The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RogerMilla wrote: »
    Here we go again! Ht 17 and please vote by 2pm next Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiH3fvCRQTt_JH0f-nLZoj9jb6t_TcsGk

2 of my top 20 ESC songs ever in this heat,appeared 10 years apart, and one of them bombed badly ... chance for redemption (but you all hate it, this week will be my Donny Montell moment :( )
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ht 16 result and regular voters Fudd and Saturn were missing in action this week. Come back asap!

Perhaps not the strongest of weeks and we nearly have a first ever nul point in these second round heats!

http://tummiweb.com/scorewiz/scoreboard/view/57933/eurovision-poll-rd2-ht16

First 6 to qualify

A reminder would have been nice! I think I would have got I Evighet to equal 6th or a point behind. Joan and Euroband would have been a lot closer too.
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I evighet is one of the most shitty songs ever from norway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »

What Norwegian songs do you actually like? I can't remember you voting for any of them.
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    What Norwegian songs do you actually like? I can't remember you voting for any of them.

I Voted for 93 but that was a mistake.

I like 88,87,84,79,77,60,03.... Maybe some more
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ht 16 result and regular voters Fudd and Saturn were missing in action this week. Come back asap!

Perhaps not the strongest of weeks and we nearly have a first ever nul point in these second round heats!

http://tummiweb.com/scorewiz/scoreboard/view/57933/eurovision-poll-rd2-ht16

First 6 to qualify

What a hideous set of results
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A reminder would have been nice! I think I would have got I Evighet to equal 6th or a point behind. Joan and Euroband would have been a lot closer too.

It was a travesty Elizabeth didn't get through:mad: You should have voted!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »

You bitch!!
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Beggar - sorry; I knew I'd forgotten to do something. :o I'll be back next week. :)
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully when the BBC make the announcement they'll check that the artist is in the country at the time and how about making the song available for download immediately. Even with the cocked-up announcement last year Engelbert received huge press coverage and if the song had been available it could've made top 10. Will they ever learn that waiting till the week of Eurovision to release the song is pointless.

no song by Engelbert Humperdinck was ever going to make the top 10 whenever it was released. After 7.5 million Brits watched it on the night all it could manage was the dizzyting heights of #60.
  • Andrea_ParmaAndrea_Parma Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Perhaps we can begin to pencil in Marco Mengoni for Italy http://www.eurofestival.ws/2013/02/16/sara-marco-mengoni-a-rappresentare-litalia-alleurovision-song-contest-2013/ (this site got the last two entries correct could still be wrong)

His Sanremo songs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSDgWxVKyvc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qn21SUuoYA

The main sticking point he could end up winning Sanremo which might be a sticking point.

It seems it has been confirmed that it's Mengoni for Italy as other Italian media outlets are reporting the news. They also say that he hasn't chose the song yet and they are considering also non San Remo songs from his new album.

At least you are all spared from having to watch the never ending San Remo final. :p
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no song by Engelbert Humperdinck was ever going to make the top 10 whenever it was released. After 7.5 million Brits watched it on the night all it could manage was the dizzyting heights of #60.

You appeared to have missed the point. Of course it's going to flop after finishing second bottom but release it when the hype is huge and it'll have a much greater chance of being a hit and it may even have a second wind come Eurovision. It's the arrogance of the BBC who still think they're in with a chance of winning Eurovision regardless of the song that they release it in Eurovision week or in the case of Jade, the week after. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You appeared to have missed the point. Of course it's going to flop after finishing second bottom but release it when the hype is huge and it'll have a much greater chance of being a hit and it may even have a second wind come Eurovision. It's the arrogance of the BBC who still think they're in with a chance of winning Eurovision regardless of the song that they release it in Eurovision week or in the case of Jade, the week after. :confused:

You really think viewers thought 'i like that song, i'm going to buy it.... but it finished 2nd bottom, maybe not'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    ...Of course it's going to flop after finishing second bottom...

Scooch finished second bottom yet 'Flying The Flag" got to #5 on the British chart. The song was also released during the week of the contest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a timetable for tonight, please? :)
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm loving Falling. Very radio friendly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Tonight's times:

MelFest Heat 3: 7 - 8.30
    A Dal Heat 3: 7.15 - 9.05
    Dziesma Final: 7.25 - 10.45
    Eesti Laul: 7.35 - 8.50
    San Remo: 8 - the end of time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You really think viewers thought 'i like that song, i'm going to buy it.... but it finished 2nd bottom, maybe not'?
    Yes, it's "tainted" and will affect sales. Release (me) early when hope is fresh and expectations high and the sky's the limit.
    EuroChris wrote: »
    Scooch finished second bottom yet 'Flying The Flag" got to #5 on the British chart. The song was also released during the week of the contest.
    Sounds like a BBC execs justification for sticking to this routine. ;)
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    Katsuya wrote: »
    Tonight's times:

You mind reader -- was just going to ask...:D It's a 7.15 start for me...;)
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would the BBC have any say when a record company releases a song?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    Tonight's times:

Thanks. :) I might try and keep Sweden, Estonia and Latvia going at the same time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would the BBC have any say when a record company releases a song?

It's the BBC, they're all powerful.:p;) If a record company had free reign surely they'd make the song available immediately it's announced like in other countries especially in the "digital age". Releasing during Eurovision week has been the tradition since......Teddy Carr and Pearl Johnson.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the BBC, they're all powerful.:p;) If a record company had free reign surely they'd make the song available immediately it's announced like in other countries especially in the "digital age". Releasing during Eurovision week has been the tradition since......Teddy Carr and Pearl Johnson.

Hardly any act outside of ESC release the song and put it up for sale the same time. Two months is rare but several do this. 5 weeks seems common
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    I think that cascada girl can sing, but she butchers that chorus for most of the song!
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Does Elin stand any chance of not being last tonight?
This discussion has been closed.