Options

Best way to view Sky+ on iPad

essess Posts: 264
Forum Member
How can I do this as an alternative to multiroom? Slingbox?

Comments

• Options
    aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ess, I quite often use my iPad in a speaker dock on my bedside table, and link it to my SkyHD box via a Slingbox Solo.
    Don't expect HD quality though, although if you have a good wifi signal the picture quality is perfectly acceptable, considering the iPads screen size.
    The Slingbox is renowned for having a slightly "tinny" sound qualiy, but I reckon it's ok myself..
  • Options
    big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally find the Sky Go app, plus all the free catchup apps (iplayer, itv, 4OD, etc) and the TVcatchup app (for live tv) a decent iPad multiroom alternative without the extra cost of a slingbox.
  • Options
    aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally find the Sky Go app, plus all the free catchup apps (iplayer, itv, 4OD, etc) and the TVcatchup app (for live tv) a decent iPad multiroom alternative without the extra cost of a slingbox.

I agree, Sky Go, TVCatchup etc is probably the easiest solution, but there are occasions when I want to watch something live that these don't cover or something that I've previously recorded.
    Of course there's also the added bonus of watching your Sky box over the internet as well when your not at home, assuming you have a decent upload speed on your broadband :)