12th Doctor to Be Revealed on Sunday 4th August? (Merged)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Well if O'Dowd tweeted it then it must be true. He must be doing it in partnership with Stephen Mangan:rolleyes:
  • Richard_WatsonRichard_Watson Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Rowan146 wrote: »
    Well if O'Dowd tweeted it then it must be true. He must be doing it in partnership with Stephen Mangan:rolleyes:

Indeed.

As I always say, people who like to hint that they know stuff rather than just coming out and saying it are usually talking crap.
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Indeed.

As I always say, people who like to hint that they know stuff rather than just coming out and saying it are usually talking crap.

Unless he has become aware of the rumours on here and has decided to play with us :D
    Forum Member
    Unless he has become aware of the rumours on here and has decided to play with us :D

That's the sort of thinking that eventually leads to people scouring the metadata of web pages for hidden proof that 90 missing episodes have been recovered.

I don't put it past the BBC to have deliberately put his name and Peter Capaldi's out there as a distraction knowing that there'll always be people who want to get attention for themselves, though.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the sort of thinking that eventually leads to people scouring the metadata of web pages for hidden proof that 90 missing episodes have been recovered.

I don't put it past the BBC to have deliberately put his name and Peter Capaldi's out there as a distraction knowing that there'll always be people who want to get attention for themselves, though.

People are betting on Capaldi though, and that's odd if there is nothing in it. Though I think it'd be a surprise if they went with someone north of 35 at this point.
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    People are betting on Capaldi though, and that's odd if there is nothing in it.

People bet a lot of money on Patterson Joesph too.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris o'dowd ‏@BigBoyler 13m

has anyone seen my scarf? #WinkWink

Not him?

In light of this ^^ that's me pretty convinced Chris O'Dowd is not Twelve.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People bet a lot of money on Patterson Joesph too.

Paterson Joseph has stated in interviews he was close to getting the part, indeed rumours remain that he was offered it but was only willing to sign a one series deal.

As I said, I would be surprised if it's an older gent, but it'll be obvious who it is on Saturday night from the betting, which is what happened with Matt.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    In light of this ^^ that's me pretty convinced Chris O'Dowd is not Twelve. .

Aye, that's a definite Mangan.
    Forum Member
    Aye, that's a definite Mangan.

One good thing will come out of it. Next time people won't rush to believe every random person on the internet who claims to know stuff. Right?

Right?
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These next few days are going to drag... :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One good thing will come out of it. Next time people won't rush to believe every random person on the internet who claims to know stuff. Right?

Right?

It could be Emun Elliott you know. :D Be brilliant if it was.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I never thought it was O'Dowd anyway.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    It could be Emun Elliott you know. :D Be brilliant if it was.

He will be a very busy man if it is, The Paradise and DW.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member

Right?

lol

Where's that Performing Monk gone? :mad:
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I want it to be Peter Capaldi, I just can't picture him in the role without going on a sweary rant.

"Those ****ing Dalek ***** are at it trying to destroy the ****ing Universe a-****ing-gain!"

Not to mention the fact that we now live in a world in which everyone has to be hot and young. I just don't think an older Doctor would go down too well with the younger fans in this day and age...
    Forum Member
    RT listings are still showing Celebrity Mastermind at 7pm, maybe John Humphreys will be the new Doctor :D

or

Maybe they will have four potential Doctors fighting it out (with Dr Who Knowledge) to see who will win the right to be the 12th Doctor. No cast list as yet so let the rumours fly :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    chris o'dowd ‏@BigBoyler 13m

has anyone seen my scarf? #WinkWink

Not him?

If it was really him he wouldn't be tweeting stuff like that. Oh fans.
    Forum Member
    :eek: Scary Thought :eek:

What if The Twelfth Doctor IS a female and there is a twist on Sunday where it is revealed by Matt Smith at the last minute that Zoe Ball is the Chosen One and they only announced her as the interviewer so we wouldn't get suspicious when she entered the BBC studio.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you should be happy then! :D

The 12th Doctor has already shot at least some stuff. There's no other explanation for what will be shown on Sunday (the pre-recorded bit. no idea what the live part is all about, though they mention 'Doctors old and new' and 'companions'??). My guess is that he IS in the 50th. That doesn't necessarily mean Matt will regenerate in the 50th.

Yep, Joanna Page played the 12th Doc in the 50th and no one suspected a thing ;)
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still hoping that it's going to be Damien Molony, think he would be great.
  • QuillsQuills Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Williams6 wrote: »
    If it was really him he wouldn't be tweeting stuff like that. Oh fans.

Precisely. Whoever it is, I imagine they'll go 'underground' so to speak, at least regarding social media, for fear of letting something slip before the Big Reveal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    No it is funny. I just hope the reason he is the bookies favourite is for this vague reason.

That would make as much sense as saying its Nigel Havers. As he was on Who do you think you are ?, last night.

I'm sure that isn't the case. :sleep:
  • ArchiexArchiex Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Well my psychic cat, who always gets these things right, informs me the new doctor is in fact Rachel Riley from countdown - oh no wait, that was a dream....a very nice dream!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Wow! I have two tickets to attend that show! It was billed as a tribute to Doctor Who to celebrate 50 years. I had no idea the new Doctor would be unveiled.

I'll be getting there all the earlier now to be front of the queue.