Would you date someone with no teeth?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God isn't it weird that only a few decades ago people had their teeth out as a 'present'. My Nan had hers out at 31, some were bad but the trend was all out! She would never take her falsies out in front of us kidlings . Sad.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roland rat wrote: »
    So what happens, you date someone, they have denture, so do you ask them before heading to bedroom, do you have dentures:eek::eek:, and if they do tell them sorry date over:mad::o

Too right. I don't want someones dentures being pulled out by my pubes. That would really kill the mood.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »
    When did you become so fussy...:D:D

Since the night we made sweet, sweet love.
  • chriswyattchriswyatt Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too right. I don't want someones dentures being pulled out by my pubes. That would really kill the mood.

Good point. :D:D
  • IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    No. I love to snog and I'd never get any suction on her!
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since the night we made sweet, sweet love.

couldnt have been that bloody sweet...:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No freakin way! I couldn't even go for someone with bad teeth. No teeth is way to much of an ask.

I probably sound incredibly shallow but even the thought of it is sickening. What is more troubling is the underlying issue. People don't just 'loose their teeth' it shows an underlying problem with self respect, personal hygiene etc... So chances are that the lack of teeth would just be the tip of the iceberg.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Joe* wrote: »
    No freakin way! I couldn't even go for someone with bad teeth. No teeth is way to much of an ask.

I probably sound incredibly shallow but even the thought of it is sickening. What is more troubling is the underlying issue. People don't just 'loose their teeth' it shows an underlying problem with self respect, personal hygiene etc... So chances are that the lack of teeth would just be the tip of the iceberg.

Utter bollox

What abot gum disease
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »
    Utter bollox

What abot gum disease

According to Wikipedia the single biggest cause of gum disease is poor oral hygiene, followed by poor nutrition. Thus you have illustrated my point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Wikipedia the single biggest cause of gum disease is poor oral hygiene, followed by poor nutrition. Thus you have illustrated my point.

Maybe the biggest single cause...but not the only cause.

wouldnt you agree
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes I would but only if they had dental issues as the reason. I don't mean to be hurtful to anyone but a lot of people are a bit squeamish about the toothless look you know so not bothering to wear your dentures just cos you like how your gums feel would be a bit selfish unless you know your date would be cool with it i think.

However i think a toothless mouth can look incredibly cute - like a babies mouth. Incidentally, my current crush goes toothless most of the time but the poor guy has severe dental issues; he has massive bone loss and so his false teeth are very loose and hurt, but he can't get implants as he needs bone grafts due to all the bone loss and he can't afford it yet.
  • missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least they wouldn't borrow my toothbrush
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. When people have no teeth, it makes their gobs sit awkwardly, like gurning old men. Call me shallow, but it's a look that I really don't find sexy.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

What about if someone had say, a car crash, and got their teeth smashed out?

Even worse, if it was someone you were already in a relationship with (or possibly yourself)?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Even worse, if it was someone you were already in a relationship with (or possibly yourself)?

I would dump them for smashing up my car...:p
  • houseful1houseful1 Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was little my Parents and people used to say that if one of your tooth came out, then asked toput it underneath the pillow for the night and then in the morning it turns into a £1. I've tried to break most of my teeth for this myth of thinking of this for believing this crazy myth.
  • gavinfarrellygavinfarrelly Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    houseful1 wrote: »
    When I was little my Parents and people used to say that if one of your tooth came out, then put it under pillo for the night and then in the morning it turns into a £1. I've tried to break most of my teeth for this myth of thinking of this for believing this crazy myth.

With my kids, the myth is a tenner, not a pound.

Damn their grandma :mad:
  • the_daddythe_daddy Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great thread op.
  • houseful1houseful1 Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With my kids, the myth is a tenner, not a pound.

Damn their grandma :mad:

ahahaha you also carry the same myth to your kids.:D
  • scotty22scotty22 Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is something called standards...sleeping with somone with no teeth is like sleeping with fat hev of eastenders :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. When people have no teeth, it makes their gobs sit awkwardly, like gurning old men. Call me shallow, but it's a look that I really don't find sexy.

No it doesn't.

My wife of nearly 40 years had all her teeth removed when she was 16 because of gum disease.
    I met her when she was 19 and didn't even know she had false teeth.

Non of our friends and even my family don't know she has false teeth, you can't tell.

I've never seen her without her teeth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotty22 wrote: »
    there is something called standards...sleeping with somone with no teeth is like sleeping with fat hev of eastenders :eek:

I'll tell my wife that.
  • SyrenaSyrena Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am going through hell right now due to losing my top teeth after a painful accident and some of the comments on here have upset me deeply. Why are some people so shallow?

Just because I now wear upper dentures, doesn't mean that I am less worthy of having a loving relationship than someone who is fortunate enough to have their own teeth.

I rarely leave home now and I have lost all my confidence, so please spare a thought for those of us out there who aren't 'perfect' we still deserve love and to be loved for who we are.

I hope that those of you out there find the topic of false teeth so funny and abhorrent don't have the misfortune of losing your teeth one day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    No it doesn't.

My wife of nearly 40 years had all her teeth removed when she was 16 because of gum disease.
    I met her when she was 19 and didn't even know she had false teeth.

Non of our friends and even my family don't know she has false teeth, you can't tell.

I've never seen her without her teeth.

Thanks for this positive and mature post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scotty22 wrote: »

What if you loved them? Or is it not possible to love someone who has no teeth? I hope that you never suffer any sort of disabilty in your life.