Options

Peters response to Katie not filming/photographing kids

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    pinknico wrote: »
    I thought Katie said she was hoping Peter would do the same? Which would be great if he did, but should have been handled like sionnaigh suggested?

Will she remove them from her internet shopping page?

She has to otherwise it makes no sense and could be seen as being hypocritical.
  • Options
    BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    That is true, but she then shouldn't discuss what Pete does as it shouldn't be of any concern to her either, and she should certainly not talk to the press first with the comment implying Pete probably will continue to film the children.
    They both have the children's best interest at heart and neither would do anything that the children were unhappy with.

I agree,they both announce things to the press then the other complains they weren't told personally then they go and do it again. I wonder if he's reached out to her and told her personally he feels it's a strange decision?
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BReal2 wrote: »
    She didn't owe it to him to discuss her personal choice not to use the kids,she would only owe it to him to privately ask him not to,which she hasn't done publicly or privately. She's only said she herself won't be using them

I disagree completely. Joint welfare of the kids for any normal couple would and should be the issue, not who intends to do what. Either she's worried about the kids' welfare or she isn't. If she genuinely is, then her not using them the way she has been does not solve the problem if he is going to continue to use them. Genuine concern would mean they agree together that the kids should not be on either show or trotted out for photoshoots. Otherwise, it looks like a point-scoring exercise on her part.

That's of course unless she did discuss it with him and he didn't agree...
  • Options
    BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I disagree completely. Joint welfare of the kids for any normal couple would and should be the issue, not who intends to do what. Either she's worried about the kids' welfare or she isn't. If she genuinely is, then her not using them the way she has been does not solve the problem if he is going to continue to use them. Genuine concern would mean they agree together that the kids should not be on either show or trotted out for photoshoots. Otherwise, it looks like a point-scoring exercise on her part.

She would have told the world by now.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

I just hope for the kids sake the both see sense and both realise that this the way forward. Rather than use the on-going discussions as a tit-for-tat without any resolution.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has to otherwise it makes no sense and could be seen as being hypocritical.

Still waiting for word on Harvey, if he is the same why not mention him, unless it is just being done to push Peters buttons.

Which if the result is no publicity of the children shouldn't really matter but Harvey should be included.
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Does Peter really need to start every comment he makes with

"Apparently"

?
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    http://www.new-magazine.co.uk/peterandre

"Apparently, Katie has said she won’t be allowing the kids to be filmed for her TV show or photographed in magazines.
    All I’ll say is that I find the whole thing a bit strange and no one has discussed it with me".

Why would you find it "strange" would be my first question and "why would she need to discuss it with you", the second one. She has said what she has decided to do,

Leaves Mr. Andre now in a very difficult position. Cant wait to see his move.

It's normal and sensible to discuss issues concerning your children with your ex (when, as in this case, your ex is part of the childrens' lives). Quite frankly, I find it bizarre that she hasn't discussed it with him.
  • Options
    sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »

"Apparently"

?

Erring on the side of caution? Obviously if she hasn't discussed it with him prior to her being 'quoted' in the media then he can only, I suppose, judge it like the rest of us.

They have both said, in the past, how the media twist words, takes them out of context, etc (indeed, according to posters on this forum, KP has been tweeting about the 'lies' journalists have written very recently) so to state that KP "said she is not allowing the children........etc, etc" leaves him open, perhaps, to the charge that she's been 'misquoted', and/or she never said it, and/or what she actually said was........

Unless they've actually discussed it personally then I think the use of the word 'apparently' is both correct and very wise!
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member

"Apparently, Katie has said she won’t be allowing the kids to be filmed for her TV show or photographed in magazines.
    All I’ll say is that I find the whole thing a bit strange and no one has discussed it with me".

Why would you find it "strange" would be my first question and "why would she need to discuss it with you", the second one. She has said what she has decided to do,

I'm not questioning her decision at all - but that's a very strange thing for you to say. "Why would she need to discuss it with Peter? Er - because he's the father? Because if she's concerned about them not being filmed, then surely she would discuss it with him, and ask him to do the same.

If she hasn't discussed it with him, does that mean she has no objection to him putting the children in front of the cameras?

Or does she actually want him to continue, so that she comes out of it looking better than him?

Just a theory.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »

"Apparently"

?

Apparently so. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant stand Andre. Very fake. Katie has the fake looks but he has the fake personality. She, wears her heart on her sleeve.

I Actually feel sorry for her and shes done his career wonders. I just wonder how long he can keep harping on about himself and the sympathy vote to keep him rolling in the money from his rubbish Michael jackson tribute songs and tours. Urgh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sionnaigh wrote: »
    *sneaks in*

Maybe he thought decisions about their childrens future was something they should have discussed jointly, between themselves, as parents, rather than one of the parents making an announcement to the media without the other parent being aware of it beforehand? Maybe?

It should have been a private matter, IMO, before (or indeed if) any announcement was made - in a joint 'statement' regarding what was happening to their children.

It would appear that one of the parents decided to make this decision, regarding their particular choice, public and the other parent is being castigated for, in essence, saying - erm, when was this decision about our children made then? Would it have been such an issue to have discussed it between them and then prevented all of this (yawn) point scoring and such?

Then again, privacy and these two individuals don't exactly make good bedfellows do they?

*sneaks out*

I can see your point of view. I guess in an ideal world, this would be the case and should be the case.

Perhaps, and it is only speculating, they share 50/50 parenting, but dont decide how the other parent acts when they have them (within reason). She has made the decision that when with her, this is what she will do. I cant see him agreeing to not filming or photographing and perhaps she knows that. She was married to him and should know him better than most.

I think time will tell, if he follows through with the same. I think that the children should no longer be filmed or photographed. You are never going to be able to stop the pap shots, but its too much when each set of parent is filming them. The kids just cant get away from cameras etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    I'm not questioning her decision at all - but that's a very strange thing for you to say. "Why would she need to discuss it with Peter? Er - because he's the father? Because if she's concerned about them not being filmed, then surely she would discuss it with him, and ask him to do the same.

If she hasn't discussed it with him, does that mean she has no objection to him putting the children in front of the cameras?

Or does she actually want him to continue, so that she comes out of it looking better than him?

Just a theory.

Rosie, you posted as I was responding to another post. I think it answers your questions to me.

By saying that does she want to come out looking better than him, does this mean he would look bad if he continued?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH reading the whole thing back now, I think the sentence is strange. What does he find strange? the reason? he needs to elaborate. The whole point of nobody has discussed it with me, is that a dig or what does he mean? She has made the decision. I do however think she is point scoring because to have any sort of affect on their future it needs to be a joint thing. So now do we see PA doing the same thing or just ignoring her?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see the point in her stopping them being filmed now. The damage has already been done, because people will already know what they look like, and besides, they'll have been photographed with them both by the tabloids. Are we just talking about exploitation here though? If so, then fair enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rosie, you posted as I was responding to another post. I think it answers your questions to me.

By saying that does she want to come out looking better than him, does this mean he would look bad if he continued?

I think he would definitely look bad in some people's eyes - it depends on your opinion regarding the children being on tv really. I've never had a problem with that tbh, whether her or him.

But if she feels strongly about it, then she must surely discuss it with him.
    goldiloks wrote: »
    I do however think she is point scoring because to have any sort of affect on their future it needs to be a joint thing.

It does look that way, unless she makes a point of asking him to keep the kids out of the public eye also. Otherwise, it looks like she's not actually that bothered about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he would definitely look bad in some people's eyes - it depends on your opinion regarding the children being on tv really. I've never had a problem with that tbh, whether her or him.

But if she feels strongly about it, then she must surely discuss it with him.

It does look that way, unless she makes a point of asking him to keep the kids out of the public eye also. Otherwise, it looks like she's not actually that bothered about it.

I think she has come to the right decision for the right reason initially, but chose the way to announce it to get one over on PA. I do think he needs to make a decision himself now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think she has come to the right decision for the right reason initially, but chose the way to announce it to get one over on PA. I do think he needs to make a decision himself now.

Absolutely - but a lot of this depends on Kate's reasons for doing it.

He should make a decision based solely on what is best for the children, and I don't think he can make that decision alone. It has to be a joint thing.
  • Options
    WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    Absolutely - but a lot of this depends on Kate's reasons for doing it.

He should make a decision based solely on what is best for the children, and I don't think he can make that decision alone. It has to be a joint thing.

I agree with both of you, I do hope she is making this decision for the right reasons, however, I can't help but think she has made this statement to get a reaction out of Pete. I may be wrong, I hope I am. If she felt so strongly about it, can't she get an order (like Jeff Brazier did) to prevent the press from taking photos of the children?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Still waiting for word on Harvey, if he is the same why not mention him, unless it is just being done to push Peters buttons.

Which if the result is no publicity of the children shouldn't really matter but Harvey should be included.

The fact that Harvey was not included did lead me to wonder if the idea didn't come from Katie at all, but from Pete. It doesn't make sense not to extend the 'ban' to all three children if it is the children's welfare that is being considered. After all, Harvey is the one who needs protecting the most.
    It is very strange.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that Harvey was not included did lead me to wonder if the idea didn't come from Katie at all, but from Pete. It doesn't make sense not to extend the 'ban' to all three children if it is the children's welfare that is being considered. After all, Harvey is the one who needs protecting the most.
    It is very strange.

Harvey is not part of CAN's filming and the other two are filmed in both households for their tv shows. This might be the reason for just mentioning those.

She may also specifically trying to protect Junior, who is having difficulties and he seems to be the one most exploited - now with the stories of him going on stage etc.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just clicked on his mag link above...oh god the dross that he or CAN write baffles beyond belief!

I think that KP has said she will withdraw the kids so that he will have to do the same...its a pity that they both didnt decide to do this when they were married. I noticed that he had a pic of KP and Princess in one of his small articles...I guess he isnt playing along with her at the moment. No doubt this will run and run again:yawn:
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She made this decision s she can still manipulate the media and force Pete into a decision he dont want to have to make. Very clever on her part
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Katie said she was hoping Peter would do the same? Which would be great if he did, but should have been handled like sionnaigh suggested?

Will she remove them from her internet shopping page?

Another form of control over Pete, very clever Ms Price
This discussion has been closed.