd players.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was very embarrassing listening. After a few mimutes of beratimg England, Mark CHapman asked Mills who he would not take on the plane to Rio. Mr expert went all quiet and then did a minute of waffle befote starting on a bout past it Terry. The calling listening disected Mills brilliantly. These pundits are scared of agents a nd players.

One particular caller ripped him to shreds

The one who kept talking over him !

All he basically did was to point out what I pointed out in my post - that Terry was already well past International class 4 years and half a dozen injuries ago..........
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,286
    Forum Member
    We need pace in the England defence - not more slow players which Terry would be!

The guy leads well but walked out on England and hasn't shown any desire to come back...

One thing is for certain - there won't be the usual over-hyping for the World Cup..

Remember Alan Hansen's "No German players would get into the England team" per 2010 World Cup!

• Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first interesting 9am phone in topic since goodness knows when
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need pace in the England defence - not more slow players which Terry would be!

The guy leads well but walked out on England and hasn't shown any desire to comeo back...

One thing is for certain - there won't be the usual over-hyping for the World Cup..

Remember Alan Hansen's "No German players would get into the England team" per 2010 World Cup!

Cor, all media incliding five live will be lost now that the public have cottoned onto not wearing the hype and bull**** any lomger. I think the term is my name is billy not silly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listened to VD today, nothing much appears to have changed. The usual left slant on everything. A string of people with a sense of self entitlement. One bloke said he'd got into £15k of debt by paying his rent and buying children their clothes. All taken at face value by the presenter with no real attempt to get to the real facts of the story. We got a regular update on some greenpeace members in Russia, the station hasn't been so pleased on a prison release since Vicky Price got out.
    Forum Member
    Totally agree....also Wake up to money is a great programme

Sameways
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    One particular caller ripped him to shreds

The one who kept talking over him !

All he basically did was to point out what I pointed out in my post - that Terry was already well past International class 4 years and half a dozen injuries ago..........

Heard it Danny held his own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just interviewed the Head of BBC North on the Media Show on radio 4 about the move to Salford. Specific mention was made of the rare appearances in Salford of VD. Specious waffle about how her circumstances are different and that they make allowance for her other media commitments. Kept banging on about how 90% plus of the output of 5live is from Salford but also admitted that no record is kept of how often VD pops up there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just interviewed the Head of BBC North on the Media Show on radio 4 about the move to Salford. Specific mention was madek of the rare appearances in Salford of VD. Specious waffle about how her circumstances are different and that they make allowance for her otherwise media commitments. Kept banging on about how 90% plus of the output of 5live is from Salford but also admitted that no record is kept of how often VD pops up there.

I heard it too. At one point I thought Salmon was going to burst into tears and say "dont you have ago at our dinner partner". What he did come out with was...wait a minute.."Victoria is a quality presenter who has won many awards". Credit to Steve Hewlett taking Salmon to task.
    What we need is a listeners' award organised by the Radio Times as per tv shows. This would for once and for all bury the falsehood on how good the Derbyshire misery woman is.
    Forum Member

The guy leads well but walked out on England and hasn't shown any desire to come back...

Terry well rid
    Forum Member

and Hansen's not winning anything with kids rubbish
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How to destroy any credibility you once had in one easy comment. I also remember his pre-Euro 2008 Final quote: "Germany have only got one decent player and that's Michael Ballack" (guess which league Ballack was playing in back then?). Fair to say I won't miss Hansen once he bows out after the World Cup.
    Forum Member
    Gotta love Greeny - "there's a cruise, cruiser and two benders".

Sameways
    he's alright better than wright
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Bored shitless with the BBC banging on about the sodding Cricket, no doubt every radio programme will be interupted every 30 seconds to tell us about a wicket in the Cricket or to bore us about the score which won't have changed since the last time they told us 30 seconds previous.

Hardly anyone is unterested in Cricket abd those that are will be watching or tuned in to Radio 4, so why does Radio 5 ave to bore us shitless?
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Why? What is on Radio 4 at the moment?
This discussion has been closed.