Options

Victorian, Edwardian, Wartime Farm

poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi does anyone know if there is going to be another series ?

Comments

• Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    They did a Tudor Abbey one.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can sometimes pick up on things like that by watching the regular participants on Twitter. The people who do Coast often say where they are filming as does Lucy Worsley, Dan Snow and others.
  • Options
    bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly off the subject but Alex Langlands was on the Time Team Special on Sunday Evening!
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I expect it might have run it's course now.......I've carried on watching but each successive series is getting to be a bit the same as the last one and it's difficult t see how they can make it much different

I suppose they could go back 2000 years and have a Roman Farm or even further back for a Prehistoric Farm
  • Options
    poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I expect it might have run it's course now.......I've carried on watching but each successive series is getting to be a bit the same as the last one and it's difficult t see how they can make it much different

I suppose they could go back 2000 years and have a Roman Farm or even further back for a Prehistoric Farm

I would love a Roman series.
  • Options
    macavity77macavity77 Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    Much as I loved every episode, I too suspect that it may have run its course. It was Alex Langlands who has forsaken Ruth and gone over to the good Sir Tony's team.
  • Options
    JulieePJulieeP Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I spotted Ronald Hutton, one of the experts that appears frequently on the show. I had a bit of a natter with him about it, and this was a question I asked him. He said there has been some talk about a medieval series.
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    I watched Edwardian Farm, and really enjoyed it. Which series did Alex not feature as much in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macavity77 wrote: »
    Much as I loved every episode, I too suspect that it may have run its course. It was Alex Langlands who has forsaken Ruth and gone over to the good Sir Tony's team.

Has Alex Langlands been on all the series? He seems to move around quite a bit between different channels and programmes.

It can only be a matter of time before Channel 4 drop Time Team Special completely, I tend to miss most of them because it is moved around so much and never sure whether it is a new programme or a repeat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulieeP wrote: »
    I spotted Ronald Hutton, one of the experts that appears frequently on the show. I had a bit of a natter with him about it, and this was a question I asked him. He said there has been some talk about a medieval series.

I am sure there are plenty of opportunities for future series, there are a number of periods in history they have not done and course they can then move on to other themes apart from a 'farm'. They could also perhaps co-produce something around settlers in America or some other colony.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Bumpity bump new series of 5, but based on a Castle this time.
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2026012