Options

Sudden Idle Battery Drain on Moto G

BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
Forum Member
✭✭
Ive noticed really bad battery drain on my Moto G in the last few days when idle. If I look into the battery stats, "Mobile Standby" is currently at the top of the list with 46%. Its a tesco PAYG version, according to the O2 site there are currently no issues in my area:confused: Also, looking at the mobile signal graph, it is a brown bar - with just one small section of green towards the beginning.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    do a system reset, I had a similar problem with my LG G2 where the battery was fine but one day the battery started draining like crazy. The problem was intermittent and I couldn't find what caused this, I got fed up and did a system reset (backing up data first of course), and everything is fine now.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sudden battery drop is a known issue with Moto G, a search shows up lots of results and some potential cures. I thought the most recent update to 4.4.2 cured it to be honest.

I found I got this when charging using a USB port on my computer, I had it happen once, never happened when using a decent mains charger.