silent witness on bbc1 now

Comments

• miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well that is a better exit than Harry but what a way to go!
  • crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    No Harry at the funeral, one of his closest friends ??? That is what so unreal about TV, when your gone, your gone
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    pattycake wrote: »
    I had worked out the identity early on but I didn't see this coming!!!

Me neither

So who will be the new boss...have to wait a year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well if sw comes back next year they need better writers!
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know Leo was leaving :(
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am strangely unmoved.
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I'm not happy to see Leo go, at least it's an unambiguous ending to the series!
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least Leo got sexed up before he was blown up. Wonder who'll join the team next year.
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lfc90 wrote: »
    Say in the paper Leo is leaving

So is he dead tonight? Or leave in last episode of show?
    I'm soo glad I didn't read this post earlier!!

Was that deliberately spiteful or merely thoughtless?
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marinamau wrote: »
    My theory:
    he does not die but decides to stay in afghanistan or helping in developing countries in some sort. That is why Nikki is sad as he will not there for her anymore because he does not come back to Lyall centre. He may die I suppose as well or instead of :D.

Gutted. I don't like sad endings. I much prefer your theory.

:(
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow well that was a shocker!
  • theboyroddtheboyrodd Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Wow what series it has been bringing in jack and carrisa. Plus Leo leaves I'm guessing its getting rid of highest paid actors Tom and Leo would have very high salaries per series. Expect to see a lesser well known actor/actress join next year. Maybe will only be jack, carrisa and niki as a threesome.
  • the teddy bearthe teddy bear Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theboyrodd wrote: »
    Maybe will only be jack, carrisa and niki as a threesome.

I'd pay good money to see a threesome between that lot! :D
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    The notion that they were going to go to Afghanistan and work out who did it seemed more even more batty to me than usual for SW.

What were they planning to do - crawl round the Taliban strongholds taking fingerprints and DNA cheek scrapes? Where were they planning to store all their blood samples etc. - in those solar-driven refrigerators?

So the only way there could even be a shred of a plot was if the culprit was someone on the 'friendly' side, which seemed sadly predictable. And why on earth would the soldier at the start want to know 'who dun it', when all the other families whose sons have died,are grateful just to get the body back?

And is it perfectly OK to close the Lyall Centre while the three principals go off abroad together?

Try as I might, I just can't suspend disbelief on this one!

I said exactly the same to OH about the Lyall centre.

This was the worst story of this run imo and I've liked this series much better than the last. I'm quite happy to suspend disbelief most of the time as it's a drama but this was just ridiculous.

I'm really cross they killed Leo off.

I do like new man though (and I'm beginning to prefer him to Harry :o)
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I'm glad I forgot to check this thread the past couple of days.

I didn't know Leo was leaving, and I didn't know pick up on Dan being the british taliban prisoner.

So it was a very shocking ending,

Although I still think that them being in Afghanistan was a ridiculous concept anyway.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to Afghanistan was rather ridiculous, there was no good reason for them to go really.
    Worked out Dan's identity about 5 mins before they did.
    Thought it was quite clever how they made us believe they'd killed off Leo and then bring him back only to kill him again! Love Leo and I couldn't quite believe he's gone, don't know what he wanted to achieve though :confused: It's fair enough to walk off like that if he can have a heart to heart with the person holding the trigger but it was a remote madman who had the power, what exactly did Leo think was going to happen? He should have just told Dan to run.
  • susan24susan24 Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't know Leo was leaving, but so glad he has. He really irritated me the last series with all his whinging and whining. When Harry left I was wishing it was Leo. Looking forward to meeting the new character. Btw, both actors wanted to leave, no one was axed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad Leo's gone, he had run his course. Hopefully now the show can get a kind of Re-boot, going back to basics and less preposterous, because it really is a good show.
    Liked the story though, but as soon it it emerged Karim was english last night, it was obvious that it was Dan.
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote:
    The notion that they were going to go to Afghanistan and work out who did it seemed more even more batty to me than usual for SW.

What were they planning to do - crawl round the Taliban strongholds taking fingerprints and DNA cheek scrapes? Where were they planning to store all their blood samples etc. - in those solar-driven refrigerators?

So the only way there could even be a shred of a plot was if the culprit was someone on the 'friendly' side, which seemed sadly predictable. And why on earth would the soldier at the start want to know 'who dun it', when all the other families whose sons have died,are grateful just to get the body back?

And is it perfectly OK to close the Lyall Centre while the three principals go off abroad together?

Try as I might, I just can't suspend disbelief on this one!

Kaz159 wrote: »
    I said exactly the same to OH about the Lyall centre.

This was the worst story of this run imo and I've liked this series much better than the last. I'm quite happy to suspend disbelief most of the time as it's a drama but this was just ridiculous.

I'm really cross they killed Leo off.

I do like new man though (and I'm beginning to prefer him to Harry :o)

I said exactly the same to my OH - suspension of disbelief is one thing but this was just completely daft. Who on earth can decide to go abroad on a trip their boss has planned at the last minute, leaving the workplace abandoned?

TBH since Leo dumped his nice girlfriend I haven't liked him very much but I'm still sorry they killed him off :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame Leo had to go out as a jigsaw.

Still.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    djvizsla wrote: »
    Shame Leo had to go out as a jigsaw.

Still.

Ha ha ha :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susan24 wrote: »
    Looking forward to meeting the new character..

Will there be a new character? According to Wikipedia, Clarissa is 'Dr. Clarissa Mullery', so perhaps we already have our complement of three medical professionals?

Will leave Nikki doing an awful lot of post-mortems, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    Will there be a new character? According to Wikipedia, Clarissa is 'Dr. Clarissa Mullery', so perhaps we already have our complement of three medical professionals?

Will leave Nikki doing an awful lot of post-mortems, though.

She'll still be trying to piece Leo's together when the next series arrives.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djvizsla wrote: »
    She'll still be trying to piece Leo's together when the next series arrives.

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well at least old SW episodes are on Alibi, with lovely Harry.