Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Are you the Boat man?:D

I would have guessed Joanna (sp?), who I really like.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    If Trish and Tom win it will be another of those hollow victories only achieved by cheating.

She in particular seems to be jealous of the other places - and is obviously called out on her nitpicking tomorrow.

It will be a crying shame if they do win as the other two places we have seen so far have been spectacular, and tomorrow's looks good too. Trecarne House is the most boring, ordinary and meh! Place of the week
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that the type of pre-wedding party Rayne described would use her place. As she said, it's a bit like entering her gran's house so I wouldn't have thought that type of establishment would appeal to the 'Jordan, celebrity loving, videoing everything' type.

They'd also surely be downing the odd bottle of bubbly stuff which could be quite dangerous given the amount of 'stuff' filling every room. Hope the contents insurance is up to date!
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who eats parmasan for breakfast anyway???

:blush: *shyly raises hand*

Having said that, it's certainly not a requirement and to complain about someone not having it is nickpicking indeed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand pub meals where they serve the main element of the course in a separate dish.

I missed that, what was it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's B&B is hard for me to judge because while the decor is most definitely not to my taste (especially the dead animals) they do what they do very well and it certainly looks like value for money! So while I wouldn't choose to stay there, I think Rayne and Chris offer an excellent product that will appeal to many people. I could see staying there with a party of people, which seems to be what they're aiming at anyway.

It was good to see Rayne producing six different breakfasts with apparently no effort at all while we've seen some in the past in an absolute panic at the prospect!
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe Trish said all the lit candles suck up all the oxygen. Not as much as when her mouth opens during all her insufferable constant moaning.
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would not stay in Trish's establishment. She looks like someone who would rifle through your stuff while you were out for the day; she'd squirt herself from your £80 bottle of Jo Malone and poke her finger in your pot of La Prairie. I don't like her smarmy smile, her sly eyes and that arrow-shaped nose that protrudes a little too far from her face. I don't like that she expects hosts to offer filter bloody coffee in the guest rooms!

>:( >:(
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would not stay in Trish's establishment. She looks like someone who would rifle through your stuff while you were out for the day; she'd squirt herself from your £80 bottle of Jo Malone and poke her finger in your pot of La Prairie. I don't like her smarmy smile, her sly eyes and that arrow-shaped nose that protrudes a little too far from her face. I don't like that she expects hosts to offer filter bloody coffee in the guest rooms!

>:( >:(

And a choice of cheeses. Is she for real. It's a B&B not Claridges. >:(>:(
  • Options
    ICanBeBotheredICanBeBothered Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    As usual, this thread is an enjoyable read and watching the programme without it just wouldn't be the same (although I myself am too lazy to post much).

I too feel mean for my initial reaction to Rayne - that'll teach me!

As for Trish & Hubby, I had a look at their website and noticed the fish sign that indicates a Christian household, so when the other day they started saying 'We are believers..' I thought: 'Here we go', but they went in another direction. I mention this because they do not come across as an overly charitable couple. But what do I know? I'm an atheist.

I also had a look on Google maps at where the Boatman's place is moored (I typed Thames Path, Windsor) and was thrilled to find that he has got himself a Google orange dot! (For those who are less sad than me, when you drag the little man into the map, as well as the blue roads, you also get orange dots which mean that you can get closer/inside looks into places. I do spend much too much virtual time inside restaurants in Paris or Milan or wherever, zooming in on menus...).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And a choice of cheeses. Is she for real. It's a B&B not Claridges. >:(>:(

Something about her reminds me of Jeanette from a few weeks back....
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Trish looks cold :o:blush:

( o ) ( o )

:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As usual, this thread is an enjoyable read and watching the programme without it just wouldn't be the same (although I myself am too lazy to post much).

I too feel mean for my initial reaction to Rayne - that'll teach me!

As for Trish & Hubby, I had a look at their website and noticed the fish sign that indicates a Christian household, so when the other day they started saying 'We are believers..' I thought: 'Here we go', but they went in another direction. I mention this because they do not come across as an overly charitable couple. But what do I know? I'm an atheist.

I also had a look on Google maps at where the Boatman's place is moored (I typed Thames Path, Windsor) and was thrilled to find that he has got himself a Google orange dot! (For those who are less sad than me, when you drag the little man into the map, as well as the blue roads, you also get orange dots which mean that you can get closer/inside looks into places. I do spend much too much virtual time inside restaurants in Paris or Milan or wherever, zooming in on menus...).

Well, we all formed pretty much the same ideas about the delightfully unique Julian from the Shelley Guest House in Wales a while back (ep.36) and by the middle of the week we all loved him. It's what we do and we are pretty quick to admit when we are wrong ;-).

But I'm not wrong about Trish....>:(
  • Options
    HumptyDumpyHumptyDumpy Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Are you the Boat man?:D
    Who? Me? Jeesh, No! I guess I could be him, but I would need to go through a sex change. Then age rapidly by about 20-ish years (I can't remember how old they said he was). And Learn not to be scared of water. And assume his identity. And.... of sod it, it's just too much.

I've been lurking for weeks and finally had to register just to voice my 2 cents.
  • Options
    HumptyDumpyHumptyDumpy Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    I would have guessed Joanna (sp?), who I really like.
    Naah, my arse alone is bigger than her. There's no way I could be her.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raine has got an odd look. Lots of us have commented on it. Nowt wrong in that. She's on a reality TV prog. These things get mentioned.

She's also a fairly decent person and I liked her b&b. There's nowt wrong in commenting on that either.
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who? Me? Jeesh, No! I guess I could be him, but I would need to go through a sex change. Then age rapidly by about 20-ish years (I can't remember how old they said he was). And Learn not to be scared of water. And assume his identity. And.... of sod it, it's just too much.

I've been lurking for weeks and finally had to register just to voice my 2 cents.

welcome aboard....mind that wall ;-)
  • Options
    EthelTEthelT Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    There is a huge difference between commenting on how a person chooses to look and present themselves and commenting on aspects of a person that cannot be helped such as a lisp, facial features, tics.

Raine is drawing attention to herself by choosing to look whacky and different. It suits her personality and she does seem to be a lovely lady and I'm sure she's heard all the comments before and mentally sticks two fingers up and laughs about it.

I hope she wins. I definitely hope the mean spirited Cornish gameplayers come last. >:(
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Oh dear - Trish and Tom shooting their business in the foot with their behaviour.

She seems determined to query the official ratings the other places have got... And nitpick to hell

Oooooo looks like Dom takes her to task tomorrow!

Quite honestly I really hope they have! She and her husband have come across as being nothing other than a vile, extremely unpleasant and nasty nit picking couple who you wouldn't want to spend 5 minutes in the company of and certainly not a night at their place. Those comments about the coffee and then cheese at breakfast were plain pathetic. Your in a realistically priced, privately run B&B love, not bloody Claridges! Get real for god's sake! >:(
    japara wrote: »
    I am very ashamed of myself for thinking unkind thoughts about Raines appearance earlier in the week, she seems such a lovely lady, on the other hand that Trish is really a sanctimonious, condesending old trout. please! please, please don't let Trish and boring hubby win.

I think the lovely Raine has changed near everyone's initial impression of her on here 100% since the start of the week, mine certainly included. :blush: I didn't love her place but it was interesting, quirky and different, a bit like the lady herself. :D The way she created such delicious looking breakfasts on her own was very impressive and love them or hate them, the rooms were anything other than boring or plain.
    So she's a bit eccentric and not conventional looking but she's obviously very comfortable and happy within herself and proud and to be a bit different, and so bravo to her for that!! :)

I'd love to see today's place win. Having seen what they've become (and appear to be), its now a shame vile old sour puss Trish and hubby went first and the others paid them before they got a chance to discover what they're really like. :(
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HAD to come on here and see what others thought of the Cornish bastards! :D

I can just see their bank balance dwindling away as they're forced to live off their savings due to their toxic personalities running the punters to anywhere else but theirs.

Who TF ever heard of a PARMESAN OMELETTE?? >:(

And moaning about instant coffee when faced with a bloody drawer full of beverages choices??

She's soooo jealous of the 5-star places she has a green tinge to her skin.

'Oh, we have to sleep with the window open........*so we can moan about the traffic noise in the morning*....'

What thoroughly horrible people they are.

RAINE FTW!!! :D

I couldn't stay at hers - too much clutter for me, but I think she's fab though :cool:
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Quite honestly I really hope they have! She and her husband have come across as being nothing other than a vile, extremely unpleasant and nasty nit picking couple who you wouldn't want to spend 5 minutes in the company of and certainly not a night at their place. Those comments about the coffee and then cheese at breakfast were plain pathetic. Your in a realistically priced, privately run B&B love, not bloody Claridges! Get real for god's sake! >:(

I think the lovely Raine has changed near everyone's initial impression of her on here 100% since the start of the week, mine certainly included. :blush: I didn't love her place but it was interesting, quirky and different, a bit like the lady herself. :D The way she created such delicious looking breakfasts on her own was very impressive and love them or hate them, the rooms were anything other than boring or plain.
    So she's a bit eccentric and not conventional looking but she's obviously very comfortable and happy within herself and proud and to be a bit different, and so bravo to her for that!! :)

I'd love to see today's place win. Having seen what they've become (and appear to be), its now a shame vile old sour puss Trish and hubby went first and the others paid them before they got a chance to discover what they're really like. :(
    I often wonder about that kind of malarkey.

It's so unfair and used by so many as an obvious game-plan.

Why can't the makers allow them to do the feedback on the day but do all the payments at the end?

Only way to put a stop to the shenanigans IMO
  • Options
    Hershey2Hershey2 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, well, Trish has shown her true colours now hasn't she.

Nothing more to add to what everybody else has already said really, other than, it's good to see all the other contestants are singing from the same page re Trish, they can't all be wrong can they.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I still wish they would take the emphasis away from the payments and just get them to rank each other 1, 2 or 3 in the hosting/ cleanliness/ facilities/ sleep/ breakfast categories with the only score they can give being for overall experience.

This worked great on the 4 Weddings US show where the competing brides used to be able to deliberately sabotage each other by giving low scores.... With the top ranked dress / venue/ food now getting 10 points, second 6 and third 3, a deliberately low overall experience score (the only one the brides award personally) can't influence the outcome particularly..... Much fairer results have come as a result.
  • Options
    KIZZY007KIZZY007 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    There are so many lovely cheese dishes to be savoured, on toast, jacket potato, omelette etc. even cauliflower cheese but I have never seen these items on a menu giving a choice of different cheeses before. I wonder if Trish has such a choice at her establishment. But I must say for me "the candles using up all the oxygen" was the prize comment.
  • Options
    anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect that Trish is in reallity a lovely person but has been the unfortunate one this week to fall for the goading antics of the Production Company.

"Why not mention the candles," they'd say, "why not have a dig at the lack of cheese on the menu," they'd suggest.

There's always one competitor who'll fall for it and thus become the object of internet hate campaigns and ruining their business in the short term.
This discussion has been closed.