Options

Just watching the Peter Barlow bigamy scenes. But..Simon's mum..?

starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
Forum Member
I'd no idea Simon's mum was the florist. Why doesn't she return?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeoauiI8YEQ
(24 minute clip where Peter's secret unravels)

Comments

• Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's sort of dead...
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    She's sort of dead...

:o thats sad, shes a good character
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She the actress out of Spaced, it was a pretty good storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o thats sad, shes a good character

Yeah, I much preferred Lucy to Shelleh. She died of cancer IIRC, and that's how Simon came to live with Peter when he returned.
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That episode knocks a million spots off any thing they've produced recently. The three main actors involved are fantastic, especially the one who plays Shelley. I had tears in my eyes at the end :blush: her distress was tangible.

The sub-plot with Vera's hash cakes was hilarious too, actual comedy just teetering on the edge of being ludicrous but without falling headlong into facical unlike the recent old tosh such as Kirky' proposal or something.
  • Options
    kingcnutkingcnut Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I don't get is how that Simon kid obviously has mixed race heritage and Lucy was blonde??
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    king**** wrote: »
    What I don't get is how that Simon kid obviously has mixed race heritage and Lucy was blonde??

I'm blonde but I wasn't born that way. Husband is Latin (could be taken for mixed race) and two of my kids are dark like him, the other is ginger - where did that come from? Genetics are not always obvious.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    king**** wrote: »

Maybe one of Lucy's parents was of mixed race ?
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe one of Lucy's parents was of mixed race ?

Not likely. probable reason is that the actor is mixed race. they though he was a good actor so they chose him.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not likely. probable reason is that the actor is mixed race. they though he was a good actor so they chose him.

I was answering the people who dont believe a blonde can have a mixed race child.

I know he's only an actor. :p
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy has brown eyes though doesn't she, and I'm assuming isn't a natural blonde? Her skin tone isn't a 'pink' as it would be if she was. So it's conceivable the actress could be from a number of ethnic backgrounds. Therefore her on screen son looking mixed race would not necessarily be that astonishing.

Not that I imagine that was given a second thought when they cast Simon admittedly :laugh:
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd no idea Simon's mum was the florist. Why doesn't she return?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeoauiI8YEQ
    (24 minute clip where Peter's secret unravels)

She died. :(
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »
    That episode knocks a million spots off any thing they've produced recently. The three main actors involved are fantastic, especially the one who plays Shelley. I had tears in my eyes at the end :blush: her distress was tangible.

The sub-plot with Vera's hash cakes was hilarious too, actual comedy just teetering on the edge of being ludicrous but without falling headlong into facical unlike the recent old tosh such as Kirky' proposal or something.
    Jack & vera were much loved characters there isn't any one of their ilk anymore.

The Tracy/Roy/Hayley story was another good one. This was Corrie's last golden age.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Genetics aren't a precise science - M OH and I are both dark-haired; one of us has blue eyes. One of our sons has blond curls (like one of my grandfathers) and blue eyes, the others are dark-haired with brown eyes. Our daughter has skin which tans even under strip lighting (she is never pale), which she gets from one of my OH's grandads. She is often a very different colour to me.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bigamist plot was one of Corrie's best.
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, why is Lucy's last name Richards when her father's name was Wilson?
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of curiosity, why is Lucy's last name Richards when her father's name was Wilson?

Lucy's father had walked out on her as a child and lost contact with her and her mother. Presumably Richards was her mothers name which she took in the absence of her dad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the clip in full. A very, very sexy woman was Lucy, why Peter wanted mutton to go with his lamb is beyond me.