Housemates who did/ didn't deserve to be Ejected

21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
Forum Member
Always a contentious issue, but are there any housemates who got Ejected, that you feel were unfairly removed (and conversely, are there any housemates who got away without being ejected who deserved to be so!)

For the record, here are the list of housemates who have been ejected-

BB1- Nick (manipulating the vote)
BB5- Kitten (persistent rule breaking)
BB5- Emma (Fight Night)
BB7- Dawn (using coded messages to talk to the outside world)
BB8- Emily (use of "forbidden" word)
BB9- Alexandra (threatening behaviour)
BB9- Dennis (spitting)

To my mind, Dawn was ejected purely to save Big Brother's face and discredit anything she'd have said once she was out, Emily was ejected to make Endemol look racially aware and Emma was taken out not because her behaviour was the worst, but because she was the most unstable remaining.

I maintain that Conor deserved to be ejected for his comments regarding Deana last year, and Siavash for repeatedly ignoring the rules and saying he wanted to leave/ "take himself out of the game".

Comments

• SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Emma ...
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Emily because I don't think it was as bad as BB made it out to be she was screwed over by the fact she said after that CBB
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily was the scapegoat after the Jade/Jo/Danielle/Jack fiasco and is the only one from that list who was hard done by
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Emily because I don't think it was as bad as BB made it out to be she was screwed over by the fact she said after that CBB

Yeah, they were very inconsistent there.

Victor claims Emma called it him during Fight Night, and Charley went around saying it (she said so herself right after when she's "not making an issue of it" with Emily!)
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member

Victor claims Emma called it him during Fight Night, and Charley went around saying it (she said so herself right after when she's "not making an issue of it" with Emily!)

Exactly she might not have won but she was very unlucky she was scapegoated by BB
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

She was warned for using that word but not thrown out

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s149/big-brother/news/a64754/charley-warned-for-using-racist-slur.html

She was also given a warning for implying that Gerry was a paedophile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-470238/Big-Brother-Day-55-Charleys-paedophile-row-Gerry-earns-FINAL-warning.html#axzz2KWr6FTBY

I can't find what her other warning was but I thought that back in those days BB had a "three strikes and you're out" as far as warnings went
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily shouldn't have been ejected, they only ejected her because of race row.

Dawn was going to walk anyway, and they had already set up everything for her to walk, but then she got a coded message and just before she was about to leave, Big Brother started saying 'you have broken the rules' and she was just like 'Oh shut up. Oh shut up!' and then left. It wasn't really an ejection, but they classed it as that.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I always felt sorry for Emma for being ejected because the producers presumed she would not be able to let it go, while the other housemates were able to make amends with eachother.

Conor is certainly one that deserved at least a more severe warning rather than a quick slapping of the wrists BB gave him.

Even though I liked Siavash and Sophie, anyone who refused to nominate should have been put up for eviction straight-away for the public to decide their fate (not punish the rest of the house). If they refused to nominate multiple times then BB should have asked them if they really want to be in the house anymore.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Emily shouldn't have been ejected, they only ejected her because of race row.

Dawn was going to walk anyway, and they had already set up everything for her to walk, but then she got a coded message and just before she was about to leave, Big Brother started saying 'you have broken the rules' and she was just like 'Oh shut up. Oh shut up!' and then left. It wasn't really an ejection, but they classed it as that.

I think Shahbaz was MORE of an ejection- they basically told him "You have no option but to walk".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    I'm probably in the minority of people, but I never count kitten as being "ejected" rather she was simple evicted by Big Brother. it was made clear that that was the case, and on BBLB's right up until the final C4 series she was noted as being the first evicted from BB5.

To answer the question, it's got to be Emma. Her action were no worse than Victor or Nadia, she was simple ejected because they feared another Fight Night. It was cruel of them to keep her locked up alone for days before deciding to eject her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    If they were going to evict Emma, they needed to send out Victor for sure and possibly Nadia and Vanessa depending on what really happened in that bathroom.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emily and Dawn. Maybe Nick, but at the time, it was seen as controversial.

I will go through all of them:

Nick- At the time, it was seen as a massive thing, for the point of the show at the time. It was right for him to be kicked out. Now, not so much.
    Kitten- Another right decision. It wasn't like other HMs breaking a few rules, i don't remember a day in the first week where she didn't break a rule. It was a good way to show that BB was tougher in the series and it worked.
    Emma- Tricky one. There must have been hidden things in that row, which I am sure some BB5 housemates have revealed. From what we saw on screen (evven on LF), it seemed that Emma was no worse than Victor, Jason and Vanessa. But when the LF was cut off, apparently Emma did what made her get ejected. And it was fair for her to go.
    Dawn- I thought the punishment was a bit OTT.
    Emily- Okay, mixed on this. She was thrown out just because it followed the race row. I think the way they ejected her was the bigger problem. Throwing someone out in the middle of the night, in their pyjamas, half asleep.
    Alexandra and Dennis- Certainly correct decision to get kicked out.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Emily and Dawn. Maybe Nick, but at the time, it was seen as controversial.

I will go through all of them:

Nick- At the time, it was seen as a massive thing, for the point of the show at the time. It was right for him to be kicked out. Now, not so much.
    Kitten- Another right decision. It wasn't like other HMs breaking a few rules, i don't remember a day in the first week where she didn't break a rule. It was a good way to show that BB was tougher in the series and it worked.
    Emma- Tricky one. There must have been hidden things in that row, which I am sure some BB5 housemates have revealed. From what we saw on screen (evven on LF), it seemed that Emma was no worse than Victor, Jason and Vanessa. But when the LF was cut off, apparently Emma did what made her get ejected. And it was fair for her to go.
    Dawn- I thought the punishment was a bit OTT.
    Emily- Okay, mixed on this. She was thrown out just because it followed the race row. I think the way they ejected her was the bigger problem. Throwing someone out in the middle of the night, in their pyjamas, half asleep.
    Alexandra and Dennis- Certainly correct decision to get kicked out.

BiB: If I remember correctly, Dermot told her that the only rule she didn't break was being physically violent to another HM.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    Always a contentious issue, but are there any housemates who got Ejected, that you feel were unfairly removed (and conversely, are there any housemates who got away without being ejected who deserved to be so!)

BB5- Emma (Fight Night)
    BB9- Dennis (spitting)

To my mind, Dawn was ejected purely to save Big Brother's face and discredit anything she'd have said once she was out, Emily was ejected to make Endemol look racially aware and Emma was taken out not because her behaviour was the worst, but because she was the most unstable remaining.

I maintain that Conor deserved to be ejected for his comments regarding Deana last year, and Siavash for repeatedly ignoring the rules and saying he wanted to leave/ "take himself out of the game".

i think marcus deserved to be removed his constant rule breaking was worse then kittens
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the inconsistency with who is and isn't removed. The likes of Conor and Siavash certainly should have been if held by the same standards as Alexandra and Kitten, in my opinion.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »

If Nick was in the house now doing the same thing he'd be a producer favourite and they would be going all out to get him into the final.. How much the show has changed..

The only one I really disagree with is Emma.. Nadia, Jason and Victor all acted as bad, if not worse than her from what was shown on screen.. BB should have put all of the housemates around the sofa, warned all of those involved that if it happened again they would be out.. It always seemed wrong to me that Emma was the only one to be ejected from the house when it was a group argument
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Booyah wrote: »
    If they were going to evict Emma, they needed to send out Victor for sure and possibly Nadia and Vanessa depending on what really happened in that bathroom.

According to Victor on either here or on BB Couch Potatoes, BB told him that they would have ejected more people alongside Emma, but feared that they would no longer have a show! Emma definitely deserved eviction as she did what Dennis did and spat, and no-one defends him against being evicted. Granted it wasn't as clear from the footage at the time in Emma's case!
  • SourGrapesSourGrapes Posts: 4,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick and Kitten's ejections both seem pretty laughable given what housemates have got away with since. With Dawn, it's unclear if she jumped of was pushed

The rest can have no complaints
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    i think marcus deserved to be removed his constant rule breaking was worse then kittens

Which rules did he break??
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick- Was appropriate at the time in line with what the show was about then. Also helped to propel the show from run of the mill to the phenomenon it became, so it's hard to argue with this one.
    Kitten- She broke so many rules that it was absolutely the right thing to do. Especially in a series billed as BB getting evil. She wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway and if she had her presence would've been detrimental to the series anyway.
    Emma- Out of all the people to kick out, I still don't understand why she was singled out. Sure, her behaviour was terrible. But others were as well and they got to stay. If anything it was cruel to keep her in that room for a few days rather than make a decision immediately.
    Dawn- This was stupid as she was leaving anyway. I think BB just wanted to get one up on her and didn't want it to look like two housemates were quitting so early. An utterly pointless decision really.
    Emily- Complete overreaction because things had gotten out of hand after the CBB5 controversy. I don't think she would've been kicked out so soon before. Probably placed on a warning. But on the other hand, you can argue that it was a silly thing to say, especially straight after all the business surrounding Jade / Shilpa. Race was going to be a sensitive issue, so anyone with half a brain would tiptoe around it.
    Alexandra- Probably the right decision. No matter how much she tried to spin it, what she said still sounded dodgy and you just can't get away with that sort of thing in BB after CBB5. I believe she'd already had warnings so it was the right move. Even though she was dead cert to be evicted two days later, but there ya go.
    Dennis- 100% agree with this. Spitting in someone's face is vile and the lowest of the low. He deserved to be carted off the fade into obscurity and never be mentioned by the show again.

I also agree that Siavash and Conor should've been kicked out. Siavash's rule breaking just got out of hand and BB refused to do anything about it. I understand that it was late in the series and all, but if housemates don't have to do a fundamental part of the show then what is the point. Should've been kicked out or given an unlitmatum.

Conor is obvious. Just terrible behaviour and the show seemed to reward it in the end for some reason. Loathsome human being who should've been turfed out immediately. He wasn't even given a proper warning.
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    the obvious one, emily.
    no way did she deserve what happened to her.
    most unfair treatment in big bro history imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    027huds wrote: »
    Emma- Out of all the people to kick out, I still don't understand why she was singled out. Sure, her behaviour was terrible. But others were as well and they got to stay.

Dennis- 100% agree with this. Spitting in someone's face is vile and the lowest of the low. He deserved to be carted off the fade into obscurity and never be mentioned by the show again.

Emma spat in Victor's face
  • EnterEnter Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Nick deserved to be ejected. Nominating was a massive part of the game back then and sneaking around trying to fix the outcome was a huge deal. I miss the old, stricter Big Brother.

Kitten's ejection was the correct decision. She sucked the life out of the show with all her protests and rule breaks. Big Brother gave her countless warnings and she chose to ignore them all. The only option was to remove her so the show could move forward. She knew exactly how the show worked before she went in so she should've stuck to the rules. It's a shame the old, stricter Big Brother had gone by the time Siavash entered the house!

Emma's ejection was completely the wrong decision. Many housemates had acted awfully on that night and to single one of them out is unfair. I know they made it clear when Emma was ejected that they weren't putting all of the blame onto her but she didn't deserve to be singled out like that. They should have let her enter the house from the bedsit again, sooner rather than later, and told all the housemates that such behaviour wouldn't be accepted and that if it happens again, the housemates who lay a finger on each other will be removed - whether it be one housemate hitting another, or all of them hitting each other!

From what I understand, Dawn wanted to leave and had already asked Big Brother to leave. If we were to take it at face value and she received a "code" from the outside world, then yes, she deserved to be ejected - but I'm not convinced that's entirely why they booted her out.

Emily's ejection was outrageous! It was clear she didn't use the word with the intention of offending anyone, and I sort of believe that Charley's overreaction to her using the word helped make up the minds of the producers. Had Charley dropped it instead of playing it up, I do think the producers may have given her a stern warning instead of the drastic action they took - or so I like to think anyway. Emily was up for eviction so the viewers who were unhappy with what had been said could've taken action against her. I think Big Brother should have let the viewers decide. Considering 922 people took the time to complain to OFCOM about how unfair her removal was, I think it was completely the wrong decision and she should've had the chance to redeem herself, especially as removing her gives her the "racist" tag forever - on paper, at least.

I find Alexandra's ejection a bit laughable. I thought she was an awful housemate but the reason why she was ejected is slightly odd. She was up for eviction and she would've been evicted, no doubt in my mind about that, so why eject her over something very weak? I understand what she said could been seen as threatening but come on! I have no idea what they were trying to achieve by removing Alexandra. Were they just trying to create headlines and more drama this way rather than the straight forward eviction they would've got with her on the Friday night? Probably.

The most clear cut case is Dennis' - he spat at someone and that's that. I know Emma spat at someone, but the difference here is that Nadia, Victor, Jason and Vanessa had all been violent that night too. Personally, I'd rather someone spat at me than receive a punch in the face! I'm not saying spitting is better than hitting, but lots of housemates broke a lot of rules that night in Big Brother 5 and only one got punished which is why I'm against Emma's removal. Dennis' case is different in that only he attacked someone that night. Had he been removed whilst another four housemates got to stay even though they had been violent in some way, shape or form, my opinion would be completely different. Likewise, had Emma been the only violent one, I'd have agreed with her removal.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member

BB5- Emma (Fight Night)
    BB9- Dennis (spitting)

you should add shabaz to that list.he was removed but endermol pretended he choose to leave
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coolio was ejected in UBB, but he was ready to leave anyway so :/