Leaving TalkTalk for another internet/phone provider query

Is it similar to leaving your mobile phone provider, whereby you get a PAC code to keep your number? She isnt too bothered if she keeps her current landline number.

My daughter's 12 months with TT are coming to an end in March & they have written to her with an offer to reduce Line rental by paying upfront (£114) - similar to last year which averages out at £9.50/month (very good) BUT the Broadband element will go up from £3.25/month to £8.75/month (very bad!!)

New customers are still being offered the £3.25/month deal

I'm sure we can find her something cheaper by leaving.

Anyone know what notice must be given to leave & whether it has to be in writing?

Thanks

Comments

• LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    I'm sure we can find her something cheaper by leaving.

You might but if you are happy with the service try ringing TT retentions on 0870 444 1820. Tell them you are thinking of leaving because of the price increase.
    There is a good chance they will waive the increase if you enter a new contract with them.
    If you do end up leaving then the best way to do it is sign up with the new ISP and let them sort it out.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £8.75 a month for broadband is dead cheap as long as the service is good. The problem is people want something for almost nothing. i doubt you will get broadband from anywhere else for £3.25 a month.

this is why broadband in this country have gone to pot because it is too cheap from larger ISPs, so smaller Isps who most offer a better service than sky, Talk talk and Bt ever can, just can't compete

Then when we get crap providers in this country people will moan like hell about how crap they all are, or once they get rid of the competition they will put their prices up

Oh well you all deserve what you get

i know money is a bit thin for a lot of people, but come on £8.75 a month. i used to pay £40 a month when i first started to use ADSL.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    £8.75 a month for broadband is dead cheap as long as the service is good. The problem is people want something for almost nothing. i doubt you will get broadband from anywhere else for £3.25 a month.

this is why broadband in this country have gone to pot because it is too cheap from larger ISPs, so smaller Isps who most offer a better service than sky, Talk talk and Bt ever can, just can't compete

Then when we get crap providers in this country people will moan like hell about how crap they all are, or once they get rid of the competition they will put their prices up

Oh well you all deserve what you get

i know money is a bit thin for a lot of people, but come on £8.75 a month. i used to pay £40 a month when i first started to use ADSL.

Not sure about your rant TBH! Its not just £8.75, plus the land line rental its £18 (might be nothing to you) , whereas shes paying £12.75 at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LION8TIGER wrote: »
    You might but if you are happy with the service try ringing TT retentions on 0870 444 1820. Tell them you are thinking of leaving because of the price increase.
    There is a good chance they will waive the increase if you enter a new contract with them.
    If you do end up leaving then the best way to do it is sign up with the new ISP and let them sort it out.

Thanks, will get her to ring retentions.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure about your rant TBH! Its not just £8.75, plus the land line rental its £18 (might be nothing to you) , whereas shes paying £12.75 at the moment.

Some people have to pay £15 odds for line rental alone I know it sounds bad but I don't think that even £18 is a lot for both line rental and broadband.