Lee and Jim Hells Kitchen 2007

pookiesboopookiesboo Posts: 1,100
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can anyone remember when Hells Kitchen was on the year with Jim Davidson, Brian Dowling and Lee Ryan, did Lee quit the show because of Jim Davidson? I remember the term "pikey" being used in relation to Lee, don't know if he said it himself or was called it

Comments

• pookiesboopookiesboo Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry just checked his wiki page, it was Marco Pierre white who used the term.
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee had an argument with Marco Pierre White (who used the term pikey's picnic to describe wood-pigeon) and left on day 3.
    He said he had friends who were travellers and took exception to the chef's remarks, however he seemed to struggle with the pressure of life in a busy kitchen.
    It was nothing to do with Jim Davidson.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    From memory, Jim had to leave after calling Brian a "shirtlifter". His comment offended Brian who called him a homophobe.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From memory, Jim had to leave after calling Brian a "shirtlifter". His comment offended Brian who called him a homophobe.

There was also a big upset between the two later in the evening, where Jim used the phrase "good as you" to describe what 'gay' means, after Jim used the "shirtlifter" term while saying he thought most gay men had a certain look to them.
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was also a big upset between the two later in the evening, where Jim used the phrase "good as you" to describe what 'gay' means, after Jim used the "shirtlifter" term while saying he thought most gay men had a certain look to them.

I thought there may have been more to it, I couldn't understand why Brian broke down in tears. As far as arguments go there wasn't much to it, and Brian had no trouble giving as good as he got in the past.
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member

He did not call Brian a shirtlifter. He used the term when talking about homosexuality. Brian was offended. Jim refused to apologise. I love Brian but I did feel that he was making the series all about him. Jim was rude but did attempt a discussion, hence the Good As You comment. Brian cried over and over. I felt it was right for Jim to go as the more he tried to talk about it and the more Brian grizzled the worse it looked for Jim In the end I was glad to see the back of him so we could to back to the cooking part which had been forgotten in all the drama. Brian later admitted to making a fuss when it was unnecessary.
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed Hells Kitchen when Marco was doing it. Would like to see it return - but only with Marco as head chef and not that other plug with a face like a road map.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was under the impression that he wasn't kicked out but it was his own decision to leave.