NEW Police Interceptors

Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
Forum Member
✭✭✭
New police Interceptors on channel 5 8pm now (or the Gadget Show holder) gone down from Yorkshire to Derbyshire

Comments

• Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,895
    Forum Member
    So how many of the cases tonight resulted in a successful prosecution?
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,895
    Forum Member
    Funny how the kid in the Corsa suddenly got a sore neck and back after the moped rider went into the door of his car and the camera crew turned up.
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all seems so pointless - they spend huge amounts of time and resource to catch someone - and then they get let off without charge usually.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RedSnapper wrote: »
    It all seems so pointless - they spend huge amounts of time and resource to catch someone - and then they get let off without charge usually.

Yeah, especially when they have helicopter involved in the chase which costs about a £1,000 an hour to use it.
  • simonnsimonn Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I can't believe is the guy who was arrested doing 105mph in a 30 zone. The police tried to do him for failing to stop and the CPS threw it out!!! How about dangerous driving, breaking the speed limit etc...really quite unbelievable. The only thing I can think of is that he counter-sued for excessive force, as they didn't half give him a going over while restraining him!
  • barclay55barclay55 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't agree with the officer pulling over the man for sounding his horn twice.

The officer had performed a U-turn for no discernible reason and stopped, blocking the end of a side street, causing an obstruction of the highway. Because he didn't even acknowledge that fact to the horn man, the horn man felt the need (as be honest 90% of us would) to re-inforce the officer's low driving standard with a second horn operation. Technically, yes an offence and one which the officer went overboard in stopping the driver and dealing with, given he himself had caused the obstruction.

In aggravation for the fact that the circumstances were debateable and thus not worthy of a ticket or summons, the officer persued the driver for an apology. When none was forthcoming, he then decided in retaliation to thoroughly check all the drivers details.

Aggravated policing. I hope the officer has been or will be given words of advice by his superior.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you address a police officer?

Very often on these police video programmes the officers moan how often theyre sworn at and how little respect they're shown.

Now we get an officer who actually fires back when addressed as Sir, by someone who clearly felt inferior to the UK police and whose first language did not seem to be English. Because of the officer's own army chip-on-the-shoulder. More words of advice needed.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barclay55 wrote: »
    The officer had performed a U-turn for no discernible reason and stopped, blocking the end of a side street, causing an obstruction of the highway. Because he didn't even acknowledge that fact to the horn man, the horn man felt the need (as be honest 90% of us would) to re-inforce the officer's low driving standard with a second horn operation. Technically, yes an offence and one which the officer went overboard in stopping the driver and dealing with, given he himself had caused the obstruction.

And if the driver hadn't got so mouthy then I'm sure it wouldn't have gone any further. When I've been stopped by the police I'm always polite. What is there to be gained from giving them some lip?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    And if the driver hadn't got so mouthy then I'm sure it wouldn't have gone any further. When I've been stopped by the police I'm always polite. What is there to be gained from giving them some lip?

Agreed, he should have politely but firmly pointed out to the police officer, that he felt the officer unecessarily caused an obstruction, and as such fell short of the exacting standards required of Lincolnshire's Police Interceptors., and further more failed to acknowledge that fact to those affected by it.

Look at the number of drivers who get politely dealt with for holding up a police car with flashing blue lights operating. As was not the case here.
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barclay55 wrote: »
    Didn't agree with the officer pulling over the man for sounding his horn twice.

In aggravation for the fact that the circumstances were debateable and thus not worthy of a ticket or summons, the officer persued the driver for an apology. When none was forthcoming, he then decided in retaliation to thoroughly check all the drivers details.

Aggravated policing. I hope the officer has been or will be given words of advice by his superior.

If a police car was blocking the road in front of me I wouldn't think " theres no reason to do that ...Im gonna let the copper know what I think of him too " !! Au contraire....I think that's more like what the 90% wouldn't do though they might think it. Feel sorry for the fella's poor kid with a nark for a Dad.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    was this on last night (monday 17th march)? I ask because the program on 5+24 had been replace by something else.
  • dmpdmp Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    was this on last night (monday 17th march)? I ask because the program on 5+24 had been replace by something else.
    Yes it was.
    Dave
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of the officers on this show come across as very self-righteous and play to the cameras., I bet a few of them have a few skeletons in the cupboard!