Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    :eek: No!!! Is his universal nickname not Uncle Chuckletrousers?

Yep - I was as shocked as you are ;)

But, I do have a vague recollection of a smile being cracked every once in a while - although I could be mistaken...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    for any of the irish posters on here- i had the pleasure of meeting hector( minor idiot of a celebrity in ireland) at several race meetings over the years - and he is so rude . actually he is possibilly the rudest individual i have ever met.

we asked him how is horse was - and he unleashed a tirad of abuse at us at galway races one year, one of the girls was getting an autograph at the time ...needless to say we handed the paper back to him - what an arse

met alex ferguson aswell - and he was a real gentleman - he was in great form cos his horse had just won a big race.
  • MonkeylalalaMonkeylalala Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: No!!! Is his universal nickname not Uncle Chuckletrousers?

Come on, he's universally known as being a miserable old git, that nickname must be a joke.
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SourCherry wrote: »
    I met Gail Porter a couple of months ago at lunchtime outside a restaurant in London. I didn't say anything to her, I was just having a cigarette, but she offered me some nuts as the bar staff had brought her too many bowls :)

We were chatting and she was telling me about a 20-something she's sleeping with - haha.

She was very bubbly, friendly and quite funny actually.

No matter wahat anyone has ever said about her she is a 'Star Wars' fan and action figure collector, like Simon Pegg and Eamonn Holmes and therefore a diamond geezer(ette?).
  • SquishySquishy Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still can't say I've met any that have been hidious! Chris Rea was a little...reserved, but it was pretty early.
  • alimialimi Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My son is partially sighted and he and the six other Visially Impaired kids in his school got free tickets to see Hairspray.
    When they arrived, who should meet them at the door but Phil Jupitus. He gave them a tour of the set and introduced them to the other cast members.
    If that wasn't enough he took them to a room, picked up a guitar and spent ages telling them jokes, chatting and making up funny songs with their pets names in them.

An absolute legend who ensured that when I met their little minibus at the school to collect my son, every single kid got off with the biggest smile on their face:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soilhoof wrote: »
    That was kind of his job, wasn't it? Professional misanthrope? There are some celebs who are gloriously nasty. People queue up to hear the disdainful ripostes of Christopher Plummer ('The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus; 'Up') after, several years ago, a fan went up to him, complimented his work and asked for an autograph. Plummer responded with "Why don't you f- off back up whatever hole you crawled out of!" at which the autograph hunter punched him. First recorded instance of the fan hitting the shit.

Old joke, I'm afraid. That exact story and gag was being told about the loathesome Rex Harrison back in the 50s...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Aww, that's lovely. It's nice when you hear something so nice about someone you like. Bet the kids had a great time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duryea wrote: »
    Aww, that's lovely. It's nice when you hear something so nice about someone you like. Bet the kids had a great time.

They did. The funny thing is that my Daughter and I love Buzzcocks and Phil, but my son didn't even know who he was until he heard the teachers talking about it on the way home.
    He just thought it was a nice, funny man.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alimi wrote: »
    They did. The funny thing is that my Daughter and I love Buzzcocks and Phil, but my son didn't even know who he was until he heard the teachers talking about it on the way home.
    He just thought it was a nice, funny man.
    Wow what a nice guy. I've always like him and I like him even more now.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can definitely imagine Phil being funny. There was one programme I sometimes watched where he was a member of the panel and he used to have me laughing with the way he'd keep a straight face whilst he came out with something funny :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I can definitely imagine Phil being funny. There was one programme I sometimes watched where he was a member of the panel and he used to have me laughing with the way he'd keep a straight face whilst he came out with something funny :D

I thought he was nice when I saw him on Buzzcocks with Duppy and he pretended to be offended. Duppy seemed genuinely gutted to have upset him.
    My sons experience just confirmed this. I wish he could read this thread to see how he made my little uns day
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alimi wrote: »
    I thought he was nice when I saw him on Buzzcocks with Duppy and he pretended to be offended. Duppy seemed genuinely gutted to have upset him.
    My sons experience just confirmed this. I wish he could read this thread to see how he made my little uns day
    If you're on twitter you can tell him yourself, he's @JupitusPhillip. Tell him how fab he is in 140 characters or less, now there's a challenge!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're on twitter you can tell him yourself, he's @JupitusPhillip. Tell him how fab he is in 140 characters or less, now there's a challenge!:)

Thanks Alfie, i'll have to join up first.
    Another story for you, Ronnie Corbett, complete tool. Back in the seventies my big brother and his mate caddied for him all day unofficially (they were in their early teens)
    He was completely obnoxious to them and then at the end of a long session gave them 50p to share:eek:
    On the other hand, his wife Ann used to come into my mums work and was a complete sweetheart. Never let on who she was either, it was just generally known.
    Great thread BTW:)
  • MonkeylalalaMonkeylalala Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Harris used to drink round a lot of pubs in the Strand (not sure if orange juice or if it had something in it) in the early noughties. I worked in one. He once lit my husband's spliff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    nice people ive met:

Ian Brown of the Stone Roses - very relaxed and frindly

Mark Owen - just as nice as he always apears on tv, very polite

lenny henry - lovely and surprisingly quietly spoken

brett anderson of suede - spent ages talking to fans outside their soundcheck but i was way too starstruck to speak - when i eventually did, i stared at his shoes!!

graham fellows aka john shuttleworth - a fantastic, lovely man who spent ages talking to everyone

i've never met lee evans but he seems to be widely recognised as someone who spends hours chatting to fans after his gigs. anyone had this experience?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Braintree wrote: »
    But if you were a true fan you wouldn't approach someone whilst they were shopping in Tesco or out with their family. Living in London I see a few celebrities around but would never bother them if they were doing something unrelated to their work.

If you mean a backstage encounter(that sounds rude, but I don't know what else to call it) such as after a gig and the celebrity is rude then yes that is unacceptable because the fan has usually paid to come along and support them.

I am such a hypocrite! Last night I was in the Penderal's Oak in Holborn and the people I was with noticed that a lot of comedians were in the same bar. I ended up being forced to approach Justin Edwards(he was in the thick of it and is Jeremy Lion) who was very nice and agreed to do an interview for an internet radio station.

To make it more embarrassing he was on his Stag night (he's marrying Lucy Porter :)), hence all his comedy friends!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    My dad met alec ferguson and thought he was very rude.... mind you he did insult man utd so maybe he deserved it :p

also my cousin's husband works with louis walsh often and some of my relations have met him or spoken to him on the phone and all found him extremely rude and stuck up!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Gareth David-Lloyd on Saturday night (Ianto Jones from Torchwood). Me & the best friend travelled up to Preston where he's appearing in Cinderella in the tiniest theatre you can ever imagine (the top floor of a shopping centre, oddly enough). We were set on going once we'd finished sobbing over Ianto's demise :( He came scurrying out in his costume for a cigarette in the customer smoking area in the interval, and was just so normal and lovely. He was approached by someone for a photo mid puff, which I found a bit off, but he just smiled and said he'd do it after the show, and I was lucky enough to get a photo also. So softly spoken and normal it was unnerving, absolutely adorable!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Lets not lie about this, and lets not do the whole "I know a very famous person but I cant possibly tell you who they are or what they are like..." thing...

Just tell us which celebs you have ever met, whether they were nice or not and any interesting stories you have about them!
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) - met him at a Good Charlotte concert, he was very chatty and friendly, he asked me wether I had made my torn-up ridiciulous pop-punk top myself and was very obliging when we asked for photos with him.

Gaynor Faye & Sherrie Hewson - at a Butlins "celeb" signing! Dont remember Gaynor saying anything, but Sherrie was very bubbly and chirpy.

Ant & Dec - not exactly met but they hung out of a window when we were queuing at a PJ & Duncan gig years ago and encouraged the crowd to sing with them. They seemed sweet!

Sandi Thom - at a concert of hers. She was very quiet but seemed nice enough.

Carole Thatcher - a bit mad/batty but very nice and chatty.

Sheree Murphy & Anthony Costa - signed autographs and not much else.

Jimmy Osmond and some of the other Osmond brothers- VERY friendly! Seemed lovely.

Nicola Roberts - Went to college with her. She was EXTREMELY quiet and shy, but seemed nice enough.
  • burbsburbs Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay Z - amazing, genius and very down to earth.

JLS - 2 were really nice, 2 were a nightmare.

David Jason - was ok

Akon - Awesome guy, very humble and even though he had a massive entourage was still in control of everything personally.

Flo Rida - idiot, horrible guy and his management team were even worse.

Ironik - not too famous but still a really nice guy.

Chipmunk - moan, moan, moan

Some others but they are all in the other thread so no point going into them again.
    Forum Member
    Which 2 of JLS were a nightmare and how so?
    I love JLS lol.
  • burbsburbs Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which 2 of JLS were a nightmare and how so?
    I love JLS lol.

JB and Aston were awesome guys. I put events on in nightclubs and we did JLS when they were supporting Lemar in the UK tour that he did.

JB and Aston stayed at the nightclub after they performed until 4 o clock in the morning with myself and some other people. Aston even had a dance off with a local dance crew that were in the club. They really were the most down to earth guys you could meet.

The other 2 were very moody and as soon as they stepped off the stage they wanted a car back to the hotel. They refused to speak to anybody, no photos, no autographs etc. They said they were tired so it was understandable I guess.