gorgeous Mark Ramprakash (Part 19)

Good morning:)

It certainly is to the point nic! I suppose we can be glad if he's not selected for England.....not really likely to happen.......we get to see him play 'close up' for 6 months!! Woohoo!!

Have a good day all xxx

Admin Edit: This thread has been split into 19 parts to make processing easier a fill list of parts is below:
gorgeous Mark Ramprakash
Part 1, 2, 3, 4, Part 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, Part 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, Part 15, 16, 17, 18, Part 19

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning.

I hope that you all had a good Easter but it has been brrrrr....

A special good morning to McRampants as I'm sitting in a lovely abode North of the Border. I did a bit of my own thudding yesterday but not of the best sort. :o *pesky inconvenient snow and ice*:o

The cricket season is coming ever closer..... :D

Have a good day. :)
  • arddunolarddunol Posts: 12,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice pics !

They won't recall him . There would have to be an epidemic of some debilitating bug to get him back in the team ; it doesn't matter .
    I do find it hard to see why in his case forgiveness and forgetting is out of the question , whilst others have more lives than a cat .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    The part of Mark's interview where he discusses the possibility of scoring his 100th hundred is now audible.

http://www.surreycricket.tv/page/Features/Interviews/0,,12546~1267638,00.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh thank you La Triviata:)

I have been trying Pink Dragon's idea of lip reading...and you can imagine what a hard time I've had, staring at that mouth and those lips for absolute aaaages;):D....well, someone had to!!:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blacklace wrote: »
    I have been trying Pink Dragon's idea of lip reading...and you can imagine what a hard time I've had, staring at that mouth and those lips for absolute aaaages;):D....well, someone had to!!:D:D
    How HAVE you coped???! LOL :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How HAVE you coped???! LOL :D

It was a struggle s-f.....I had to take hard line and force myself to deal with this...I'm glad La T came up with the clip, cos I kept losing my concentration......dunno why!:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,416
    Forum Member
    Evening all ...hope you are ok and have had a good Easter . Sorry i've been AWOL - so much cricket, so little time :p

peppy5 wrote: »
    Mark looking so gorgeous on sky this morning, and sooo articulate. He and Colville wearing the testimonial ties! Noticed he's still not wearing his rings though...

Someone else was wearing the blue Ramps tie on Saturday to match his sparkly blue eyes :o;)
    Oh thank you La Triviata:)

Bet that's been torture for you BL :p Thanks for all the links and pics :D

YAY for the Wimbledon tickets DF .
  • Coody MowCoody Mow Posts: 3,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all. Hope you are all okay. Soz have not been around, just not been well still, but finally had me minor op last week, so hopefully am on the mend. Laid up recuperating at the mo, for such a trivial thing.....but got so incensed reading the 'Mail' today and Anton ******* Du Beke that i had to come on here. I have tried really really hard to lose weight and am now an official 14/16....so for him to say that all fat people should be shot has made me angry and a little tearful. i used to like him eons ago....he can go get stuffed now.

I even started a thread I was so cross.:mad::cry:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=767965

Again, sorry I have been a bad rampant just the daft trivial health thing got me down and brought back a few other health problems of mine so have been pretty miserable the last few months and didn't want to bother ya all and drone on.

But hey, England are doing okay and county cricket starts next week...got my membership card today, yay!!!! So maybe things are looking up!

Love to you all and kisses.

xxx
    Forum Member
    Hello Coody ,........sorry to hear that you have been unwell but hope you are on the way to recovery after your op xx Big hugs to you .

Sod Anton ......i'm a size 14/16 and happy but definitely not fat :mad:

Hoping England will wrap things up early tonight so i can get some sleep :D My membership card should arrive next week .

Take care and hope to see you again soon xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nic2001 wrote: »
    Hi anyone that's still around,
    hope everyone had a good easter.
    Can't believe I missed mark on sky again. Does anyone know if there are any clips on the sky website?
    This article is certainly to the point. http://www.sportingo.com/cricket/a7802_why-isnt-mark-ramprakash-england-team

Hallelujah, someone talking sense for once. :rolleyes: Though I have to agree with Arddy and Lacey, it's never gonna happen! England's loss is very much Surrey's gain, and frankly it would serve the selectors right if 2008 did see a 3rd consecutive average of over 100.

Coody, hugs to you, hon, am sorry to hear things have ben so down for you but I'm glad you're on the mend now. :) And pay no bl***y attention to that article - I would never in a million years describe a woman of size 14/16 as fat! :mad:

Hello to the lovely Bear! xxx
    Forum Member
    Evening lovely SF .....how are you ? :)

I'm a size 14/16 and don't consider myself fat - it's the child-bearing hips i blame :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am bouncy and chirpy, thanks Bear! :D How's you?

While I was at uni I was a size 14/16 and would not have thought of myself as fat. Curvy, yes, but not fat! :mad: I lost weight after I left uni (not deliberately, I think it was probably having access to my mother's healthier cooking that did it!) and am now size 12 in most things, with the occasional 14 thrown in depending on the clothing make. But am still curvy, that will never change - it's my body's basic shape and I don't see why I should be ashamed of that. I may not have the healthiest diet in the world and I may not exercise all that often, but neither do I stuff myself with takeaways 3 times a day. So stuff Mr du Beke!
    Forum Member
    I'm tired but not too bad thanks SF ...hoping England wrap up the test quickly so i can get some sleep :D

And well said .....stuff him :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like them to wrap it up quickly too, Bear! :eek: Hope you can go back to "normal" sleeping once this is over!
  • Coody MowCoody Mow Posts: 3,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still angry so am now off for some wine!!!

Hi Bear (huge hugs and sorry for being such a shite pal..truely) and SF....thankyou for your lovely comments.

I get in a pickle alot, and say the wrong things, so when I get stressed you are better off me not being about or I will just end up apologizing to you all every other post!! I post sometimes on the odd other forum, but only once in a while and if someone says something I worry that I have upset them about...I disappear for months at a time!!! :D

But I'll be back when all is sorted in the old real life! Be afraid! Be very afraid. (Why am I writing my post in movie taglines?):rolleyes:

I was a size 22, 18 months ago...had such fun today downsizing my wardrobe! I chucked out everything over a size 16! So no, I don't think 14/16 is fat at all...I feel positively thin now! But I got incensed on behalf of people who were the size I was not so long ago and the ignorant ones comments. Don't for one minute think I meant that 14/16 is fat! (See what I mean...am worrying already! :D)

I was talking about my time before that. I got a size 14 dress last week.....which of course has a plunging cleavage...just right for sitting in front of my favourite player of all time.... Andrew Strauss...... in 10 days!!!!!:D

Take care all and come on England!!!!

Edit: waves to Miah below and apologizes for being such a shite pal to her too.

One day I'll explain why I go AWOL so much and hopefully you'll all forgive me. If not, you can always borrow Anton's gun for fat people, and shoot me. ;)

xxx
  • MiahMiah Posts: 3,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a size 14, heading slowly down towards a 12, and it's taken a year and three months to lose 3 stone in weight. I wasn't comfortable at a size 18 (just didn't feel that healthy) but people automatically assume that you're that size because you stuff your face all day - that's not always the case - and if Anton did suggest that he's about as far away from the truth as you can get. We larger people don't all live on lard butties and deep fried mars bars! :mad:

In my case it wasn't over eating; it was lack of exercise due to not getting out the house. My trusty exercise bikes have enabled me to shed the pounds but I've always had curves and been proud of them, and even if I do get down to a 12 I still will be proud of them!

My weight loss was, ironically, inspired by watching Mark and Karen win Strictly in 2006, and all the hard work they put in struck a chord with me. I'm afraid all Anton's inspired me to do is wave two fingers in his general direction. :p
    Forum Member
    Well said Coody and Miah ....and well done on your weight loss .

Just watch who you are showing that cleavage to Coody :p

Don't worry Coody ...you don't have to explain anything . Just lovely to see you again xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a struggle s-f.....I had to take hard line and force myself to deal with this...I'm glad La T came up with the clip, cos I kept losing my concentration......dunno why!:rolleyes:
    LOL!
    Miah wrote: »
    I'm afraid all Anton's inspired me to do is wave two fingers in his general direction. :p
    Well said, Miah!

Been thinking about it, and at the BEST, Anton has unthinkingly made some offensive comments as some sort of "joke" which simply isn't funny... and that is the best light I can think of in which some of those comments can be portrayed unless someone has literally made them up (in which case expect to see him suing the paper any day now!). All these "it was tongue in cheek/he was joking" misses the fact that those supposed "jokes" are highly offensive. Lucky old Anton for having good health and the talent to have a job that keeps him in good shape. Give him a health problem that stopped him from getting all that exercise through no fault of his own and he'd be laughing on the other side of his face.
    Forum Member
    I'm off now to settle down for the last night of cricket .....night all , sweet dreams xx :)

Bye Coody...take care hon and hope to see you again soon xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said Bear, Coody, Sarah and Miah, and congrats to Coody and Miah for having enough will power and determination to lose weight because you wanted to, not because of what other people thought.

I probably could be thinner, but to be honest am happy enough with the way I am. And to me, that's the most important thing. If I decide to lose any weight in the future, it will be because I want to, not because I felt pressured into doing so.

Heading off for the night - COME ON ENGLAND! xxx See you all soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SalsaFan wrote: »
    I probably could be thinner, but to be honest am happy enough with the way I am. And to me, that's the most important thing. If I decide to lose any weight in the future, it will be because I want to, not because I felt pressured into doing so.
    Well said, SF!
  • CoronisCoronis Posts: 24,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Coody, lovely to see you and stuff Anton, he's said some :rolleyes: things before, but that takes the biscuit. Ooops best put down that biscuit, otherwise I'll be shot! :p Nitwit.....Hello everyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coronis wrote: »
    Hello Coody, lovely to see you and stuff Anton, he's said some :rolleyes: things before, but that takes the biscuit. Ooops best put down that biscuit, otherwise I'll be shot! :p Nitwit.....Hello everyone.

Hi Crow

Waves and hugs to Coody. THANK YOU for your thread. How crass can that man be? I hope he never suffers impaired mobility because then perhaps he'd understand.

I just have one more thing to say. :D:D If I provide the bullet will one of you pull the trigger
    ?. :D:D
  • CoronisCoronis Posts: 24,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL RD! :D Flying off to bed now, goodnight. xxxxxxxxx
  • arddunolarddunol Posts: 12,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning .
    Sorry I missed you Coody . but I totally agree with all you had to say on that thread .
This discussion has been closed.