Options

Officially Forgotten Storylines and Characters in Soaps

Comments

• Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, do Abi and Lauren still regard Dot as their grandma, given her marriage to Jim? It seems like a long time since they had any scenes with her.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally Webster (CS) has a sister, who she never mentions now.
    The shopkeeper, whose head Ross (ED) smashed in, was last seen in the intensive care ward at Hotten General, with his distraught wife at his bedside; has anyone thought to enquire about him?
    Ken has numerous children and grandchildren who have disappeared.
    Steve's (CS) twin brother Andy is seldom mentioned.
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The shopkeeper, whose head Ross (ED) smashed in, was last seen in the intensive care ward at Hotten General, with his distraught wife at his bedside; has anyone thought to enquire about him?
    Steve's (CS) twin brother Andy is seldom mentioned .

I think Liz mentioned Andy a few weeks ago when she went to stay with him, and wanted Steve to go with her. When she returned, she also told Tony about how Andy had said that Steve's lethargic behaviour may be due to a thyroid issue, causing her to book him an appointment at the doctors IIRC?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandy73 wrote: »
    And speaking of The Wicks clan, I was reminded of this seeing Jacqueline Leonard who is now playing Katy and Izzy's estranged mum Linda and back in the late '90s played David Wicks' ex wife Lorraine in Eastenders.

It's funny how Joe Wicks, Lorraine and David's son and Bianca's half brother has never been mentioned, not even in passing. I know the character had mental health issues but can't remember how he was written out of Eastenders.

There isn't really anyone to mention them now though is there? He was mentioned multiple times when Pat died, then Karen was mentioned after Lucy died.

http://youtu.be/GaKz7ZBIBYE
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    I think Liz mentioned Andy a few weeks ago when she went to stay with him, and wanted Steve to go with her. When she returned, she also told Tony about how Andy had said that Steve's lethargic behaviour may be due to a thyroid issue, causing her to book him an appointment at the doctors IIRC?!
    Thankyou, craig_25. Does anyone know why one twin, Andy, was written out of Corrie, and the other twin, Steve, left in?
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankyou, craig_25. Does anyone know why one twin, Andy, was written out of Corrie, and the other twin, Steve, left in?

Andy was axed back in 1997 from what I believe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone remind me what happened to the Butcher's kitten in EE? The one Dereck gave them. Didn't Bianca or Carol say they didn't want it, so who had it then? Did it just get taken back? Did Dereck kill it?
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Staceys Bi-Polar? I cant rememeber if it been mentioned since that storyline ended

Are you referring to the original story, or the recent one in which her bi-polar was used to spring her from jail?
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member

Must be a family thing Janet....Kevin never mentions his sister either or his half brother :D
    Sisters Debbie Webster
    Half brothers Carl Webster
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian sister died of a drugs overdose in EE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they ever explain what happened to Kim McFarlane in EE? She was relatively minor character in the late 90s/early 00s. Her brother was Mick (not Carter of course) and she was mates with Sonia. Mick went off to pursue his music career but they never officially wrote Kim out. She just disappeared soon after.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian sister died of a drugs overdose in EE

That was Donna Ludlow right?

Interesting trivia: the actress who played her appeared in Mr Bean as his girlfriend Irma Gobb:D
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was Donna Ludlow right?

Interesting trivia: the actress who played her appeared in Mr Bean as his girlfriend Irma Gobb:D

Yes i find it interesting how she is never referred too
  • Options
    inamicinamic Posts: 20
    Forum Member

sally mentioned her sister Gina tonight and stayed with her when she had cancer but Gina never comes to visit her.
    I love it when past characters pop up for odd episodes like Kirk & Maria's parents came to the wedding. I wish they would do that more often, I'd love to see Mavis come to visit Rita.
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    EastEnders:
    - Jay cheating on Abi with that girl from the caravan park.
    - Cindy Jnr stealing Phil's money and getting away with it.
    - Abi was supposed to be going to university, what is she doing now?
    - Alice Branning being a kleptomaniac.
    - Kat's sister Belinda.

Kyle123 wrote: »
    Nobody seems to remember that young girl who moved in with the Masoods, then fell in love with Mas. She was around for quite a while, but I can't even remember her name.

Her name was Ayesha. She was annoying!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    piggypug wrote: »
    EastEnders:
    - Jay cheating on Abi with that girl from the caravan park.
    - Cindy Jnr stealing Phil's money and getting away with it.
    - Abi was supposed to be going to university, what is she doing now?
    - Alice Branning being a kleptomaniac.
    - Kat's sister Belinda.

Jay never cheated on Abi. He only kissed that girl. It doesn't really need to be mentioned or remembered.

Belinda was always the outside Slater. The underdog. Her lack of mention isn't a shock.

Alice Branning's klepto moments were only her acting out over the stress with janine and michael. It wasn't something that needed to be explored more.

Cindy Jr nicking the money was exposed through Peter i believe.

Abi didn't get the right grades to get into Uni.
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    CS: Mary and Norris's obsession with entering competitions. That was how Mary came into the show in the first place. Never mentioned now.
  • Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,644
    Forum Member
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Must be a family thing Janet....Kevin never mentions his sister either or his half brother :D
    Sisters Debbie Webster
    Half brothers Carl Webster

To be honest I don't actually find this that unrealistic. Thinking of my own friends, they're not always talking about their brothers and sisters; in fact I'm sure I have some where I couldn't tell you whether or not they even have siblings.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy King in Emmerdale when Kelly turned up with a five year old boy and claimed it was his, she went away as swiftly as she came and we were never told if it was his kid or not.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    inamic wrote: »
    ............... I'd love to see Mavis come to visit Rita.

She could bump into les dennis's chatracter, and they'd realise they were siblings, separated at birth.

I'd also love them to have a visit from Hilda Ogden.

Sorry, getting off-topic here.
  • Options
    rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy King in Emmerdale when Kelly turned up with a five year old boy and claimed it was his, she went away as swiftly as she came and we were never told if it was his kid or not.

Elliott's been referred to quite a few times since Kelly left. He came back for a little while without her (she supposed to have dropped him off off-screen) and he's still referred to as Jimmy's son. So I think we're supposed to take it that Jimmy and Nicola either have proof that Elliott is actually his or they're taking Kelly at her word.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm re Jimmy and Eliot.:D. I do find Jimmy a bit tiresome at times so sort of zone out when he is on.

But what about Andy Slugden's "life changing" accident to his arm, seems to have got better and has never been mentioned again once he got the compo dosh! Actually, he is such a vile person he does deserve everything that happens to him. Katy had a lucky escape falling down that hole!
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    On Home and Away, they brushed the ownership of Summer Bay House under the carpet. They never did clarify whether Sally sold it to Alf, Roo and Marilyn. This annoys me as it's the main house on the show, and also where Sallh grew up so its a big deal if she sold it.
  • Options
    human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they already forgotten Nancy's epilepsy in EE?
    As if by magic this was mentioned in last night's episode!
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Steve's vintage motor storyline been dropped in Corrie? It's not been mentioned for weeks.