Options

Could there be at least four finalists this year?

chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
Forum Member
Instead of the usual three? Still two double eliminations scheduled, I imagine now the final is two nights long, there's enough time to allow more finalists.

Comments

• Options
    chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    bump.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I think there's a good chance there will be - aside from anything else, there's only space for one more double elimination before it goes to the public vote. Plus, last year's finale seemed incredibly stretched-out with only three contestants, and there are four obvious contenders for this year's.
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say so. I think there'll be two more doubles and one more single before the final night. I do think there are only four contenders in with any sort of a chance, though.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump.

i actually think there may be no more double evictions a second last week of 6 and a vote like crazy to get your fave three into the final
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be four unless Mary gets in, then only three to make room for her.
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will be a 4 way final over 2 nights too. Last year ended up being a bit boring, especially on the Sunday night.
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    i actually think there may be no more double evictions a second last week of 6 and a vote like crazy to get your fave three into the final

I think you may be right. It's always been assumed that Wagner would go with the next double elimination, but I'm not so sure that would be the case—and if they do have a double and he stays it will give Wagner a real shot at the Final Four because it will galvanise a lot of unhappy viewers to vote for him in protest.

What you're suggesting may seem to the producers like the surest way of getting Wagner out; their media campaign to undermine him obviously isn't working.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to start a thread about this! For me it will seem less like a final with four finalists. I think this will be the case though. If you look at what the bookies are saying Cher will land in fourth place, so a four-act final will keep her in until the end. That way she can be marketed as an X Factor finalist when Simon signs her up as he is obviously going to do. They can also make a big push for her in the final.