Options

The Cube is back

open-armsopen-arms Posts: 474
Forum Member
I quite the The Cube gameshow; maybe it is not every ones up of tea but I like the suspense and sometimes frustration the show brings :)

Comments

• Options
    madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    I think The Cube is good.

You're on your seats for most of the show.
  • Options
    Richieboy87Richieboy87 Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it was anything to write home about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with Richieboy87, it's a load of rubbish and I won't be watching (but it's on ITV, so that's a no brainer anyway...)
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking I never see much of Philip Schofield on ITV.....
  • Options
    KeelbootsKeelboots Posts: 1,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor Why wrote: »
    Agree with Richieboy87, it's a load of rubbish and I won't be watching (but it's on ITV, so that's a no brainer anyway...)

Hows that? It's like a mini Krypton factor test. Quite good show really,no silly questions or gimmicks just determination and skill.

Sadly they have succumbed to a celebrity special aparently.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keelboots wrote: »
    Hows that? It's like a mini Krypton factor test. Quite good show really,no silly questions or gimmicks just determination and skill.

Sadly they have succumbed to a celebrity special aparently.

Is tomorrow's a zeleb special - can't see that anywhere in any listings and epg - tomorrow one of the contestants is a hurling instructor called Kevin...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Is tomorrow's a zeleb special - can't see that anywhere in any listings and epg - tomorrow one of the contestants is a hurling instructor called Kevin...

It's normal folk from tomorrow onwards. I think they will be saving the two celebrity specials to air over Christmas.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite enjoying this one, I`d be useless so far!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    It's a good show, not quite The Crystal Maze, but enjoyable enough.
  • Options
    NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surely that kid is too young for an iphone :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw i want her to get it
  • Options
    Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    surely that kid is too young for an iphone :p

i thought that too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    would be ok but can't stand Philip 'shouty' Schofield
  • Options
    elite fileselite files Posts: 15,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    love this show:)
  • Options
    elite fileselite files Posts: 15,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just hope we see people losing this series every person last series went with money:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This woman looks very familiar, I thought it was a celebrity version at first. Does anyone know what she has been on before, who she looks like or does she just have one of those faces?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck with that one Kevin.. i think that`s really hard.:(
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,663
    Forum Member
    Disappointed that they are repeating games.
  • Options
    Finlay ReaderFinlay Reader Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for 1000£ starter, i'd say thats effing hard
  • Options
    g_attrillg_attrill Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    I went to a taping one day and it was great fun, if a little lengthy, and IMO a little unprofessional. There didn't seem to be a floor manager so Philip and the warm-up guy were left to manage the audience and tell everybody what was going on (Philip stayed on the set for the entire time, he is no slacker!). There wasn't a break in recording over the 4-5 hours so towards the end people were just getting up to go to the loo and leaving gaps in the audience, and they would go from talking and shuffling equipment to taping without telling the audience so you needed to pay attention!

Anyway, the contestants we had were excellent and they did well so it was quite gripping, I am looking forward to seeing the result.

I had a look at the "bullet-time" setup before I left, it was pretty much a bunch of Canon DSLRs bolted in an arc, presumably with a shedload of software to control and combine the output. Oh, and a Red One each end for slo-mo!
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,663
    Forum Member
    I am watching a few minutes behind on Sky+ and I have to agree, for the first game, that was hard.

Not sure if they pick the games or it's random, but the first one needs to be one of the easiest.. Or at least based more on skill than luck.
  • Options
    tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have they messed up over the viewer competition? I notice the closing time is 5pm Sunday...? doesn't say next Sunday...

Not that I ever enter these things, but just seems odd.
  • Options
    g_attrillg_attrill Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    I am watching a few minutes behind on Sky+ and I have to agree, for the first game, that was hard.

Not sure if they pick the games or it's random, but the first one needs to be one of the easiest.. Or at least based more on skill than luck.

I don't think it's random, I imagine the contestants do a few games at an audition and mention their best/worst games. One thing they did say was that the running order of games is fixed at the start and not altered depending on how they do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised he chickened out of rebuilding the tower, with 2 lives left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrinceGaz wrote: »
    I'm surprised he chickened out of rebuilding the tower, with 2 lives left.

He did so well in the trial run too,,,:)