Options

BNP Election candidate says Cumbrian shooter should have targeted immigrants

withoutmotivewithoutmotive Posts: 594
Forum Member
✭✭
(apologies for the massive title)

http://lancasteruaf.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-wish-cumbrian-murderer-shot-illegal.html

Seriously, this woman should be ashamed of herself but, from what is in this article, she clearly isn't. The things she put on Facebook certainly upset me. It's awful.
"Ok, so I may well get in to trouble for saying this - but I've got to get it off my chest. I wish that Derrick Bird could have come down to London & shot dead some illegal immigrants, rather than killing his fellow British people. If that offends you then tough; it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it."

How can you even think about saying something like that??

Comments

• Options
    stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a disgusting moron who should be arrested for incitement of religious and racist violence.

What a scumbag she is, and representative of the scum the BNP have as a party.

She looks inbred and fugly too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    What a beast............ "It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it".......... bet she loses interest in that game if somebody was the turn the hateful eye on her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    except what did immigrants do to Derrick Bird?
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,642
    Forum Member
    This goes to show why we need to keep these morons away from any semblance of power.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    I don't think she is entitled to her opinion... she's spreading a message of racial hate.
  • Options
    WoddyWoddy Posts: 1,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard Derrick Bird related "jokes" from people who don't vote or are even associated with the BNP ...

:sleep:
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love stories like this. The more the BNP are represented as knuckle-dragging mouthbreathers, the better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woddy wrote: »
    I've heard Derrick Bird related "jokes" from people who don't vote or are even associated with the BNP ...

:sleep:

Since when was this a joke? She was quite serious about what she said.

There is a difference between joking to difuse your feelings on a situation (9/11 and Diana jokes only a few hours after they both happened) and saying you wish someone had committing massacres against immigrants instead of Britons.
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,642
    Forum Member
    KBBJ wrote: »
    I love stories like this. The more the BNP are represented as knuckle-dragging mouthbreathers, the better.

They do a pretty good job of making themselves look ridiculous. Even the "respectable" facade of Nick Griffin wasn't enough for them to win anything like the support they thought they'd get in the general election.

Thankfully most of the British electorate are not stupid enough to fall for the rubbish they spout.
  • Options
    Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Member of a racist group spouts racist views. In other breaking news, the Earth is currently revolving around the Sun.
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Free speech: unless you disagree with that they say.

So what if someone has an outrageous opinion? If they are willing to defend it and face any consequences then they have every right to speak. No one has the right to tell that person not to say those things - you can be disgusted all you like though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,908
    Forum Member
    (apologies for the massive title)

http://lancasteruaf.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-wish-cumbrian-murderer-shot-illegal.html

Seriously, this woman should be ashamed of herself but, from what is in this article, she clearly isn't. The things she put on Facebook certainly upset me. It's awful.

How can you even think about saying something like that??

I would hope she is questioned for inciting racial hatred and violence.
    a string of hate-filled rants and calls for violence against "pakis" through her Facebook page.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »

So what if someone has an outrageous opinion? If they are willing to defend it and face any consequences then they have every right to speak. No one has the right to tell that person not to say those things.

Point taken about free speech but what's the defence against something like that?
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even better, why didn't Derrick Bird go on a shooting spree of BNP members?
  • Options
    GraathusGraathus Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe her reasoning went like this...

So according to the BNP immigrants cause lots of crime.

More crime increases the chance of a gun being involved, so a greater chance of the immigrant having a gun.

So if the guy went after immigrants there would be a greater chance an armed citizen would have been able to stop the massacre.

It also works for muslims, just replace crime/guns with terrorism/nail bombs.
  • Options
    Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So what if someone has an outrageous opinion? If they are willing to defend it and face any consequences then they have every right to speak. No one has the right to tell that person not to say those things - you can be disgusted all you like though.

Exactly.
    Freedom of speech works both ways, and to say otherwise is to endorse censorship.
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Point taken about free speech but what's the defence against something like that?

I meant 'defend the point' as opposed to backing down as soon as they are questioned on it, I personally don't hold that opinion so I can't even fathom the reasoning behind it - that doesn't mean I don't think it she should have that opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Graathus wrote: »
    Maybe her reasoning went like this...

So according to the BNP immigrants cause lots of crime.

More crime increases the chance of a gun being involved, so a greater chance of the immigrant having a gun.

So if the guy went after immigrants there would be a greater chance an armed citizen would have been able to stop the massacre.

It also works for muslims, just replace crime/guns with terrorism/nail bombs.

..errmmm nope...I would imagine her only reason is that she is a hate filled prejudiced racist bigot.
  • Options
    The SnakesThe Snakes Posts: 8,940
    Forum Member
    She said ILLEGAL immigrants, not immigrants in general.

Given the choice between criminals being killed, and law-abiding people being killed, I'd choose the former. I don't think I am unusual in that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Funny, incitement to racial hatred in the Justice and Public Order Act (1994) and the Race Relations Act (1976) says otherwise.

But you spout that jingoistic nonsense about free speech all you like. There is no such thing and hasn't been for at least 30 years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Snakes wrote: »

Given the choice between criminals being killed, and law-abiding people being killed, I'd choose the former. I don't think I am unusual in that.

..and what about her incitement to racial hatred and violence, I don't see this directed towards illegal immigrants, and if they were illegal, we don't have a shoot to kill policy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm amazed you still get allowed to post on here, with some of the hateful things you come out with. Illegal or not, you do not have the right to wish someone gun them down and kill them.

Someone posted on Twitter that "Robin Hood airport is closed. You've got a week and a bit to get your shit together, otherwise I'm blowing the airport sky high!!" and he ended up in court and convicted. Wishing murder on someone is far worse than this, yet no one is going to do shit about this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Illegal or not, I don't think it's a reason to wish for them killed.
  • Options
    The SnakesThe Snakes Posts: 8,940
    Forum Member
    Illegal or not, I don't think it's a reason to wish for them killed.
    I don't wish them to be killed, but if x number of people are going to die, I don't think it's unreasonable to say "I hope it's criminals and not law-abiders". In the same way that if someone you know dies you might wonder why it was them and not a bad person that died.
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is that you, Charlotte?