http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ms_QKe6iw
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    For those who missed it, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ms_QKe6iw

See looked to me like she was wrapped in orange clingfilm .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but can you wear a short tight dress like Rachel?

My god if you have seen Dave I dont think you would even contemplate that:eek::eek:

Sorry Dave only joking :D:D:D
  • Options
    pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodness me , todays purple number hasn't been commented on yet.(and I'm not talking about mathematics)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was Oliver on? It must have been shortly after Christmas, was it, because I hadn't seen him at all, and I don't think I saw it much then. Looks like the rest will have no chance against him which is a shame because there are a lot of nice contestants in the final, Nikki, Peter and Danny are some I recall.

He's obviously excellent at the game and very young but I didn't like the way he more or less yelled at Rachel, when asking her for the letters. I know it's just his way probably.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He shouts because of the frustration of being so close to her hotness, but being unable to do anything about it. I bet he has a wank and cries his eyes out after the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better semi today I thought. I always liked both contestants but it was good to see an upset seeding-wise. From what I recall Nikki was always good against tough opponents, whereas Danny may have had some easier games. And at least everyone politely asked Rachel for the letters. :)

I'm sure the men were not happy at all today with Rachel's choice of outfit. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure the men were not happy at all today with Rachel's choice of outfit. :)

Rather boring, I thought. Luckily it was full of the most delectable doll in existance.

The ad after for the IT Crowd new series showed a scene featuring Moss on Countdown. I hope that means Rachel will appear.

Oh, and I too liked both contestants today. And it was an upset, but IIRC not that big of one. I'm sure the lady only lost out quite narrowly, and could have one if she'd just noticed something simple. Cant't remember what, though.
  • Options
    Richieboy87Richieboy87 Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not saying I hate Rachel or Jeff but I stopped watching after Des O
    he was my 2nd favourite after Richard

The old days were the best
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When was Oliver on? It must have been shortly after Christmas, was it, because I hadn't seen him at all, and I don't think I saw it much then. Looks like the rest will have no chance against him which is a shame because there are a lot of nice contestants in the final, Nikki, Peter and Danny are some I recall.

He's obviously excellent at the game and very young but I didn't like the way he more or less yelled at Rachel, when asking her for the letters. I know it's just his way probably.

Probably autistic, I don't like when they are on with their photographic memories and ability to memorise the entire dictionary. The programme becomes too predictable and spoils it for others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Probably autistic, I don't like when they are on with their photographic memories and ability to memorise the entire dictionary. The programme becomes too predictable and spoils it for others.

Yeah I agree. The second seed Danny who was also an octochamp (but went out today) was just a normal bloke, as are most of the finalists. It just makes it more accessible for the viewer when the contestants are people you can relate too, as opposed to child prodigies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paul Zenon in DC. Good choice for finals week.

And Rachel's gone all classy today.
  • Options
    katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So nice to have a woman in the final this afternoon.She is unlikely to win though as he is one of the ubergeeks who usually come out on top.Should be good though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaw-droppingly tight and sexy. Seriously, if you can't have a look on 4oD, then give it a few hours and it'll be on touyube. I love Rachel!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Jaw-droppingly tight and sexy. Seriously, if you can't have a look on 4oD, then give it a few hours and it'll be on touyube. I love Rachel!
    Looking lovely.
  • Options
    Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps this thread ought to be renamed the 'Rachel Appreciation Society' ! I am one of those people who, strangely enough, actually enjoys the programme as a whole!

Rachel is intelligent, witty, articulate and beautiful - but why or why doesn't somebody tell her that 'times them together' and 'times it by' are horribly ungrammatical - even the contestants are following suit now. Schoolchildren watch 'Countdown' and are probably copying her - to the consternation of their teachers!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fair point. Here's a clip helping to explain my point of view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQYUgmWMm-A
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband was positively salivating over Rachel and her beautiful blue dress today!
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most beautiful woman on TV, hands down (though my hands are up, I promise you, unlike some people's on here and indeed in the youtube comments:D...).

She get more gorgeous day by day, how is this possible???
  • Options
    Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    Tomorrow will be 5 years to the day Richard Whiteley died. There already tributes to Michael Jackson on his 1st anniversary. What will the RW ones be like tomorrow?
  • Options
    marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow will be 5 years to the day Richard Whiteley died. There already tributes to Michael Jackson on his 1st anniversary. What will the RW ones be like tomorrow?

I can only compare these two very different people - one a worldwide very famous person and the other only known to a fairly small number of people who watch C4 late afternoon!! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member

Was he the ferret man? (only joking)

Of his own death, he once joked that the headline on his obituary would be "Ferret Man Dies"-
    a reference to the unforgettable and much-repeated clip of a ferret clamping its jaws around his finger and refusing to let go.

I watched this clip a couple of days ago
    Not the ferret clip
  • Options
    EsterhausEsterhaus Posts: 2,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As ever I'm playing catch-up with Countdown, and am a few days behind, but delighted to see Tim Vine back in Dictionary Corner this week. I've only watched Monday's edition so far but he was as delightfully daft as ever. You just cannot beat him for punworthiness! I hope Jeff was taking notes :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Esterhaus wrote: »
    As ever I'm playing catch-up with Countdown, and am a few days behind, but delighted to see Tim Vine back in Dictionary Corner this week. I've only watched Monday's edition so far but he was as delightfully daft as ever. You just cannot beat him for punworthiness! I hope Jeff was taking notes :D

I was in the audience for the Monday and Tuesday episodes (I think I can hear myself laughing, even at the bad jokes!) but they were fantastic but on viewing them on TV they've cut alot of Tim's jokes out, probably because they were overunning, but you can't beat Tim.

Anyone else noticed he tried 'pen behind the ear' during one of the rounds yesterday, it was a blink and you miss it moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Esterhaus wrote: »

He certainly is. Wait till you get to Thursday's, when Geoff opens with som of his own.
This discussion has been closed.