Options

Star Trek 2 "baddie" revealed ?

Comments

• Options
    SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously, original Kirk didn't know that he had a son until he turned up.

He did know he had a son, he just hadn't seen him for (I imagine) a very long time, if at all, which is why he didn't recognise him initially.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He did know he had a son, he just hadn't seen him for (I imagine) a very long time, if at all, which is why he didn't recognise him initially.

I was about to say that. He clearly knows he has a son as he asks Carol "Is that David?" and later says to her "I did what you asked. I stayed away."

They clearly agreed that Kirk shouldn't be a part of his life. It also seemed like David didn't know that Kirk was his father until this point, as he referred to him as "that overgrown boy scout you used to hang around with," suggesting he was someone David remembered from when he was very young, but wasn't actually aware of who he was.
  • Options
    AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sherlock holmes is the baddie of star trek 2

I wish Robert Downey Jr was in the movie instead of Cumberbatch.He looks about as menacing as a 12yr old girl in the Star Trek 2 trailer :p
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Robert Downey Jr was in the movie instead of Cumberbatch.He looks about as menacing as a 12yr old girl in the Star Trek 2 trailer :p

No. Robert Downey is a short bloke who's about as menacing as a happy squirrel.:D

Thanks to those who reminded me that Kirk did, know that he had a son.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks to those who reminded me that Kirk did, know that he had a son.

You can always rely on a Star Trek nerd to let you know when you've made a mistake. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    You can always rely on a Star Trek nerd to let you know when you've made a mistake. ;)

I can name all the original episodes in order etc etc but to paraphrase a Saturday Night Live sketch with Bill Shatner, " I should have paid more attention to the movies". :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Sherlock Holmes wouldn't lose !
    lol yep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cy_bones wrote: »
    An unexpected twist to bring Data back??
    What data?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The water landing in the teaser reminded me of Alan Rickman in ' Galaxy Quest'. " You broke the b ship !". :)
  • Options
    cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What data?
    Do you mean which Data?
  • Options
    EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cy_bones wrote: »
    Do you mean which Data?

Nerd hat on..........there is only one Data, the others being Lore and B-4, Data is dead (or as dead as a Positronic being can be).........nerd hat off.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... although B-4 is now actually, for all intents and purposes, Data...
  • Options
    EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    ... although B-4 is now actually, for all intents and purposes, Data...

No I'm not buying that, Data grew beyond his programming to become something more than he was meant to be, because of being part of the Enterprise and his interaction with the crew. B-4 just had Data's memories shoved up his hard drive, it doesn't make him Data. Then again we'll never know (or care) since Baird slit the throat of TNG's big screen adventures with an absolutely terrible film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/B-4
    The comic book series Star Trek: Countdown (a tie-in to the 2009 Star Trek film) and the timeline established for the Star Trek Online game depict Data as alive in 2387. Sometime prior, Geordi La Forge installed Data's emotion chip into B-4's neural net. This caused the uploads to B-4 by Data to fully activate, allowing Data's full memory and personality to assert itself, essentially resurrecting him. Starfleet decided to reinstate the android to service, and by the time of Countdown Data had become captain of the USS Enterprise-E.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't understand any of the above replies so googled and now I get it: Data is a character.
    Havent seen any Star Trek before JJ Abrams..
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Here's a bootleg first 5 mins of the 9 mins prologue. Looks great so far, I cannot wait :cool:
    http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xvyqr4_les-9-minutes-du-prologue-de-star-trek-into-darkness_shortfilms
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Here's a bootleg first 5 mins of the 9 mins prologue. Looks great so far, I cannot wait :cool:
    http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xvyqr4_les-9-minutes-du-prologue-de-star-trek-into-darkness_shortfilms

Thanks for the link ! Can't wait to see the film ! Wow....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here's a bootleg of the 9 mins prologue. Looks great so far, I cannot wait :cool:

An edit to this post as its now been updated to the full 9 mins.
    Very excited now :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A new Trailer and it looks Amazin :cool:
    http://youtu.be/r5gdbUC9mWU
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    A new Trailer and it looks Amazin :cool:
    http://youtu.be/r5gdbUC9mWU

Can't wait!!
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All looking good so far, well, apart from quick shot in the trailer of the blonde woman looking upwards screaming in terror - a bit cheesy (imo).
  • Options
    Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    All looking good so far, well, apart from quick shot in the trailer of the blonde woman looking upwards screaming in terror - a bit cheesy (imo).

Probably a nod to the cheese of TOS.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    No I'm not buying that, Data grew beyond his programming to become something more than he was meant to be, because of being part of the Enterprise and his interaction with the crew. B-4 just had Data's memories shoved up his hard drive, it doesn't make him Data.

Well it was left open ended. At the end of Nemesis they had B-4 start to sing "Blue Skies" which was Data's song.. indicating that there was *something* of Data there that was more than just programming. Patrick Stewart said in an interview this scene was put in incase of a sequel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S02T1j9qzwg
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait!!

Arrgh!! No longer available to watch - meanies! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭