Options

Best thing about DWTS vs SCD

SuzeieSuzeie Posts: 352
Forum Member
You can vote online from anywhere in the world!! I just registered with abc.com and have submitted my votes. I know SCD is for charity and needs to raise money via the phone vote but there is still no reason not to have a premium line phone number for Irish viewers - they do it for X Factor and I think you can vote for BB too. It nearly drove me insane last year :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    How did you get away with entering up a zip code?

Just answered my own question - I entered up a friend's zip code who lives in the USA! I have voted 5 times for Mel and Maks :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Force Ten wrote: »
    How did you get away with entering up a zip code?

Sorta made one up:o - just look up an address in the States and use the zip code for that city. I had been on hols in Chicago recently and the zip code was 43215, so I whacked that in to the registration on ABC and bingo! It doesn't seem to be as exact as UK postcodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I put two votes for Mel B and Maks, two for Helio and Julianne and 1 for Jennie and Derek.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzeie wrote: »
    Sorta made one up:o - just look up an address in the States and use the zip code for that city. I had been on hols in Chicago recently and the zip code was 43215, so I whacked that in to the registration on ABC and bingo! It doesn't seem to be as exact as UK postcodes.

Wow, I didn't know you could do that!!

Excellent tip, Suzeie!! :)

Might give it a go and send a few votes in Mel and Maks' direction.

xx

Just had a thought and I cracked myself up (I can be easily amused :o) You could put the postcode 90210 as a hommage to Jennie! :) (like I said: easily amused! :D)
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL! That was funny. :D

Can you all vote for me, I'm not registered! Don't mind who as long as it's not Cameron & Edyta. :o
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never realised we could vote for dwts! Great info, folks, thank you. LOVE dwts!
  • Options
    RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought it was a laugh to "raise from the dead" one of the oldest posts in the subforum and to remind folks this still works. . . :D

Just in Preparation for those that didn't know. :)

Raven.

p.s Mel-B was never gonna win :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah yes, that's true, but it was Maks I was voting for really!

Suzeie
  • Options
    XioXio Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Suzeie wrote: »

Just use "90210" :p
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raven wrote: »
    Just thought it was a laugh to "raise from the dead" one of the oldest posts in the subforum and to remind folks this still works. . . :D

Just in Preparation for those that didn't know. :)

Raven.

p.s Mel-B was never gonna win :p

Thanks for that, Raven. I had completely forgotten we could vote for dwts - must get registered as it starts soon. Can't wait.... yippeeeee
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too! I haven't voted since the lovely Tye was dancing! :D
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I just ask though......as DWTS is not shown live here wouldnt the vote lines be closed anyway once we see the dances.
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people come here and watch the YT clips and then vote. You have until 12:00 noon Pacific Standard Time the next day to get your vote in on-line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also we don't all wait until the show is broadcast in the UK - you can download it the next day. :o:D
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the US - occasionally we get reports that they're trying to "crack down" on so-called illegal voting (mainly fan groups getting together to robo-vote), so I'd recommend that not everyone from the UK use 90210 - they might decide to start checking the isp or whatever it's called to see if the votes are coming from the US or not. Just get online and find a random city to check the zip for - Miami or Cincinnati or Seattle, etc.

Supposedly, they caught Kim Kardashian hiring a computer geek to help her cheat one time and they disqualified her votes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    I'm in the US - occasionally we get reports that they're trying to "crack down" on so-called illegal voting (mainly fan groups getting together to robo-vote), so I'd recommend that not everyone from the UK use 90210 - they might decide to start checking the isp or whatever it's called to see if the votes are coming from the US or not. Just get online and find a random city to check the zip for - Miami or Cincinnati or Seattle, etc.

Supposedly, they caught Kim Kardashian hiring a computer geek to help her cheat one time and they disqualified her votes.

Thanks Elsa. I can't remember, do you need to type in a zip code to vote or just to register on the site? I'm already registered, but I can't remember what information I gave to register.
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elsa has a point. The Beverly Hills zips are a little suspect. I know people do power voting (meaning they create 100s of email addresses in order to get their votes in). Who has the time for that unless you can hire an assistant like Kim K. Random zips are probably better and and easily googled. PIck a State, haha.
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember either, BuddyBontheNet. Sorry! But I don't think you need to keep re-entering the zip code - just the username and the password.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted, wrong thread :)