Is Jerry Hall a fragile old lady?

EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
Forum Member
✭✭
I know these are the kind of partners Anton usually gets but I see her as slightly more feisty than that and capable of far more than just strolling around the dance floor.

Comments

• PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is neither fragile or old or a figure of fun. I just wish she would put some effort into learning a decent routine and stop thinking she is on some kind of holiday.
    Then again what can you expect when you have Anton filling her head with stupid ideas like her walk can be part of the dance :eek:

Come on Jerry put some work in and earn your six figure pay out.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »
    I know these are the kind of partners Anton usually gets but I see her as slightly more feisty than that and capable of far more than just strolling around the dance floor.

Jerry is feisty and does have potential.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Neither fragile nor old but lazy maybe
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

She's fifty seven and in three years she will get her free bus pass.

And she's extremely feisty but in a languid sort of way..
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Fern knocked out in a surprise shock horror, Anton injured (nothing serious poor chap) and ArTerminator drafted in to give Jerry a boot up her elegant backside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems ... not very bothered about dancing. To be fair, it's not like she really needs to bother trying; but then why join the show? At least Ann Widdecombe tried to be funny despite not giving a damn about learning to dance. It was very dull to watch her stroll around whilst Anton did his usual Latin routine.

Though having Anton as partner probably doesn't help that laziness problem.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More like Community Hall, tea and biscuits drop-in, take your time and don't trip over the zimmer darling.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Ian Waite would be fabulous with Jerry, and he'd have her doing some decent routines . Such a shame to have such a great dancer and teacher on the sidelines.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Fern knocked out in a surprise shock horror, Anton injured (nothing serious poor chap) and ArTerminator drafted in to give Jerry a boot up her elegant backside.

Isn't Artem much ickler than Anton? :confused: It will look like mummy & son dancing but I do get what you mean. ;) She needs a very firm boot up her backside, Artem obviously has a way with lazy moos, as evidenced by Holly turning out some dances that looked like she may have even bothered a few times. ;)
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Jerry is frail and old then I'll take that when I reach her age.
  • BruciesChinBruciesChin Posts: 339
    Forum Member

I think that's unfair on Anton as he danced his Cha Cha far better than Artem (or Pasha). I think this shows that Anton is a far better latin dancer than Artem (or Pasha) and therefore Jerry is in safe hands.
  • BruciesChinBruciesChin Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Isn't Artem much ickler than Anton? :confused: It will look like mummy & son dancing but I do get what you mean. ;) She needs a very firm boot up her backside, Artem obviously has a way with lazy moos, as evidenced by Holly turning out some dances that looked like she may have even bothered a few times. ;)

Anton is a true alpha-male and doesn't get injured. Artem is much more frail and always poorly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    I bet Ian Waite would be fabulous with Jerry, and he'd have her doing some decent routines . Such a shame to have such a great dancer and teacher on the sidelines.

That's what I thought as soon as I heard she was in the show, they really should have brought Ian back to dance with her. I don't have anything against Anton, but she is a bit too tall for him, and I just think Jerry and Ian would have made such a great combination.
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is she a fragile old lady? FFS, how old do you think 56 is? I'm quite cross, really, because the 56-year-old women of my acquaintance are neither fragile nor old, and if anyone dares say something like that to their faces, they wouldn't be ladies either... :mad: *

* And this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I am the same age as Jerry Hall, no sirree....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's neither frail or old, but she's coming across as very lazy. Needs a haircut too.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the absence of Ian, anyone think Jerry would have been better off with Brendan than Anton?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerry Hall is a fragile old lady in the same way that Denise van Outen has no dance training at all, honest.

By which I mean that it's patently not true and I don't care if they want to portray themselves that way, nobody's gonna buy it.
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    She dances as if she's on a catwalk. Constantly flicking and rumpling her hair, hand on one hip, I don't think she's got a clue how to dance, and unfortunately Anton seems so in awe of her that he lets her get away with it.
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peaches41 wrote: »
    She dances as if she's on a catwalk. Constantly flicking and rumpling her hair, hand on one hip, I don't think she's got a clue how to dance, and unfortunately Anton seems so in awe of her that he lets her get away with it.

Exactly. Unfortunately I don't think she'll get very far with Anton as her partner. He's not going to push her to work hard. He's trying too hard to be "charming".

Age is no excuse. There have been older competitors than her who have got quite far with other partners. Pamela Stephenson got to 3rd place with James and she was 61. Cherie Lunghi got to week 9, again with James, and was 56 at the time I think. Both of them got very high marks and reached the top of the leader board some weeks. I think both James and Brendan (and Artem if he was taller) would have got more out of her and certainly wouldn't have taken the easy way out by letting her strut around instead of dance.

Having said that, they looked better in training this week so perhaps we may get to see her dance after all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny Ball is 74 and he gave it his best shot. Being over 50 and a former model is no excuse for not wanting to break into a sweat.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anton is a true alpha-male and doesn't get injured. Artem is much more frail and always poorly.

Anton never expends enough energy to break a sweat, never mind sustain an injury. :rolleyes:
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    In the absence of Ian, anyone think Jerry would have been better off with Brendan than Anton?

I have said this all along, but every time I have mentioned it I have been dismissed, it just seems like common sense to me, and the heights would be right.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that's unfair on Anton as he danced his Cha Cha far better than Artem (or Pasha). I think this shows that Anton is a far better latin dancer than Artem (or Pasha) and therefore Jerry is in safe hands.

That's so funny I almost tipped my coffee over the keyboard :D:D:D
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malik24 wrote: »
    She seems ... not very bothered about dancing. To be fair, it's not like she really needs to bother trying; but then why join the show? At least Ann Widdecombe tried to be funny despite not giving a damn about learning to dance. It was very dull to watch her stroll around whilst Anton did his usual Latin routine.

Though having Anton as partner probably doesn't help that laziness problem.

Could it be that the laziness also comes from Anton?

It takes real effort, plus the risk coming across as unpopular (as Brendan has in the past) to try and really urge someone to else to put in the effort; much easier to let them get away with whatever they want to do..........:sleep:
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    That's so funny I almost tipped my coffee over the keyboard :D:D:D

Me too Kaycee.... almost choked on my lunch there....

How can anyone in their right mind say that Anton's cha cha was better than Pasha's or Artem's????????????????? It would have been better if Anton and Jerry had stood still for the 1 minute 30 seconds.... (actually thats pretty much what they did)........

Can you just imagine Jerry's reaction if Artem started ordering her around??? The killer kitten would come out and she would try to flirt with him :eek:...

Where's the vomit smiley when you need it???

Actually I will be seriously cross if Anton and Jerry aren't eliminated this weekend as they are obviously doing the least amount of hard work. Johnny who is nearly 20 years older seems to be doing more....