Blackadder 'Remastered' DVD set

grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
Forum Member
Hey,
I was wondering if this is really worth buying if you have the original set (in the black box).
One thing that concerns me is apparently some episodes from S1 are in the wrong order :confused: They put The Queen of Spain's Beard and Born to be King the wrong way round. Could this error have been corrected?

Comments

• GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And can they do a version with all the 'Darling' jokes removed from '...Goes Forth'?

I think 'Allo 'Allo want them back.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    And can they do a version with all the 'Darling' jokes removed from '...Goes Forth'?

I think 'Allo 'Allo want them back.

Heresy
  • JezRJezR Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The order was swapped in the original transmission compared with later repeats which followed the dates in the titles chronologically.
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Remastered = a tad of colour correction, a smattering of Spatial video denoising to reduce grain and output it to DVD compliant mpeg2, master to DVD and sell to the 'fans' or 'collectors' aka 'sheep'
    :D

I will stick with my complete box set, that cost enough (£50)
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    :D

I will stick with my complete box set, that cost enough (£50)

Good value. Can I have it half price if I only want the first two series*?

*and the comic relief sketch with Stephen Fry as King Charles, and the Xmas one, I suppose.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    JezR wrote: »
    The order was swapped in the original transmission compared with later repeats which followed the dates in the titles chronologically.

Really? I never knew that :) So the Remastered set goes by the original transmission dates but the first set didnt, is that what you're saying? :confused:
    I caught some of Blackadder Goes Forth on Dave the other night, and it looked like the remastered version to me and rather nice :)
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    And can they do a version with all the 'Darling' jokes removed from '...Goes Forth'?.....................

Does it actually qualify as a joke? Every time another character calls him "darling" the audience goes into hysterics. It's not actually funny, just annoying.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you talking about the remastered set that was released 5 years ago or is there a new one out now ?
  • JezRJezR Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Queen of Spain's Beard was shown second on original transmission as Born to Be King wasn't completed.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I never knew that :)
    Yes I'm talking about the Remastered set that came out a few years back
    The first time you hear the Darling joke, its funny. A few times later it seems annoying but then its funny imo as you know whats coming :D Thats almost a 70's Carry On style gag though.